• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with PureTime

longwood8

Horology Curious
2/8/11
After researching and lurking here for a loooooong time I finally took the plunge and ordered two watches. A Franck Mueller GF Casablanca for myself and a Cartier Tank Americaine quartz for the wife. These will be my first reps to add to a small collection of gens (Breitling Transocean Chrono, IWC Portofino, Tag Link, Tag Formula 1, and assorted others).

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order :) We will process your order as soon as possible . Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any help. Thanks

longwood8

Horology Curious
2/8/11
My order was supposed to ship on December 11th, but tracking still shows as "shipping information received." I know that sometimes the tracking info lags, but before shipping I advised that I would not be available from December 21st to December 29th. So I am concerned what will happen while I am away. I sent an email to support over 24 hours ago and still no response. Hope to receive one here.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mate no mail order place is going to be able to account for your not being available, that's your issue. Why would you order something online if you are not going to be around to receive it?
Right now there is a mountain of mail making it way out of China and a lot of it probably isn't being scanned; even if it was shipped on time and that day it could still be trapped in China as the system is notorious for breaking down at this time of year. Your watch will turn up sooner or later.

longwood8

Horology Curious
2/8/11
To be clear, when approving the QC picks I advised the dates I would be unavailable and was fine with delaying shipping. In fact, I made clear that I expected the shipment to not arrive until after I returned well after Christmas. In response I was told I should receive the watch before my travels, no later than the 18th. This frankly surprised me as I was not expecting it until January. It is now the 20th and I am just looking for an update and trying to be proactive in case it arrives while I am away. Someone will be available to receive the shipment, but not inspect them.

Right now, my only complaint is that I had followed up several days ago via email and received a form response stating I would get an answer in no more than 9 hours. Again, I am just trying to be proactive and communicate fully. A simple email stating we shipped it on ____ would be great as opposed to radio silence.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
My order was supposed to ship on December 11th, but tracking still shows as "shipping information received." I know that sometimes the tracking info lags, but before shipping I advised that I would not be available from December 21st to December 29th. So I am concerned what will happen while I am away. I sent an email to support over 24 hours ago and still no response. Hope to receive one here.

Friend, when the package arrives to your country, you can contact the courier to arrange the delivery time. They can hold it for you

Reactions: Raddave

longwood8

Horology Curious
2/8/11
So the first order did not make it out of HK. Just approved the second set of QC pics so lets try this again.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
No problem. Hope this time it will go through smoothly

longwood8

Horology Curious
2/8/11
The second shipment went smooth and I am more than pleased with both watches. Now to find nice straps.