• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upload Pictures Easily via PixelsBin

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
Hello Fellas. First off, thanks to TrailBoss for allowing me to post this here.

I would like to present an alternative way to post and link images to RWI, via PixelsBin (https://www.pixelsbin.com). It is easy and straightforward, can be used from both mobile device or desktop compute. You can easily drag and drop the files you want to upload, or select them from your phone, and once uploaded you can copy the generated BBCodes and paste it easily in your psot/thread. As guest, the images staty for 30 days, but as a member (it's FREE) you can keep the images for as long as you want. You can also create Private albums, or share images only by links.

For a step by step:

1. Go to www.pixelsbin.com from your desktop or mobile phone.

2. You can login, signup, or outright upload images by clicking the UPLOAD button.

3. Select one or multiple images from your PC or phone, and click Open/Ok.

4. A window will show the images selected. You can choose which Album you want to to save it to. You can also do that from your account afterwards, to organize your images.

5. Once the upload is complete, you are presented with the EMBED codes. For RWI, select the BBCodes, BBCode Full, or BBCode Linked. I would recommend BBCode medium linked so a scaled image is used, but linked back to view the full image.

6. You can then copy the code and paste it to your thread or post. And that's it. Easy and straightforward.

If you have already uploaded the images and forgot to get the embed codes, then read on....

7. Login to your account at PixelsBin, then go to your albums.

8. Put a check on the images you want to get the embed codes for.

9. After you select your images from your album, you can click the link/dropdown on the top right of the page, just below the Share button" where it says "Selection(x) Action".

10. The dropdown gives you the option to "Get embed codes".

11. From there, just select the BBCodes Full, Medium, or Linked.

12. For a single image, the embed codes are shown like this.

And that's it. Hoping to see you guys try us out. I can assure, the service will remain FREE to RWI members. Any questions or suggestions just let me know. You'll see me lurking in the PAM section :)

Cheers. Francis

Reactions: Auto_xer

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I use it. An excellent replacement option for Photobucket refugees. Highly recommend!

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I just used it for the tagged pic in a sales thread. Super easy

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Great picture hosting solution. Without photobucket this is the best and easiest way possible
Now

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Interesting, thanks for sharing

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Cool, maybe make this a sticky in the sales area and REMOVE photobucket altogether.

Awesomeo

13/9/13
I've had good success with Imgur. For image heavy archival posts like brand guides or wiki-type content I'd recommend imgur over anything as the longevity of the service is already proven.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I've had good success with Imgur. For image heavy archival posts like brand guides or wiki-type content I'd recommend imgur over anything as the longevity of the service is already proven.

I have a big issue with imgur..if i upload >= 5 images there is an annoying glitch whereby the browser tend to scroll up & down by itself. Happened to me on various desktop configurations and it's a known bug

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
i dont see any mention in T&C to any limitation in number of images uploaded or storage. Any limit ?
We have set parallel uploads to 10 images at a time, but you can select more than that. What will happen would be the other j ages will be queued and will be uploaded as the first 10 start completing.

I have done well over 30 jmages at a time and have had no issues.
I have a big issue with imgur..if i upload >= 5 images there is an annoying glitch whereby the browser tend to scroll up & down by itself. Happened to me on various desktop configurations and it's a known bug
So far haven't seen the same on ours.

Thanks.

Images hosted with www.PixelsBin.com

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
@bangsters after PB changed I switched to Imgur, I found it to be way better and easier than PB. Can you tell me how this one would be better than imgur for me. please

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
Hey @Maron. I haven't really used imgur. But I can say the platform I have with PixelsBin is forum friendly. I guess I can say it would be better for you because the person that runs PixelsBin is a fellow rwi member so I can personally address any issues and keep optimizing according to what we see when used in conjunction for rwi and other forums. I cannot really say anything bad with imgur or even the original PB (as it turns out PixelsBin is also PB initials lol). But I can say that you guys have access to the guy who runs it. :)

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Hey @Maron. I haven't really used imgur. But I can say the platform I have with PixelsBin is forum friendly. I guess I can say it would be better for you because the person that runs PixelsBin is a fellow rwi member so I can personally address any issues and keep optimizing according to what we see when used in conjunction for rwi and other forums. I cannot really say anything bad with imgur or even the original PB (as it turns out PixelsBin is also PB initials lol). But I can say that you guys have access to the guy who runs it. :)

Great answer and thank you. I also noticed the shared initials "PB" :)

Sent from the RWI App