• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheapest source of genuine ETA-2824?

flyinhawaiian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/20
USA
I remember a while back you used to be able to buy Calvin Klein watches for $100 on Jomashop to harvest ETA-2824's from them but they've been sold out for a while. Is there anywhere else you can grab these movements from at a reasonable price nowadays? (I'm apprehensive about using the bay as I see way too many 2824 clones being sold as genuine there)

Reactions: DryRun

Beefcake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/21
Also curious about this. New at this, but checking for ETA movements online, they seem over priced. I read somewhere on these forums (sorry forgot where) that ETA was not selling as many movements to consumers? Idk.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Swatch has been reducing the number of ETA movements and parts it supplies to watch manufacturers outside the Swatch Group, based on rulings by the Swiss Competition Commission (Swatch wanted to totally cut off supply to 3rd parties, but this fell foul of Swiss anti-cartel law). And a consequence of this is a reduction in the availability of ETA for consumer purchase generally.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Swatch has been reducing the number of ETA movements and parts it supplies to watch manufacturers outside the Swatch Group, based on rulings by the Swiss Competition Commission (Swatch wanted to totally cut off supply to 3rd parties, but this fell foul of Swiss anti-cartel law). And a consequence of this is a reduction in the availability of ETA for consumer purchase generally.
Apparently, Sellita used to and may still provide a ton of finishing work for ETA, so they're a great alternative movement.

Estas argument for moving exclusively to the swatch group was "who produces components for their competition to use?" which they we mandated to do.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Apparently, Sellita used to and may still provide a ton of finishing work for ETA, so they're a great alternative movement.

Estas argument for moving exclusively to the swatch group was "who produces components for their competition to use?" which they we mandated to do.

ETAs***

Can't edit prior post

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Unfortunately even SW200’s seem to be pretty scarce and expensive
Seems like you need someone registered with the to buy replacement parts. I'm still trying to figure out if I can replace a busted 2836 with a Sellita, or if a moderate amount of mod work should be done to accomplish.

Reactions: masterpiece777

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
eBay seller b_line55cc is a good source for factory fresh Eta and Sellita movements.
Sellita 220 is a direct swap for 2836
Do you have to mod the date wheel, or is it a straight replacement?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I trust Ali. Well if you dont get what you order - you get your money bsck from the platform. Happend few times to me, never had a peoblem..

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Sounds like they were 2813s under the hood.

That would’ve been useful! Unfortunately in this case they’re just shit.
c42f062aafbf4b2da9f57312bc02fdf4.jpg