• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forum Terms & Abbreviations

kitersoze

26/11/08
informative and humorous (esp. with all the mod/admin banter).

though, if i wish to discuss/imagine salma hayek's sexual proclivities, will they from now on be immediately attributed to seanf's? that is not good...

which might spark the creation of a new term:
frankenSsex - the unintended and, for some, most undesired transposing of salma hayek's gen parts onto seanf's midget-riddled, plush-pasted, rep-like casing/body.

eeegads...
it's already happening to me...

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
though, if i wish to discuss/imagine salma hayek's sexual proclivities, will they from now on be immediately attributed to seanf's? that is not good...

frankenSsex - the unintended and, for some, most undesired transposing of salma hayek's gen parts onto seanf's midget-riddled, plush-pasted, rep-like casing/body.

eeegads...

You know, talking about this is only going to make your condition spread like an STD. Fortunately, being a woman, I probably spend a lot less time imagining Salma Hayek's gen parts than most of you.

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
daytona4me said:
Also want to add that "CNY" is also the acronym used for Chinese New Year 8)

Thnaks for the comprehensive list FM.

When I started reading the list, the acronym "CNY" also leaped out at me as being the Chinese New Year rather that Chinese Yuan.

I remember that the term "Lunar New Year" was used in North America in the past (ie Viet Nam conflict). Now that China is more prominent in the news I guess CNY has taken over in every day usage.

Tranman

23/1/09
How about adding SEL (solid end link) . took me some reading before I came across this one.

kitersoze

26/11/08
wait... seanf? is that you?

i'm so confused... :?

ahw676 said:

eeegads...

You know, talking about this is only going to make your condition spread like an STD. Fortunately, being a woman, I probably spend a lot less time imagining Salma Hayek's gen parts than most of you.

rarebear

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/7/09
Thanks Much, just what I was looking for, Said the Noob :)

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Thank you for this list!

I'd like to suggest to include "noobmariner" :)

TIA
Dr.verylong

Prosperity888

15/3/12
Hi, If I'm not mistaken, CNY does not refer to the currency, In my opinion, CNY stands for Chinese New Year, I have been reading some previous sales threads that watch orders might be delayed due to CNY. I'm sure that everyone already knows that the China currency is Renminbi aka RMB.

Anyways, I am just trying to give my opinion and don't mean any disrespect! Please forgive me if I have made a mistake. Thanks guys! :):lol:

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
I realize that this is a bit of a necropost, I was looking for:

DLC: Diamond Like Coating -- The DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating process is a PVD coating process using diamond like carbons. This durable and friction-reducing coating with an anthracite-coloured appearance essentially comprises diamonds measuring just a few nanometres across, coated in graphite. This structure is commonly referred to as Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC). Thanks to its diamond-like layered structure, DLC layers possess exceptionally hard surface properties. They are substantially harder and more durable than ultra-hardened grades of steel, and are exceptionally corrosion-resistant, as well as being skin-friendly. DLC coatings are harder than classic PVDs and therefore have an increased resistance to abrasion. Source:http://www.oris.ch/services/faq.aspx?ln=en&sel=2&id_faq=43

. . . and I stumbled across this. Both are right:
Hi, If I'm not mistaken, CNY does not refer to the currency, In my opinion, CNY stands for Chinese New Year, I have been reading some previous sales threads that watch orders might be delayed due to CNY. I'm sure that everyone already knows that the China currency is Renminbi aka RMB.

Anyways, I am just trying to give my opinion and don't mean any disrespect! Please forgive me if I have made a mistake. Thanks guys! :):lol:
CNY: Chinese Yuan, it is the same as
RMB: Ren Min Bi (Peoples Money)

rroe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/13
NJ, USA
Can someone tell me what SEL refers to? I think it must be some part of the watch by context but too slow to get it...used to be the long wheelbase S class Mercedes back in the day...