Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Upload Pictures Easily via PixelsBin

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Pictures Easily via PixelsBin

Hello Fellas. First off, thanks to TrailBoss for allowing me to post this here.

I would like to present an alternative way to post and link images to RWI, via PixelsBin (https://www.pixelsbin.com). It is easy and straightforward, can be used from both mobile device or desktop compute. You can easily drag and drop the files you want to upload, or select them from your phone, and once uploaded you can copy the generated BBCodes and paste it easily in your psot/thread. As guest, the images staty for 30 days, but as a member (it's FREE) you can keep the images for as long as you want. You can also create Private albums, or share images only by links.

For a step by step:

1. Go to www.pixelsbin.com from your desktop or mobile phone.

2. You can login, signup, or outright upload images by clicking the UPLOAD button.

3. Select one or multiple images from your PC or phone, and click Open/Ok.

4. A window will show the images selected. You can choose which Album you want to to save it to. You can also do that from your account afterwards, to organize your images.

5. Once the upload is complete, you are presented with the EMBED codes. For RWI, select the BBCodes, BBCode Full, or BBCode Linked. I would recommend BBCode medium linked so a scaled image is used, but linked back to view the full image.

6. You can then copy the code and paste it to your thread or post. And that's it. Easy and straightforward.

If you have already uploaded the images and forgot to get the embed codes, then read on....

7. Login to your account at PixelsBin, then go to your albums.

8. Put a check on the images you want to get the embed codes for.

9. After you select your images from your album, you can click the link/dropdown on the top right of the page, just below the Share button" where it says "Selection(x) Action".

10. The dropdown gives you the option to "Get embed codes".

11. From there, just select the BBCodes Full, Medium, or Linked.

12. For a single image, the embed codes are shown like this.

And that's it. Hoping to see you guys try us out. I can assure, the service will remain FREE to RWI members. Any questions or suggestions just let me know. You'll see me lurking in the PAM section

Cheers. Francis

I use it. An excellent replacement option for Photobucket refugees. Highly recommend!
    My wish list: gen components...
    Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for sharing
      My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

Thanks guys. Let me know if you have any questions.

Images hosted with www.PixelsBin.com

Comment

I just used it for the tagged pic in a sales thread. Super easy
          My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

Great picture hosting solution. Without photobucket this is the best and easiest way possible
            Now
            Pictures hosted by http://www.pixelsbin.com/ since photobucket crapped out. Great alternative for those looking.

I use the same name for repgeek.com, rwg.bz, rwg.cc, and horologyboard.com

Comment

Interesting, thanks for sharing
              SHARE YOUR SKILLS!
              Summary of the best tutorials

MY WORKS
              Directory of my builds and reviews

Comment

i'll get an account !
                I'm in love with the shape of Roo // Sucker for 3-6-9 dials

Comment

Originally posted by Nivka, post: 3667172, member: 100385
                  I just used it for the tagged pic in a sales thread. Super easy
                  Originally posted by JackJ1980, post: 3667179, member: 129116
                  Great picture hosting solution. Without photobucket this is the best and easiest way possible
                  Now
                  Thanks!!

Originally posted by kilowattore, post: 3667182, member: 64001
                  Interesting, thanks for sharing
                  Anytime. hopefully can contribute more to this awesome community.

Originally posted by SuperLory, post: 3667186, member: 114247
                  i'll get an account !
                  Awesome bro let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by bangsters, post: 3667192, member: 143475

Awesome bro let me know if you have any questions.
                    i dont see any mention in T&C to any limitation in number of images uploaded or storage. Any limit ?

Comment

Cool, maybe make this a sticky in the sales area and REMOVE photobucket altogether.

Comment

I've had good success with Imgur. For image heavy archival posts like brand guides or wiki-type content I'd recommend imgur over anything as the longevity of the service is already proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeo, post: 3667343, member: 71472
                          I've had good success with Imgur. For image heavy archival posts like brand guides or wiki-type content I'd recommend imgur over anything as the longevity of the service is already proven.
                          I have a big issue with imgur..if i upload >= 5 images there is an annoying glitch whereby the browser tend to scroll up & down by itself. Happened to me on various desktop configurations and it's a known bug

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLory, post: 3667326, member: 114247
                            i dont see any mention in T&C to any limitation in number of images uploaded or storage. Any limit ?
                            We have set parallel uploads to 10 images at a time, but you can select more than that. What will happen would be the other j ages will be queued and will be uploaded as the first 10 start completing.

I have done well over 30 jmages at a time and have had no issues.
                            Originally posted by SuperLory, post: 3667381, member: 114247
                            I have a big issue with imgur..if i upload >= 5 images there is an annoying glitch whereby the browser tend to scroll up & down by itself. Happened to me on various desktop configurations and it's a known bug
                            So far haven't seen the same on ours.

Thanks.

Comment

Any chance this can get a sticky?

Comment

Working...
                              X