• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seconds hand skips on a replica 116610 ARF SH3135V2

Antidogma

Horology Curious
25/10/19
I have purchased and received today from Puretime a replica 116610 ARF with the newer movement SH3135V2. I made the decision after reading this forum extensively, and reading all pros and cons.
The watch is very well built, and it arrived safely packaged, but the seconds hand is very erratic: it sweeps very fast, and skips 2 seconds every 5, then it stops suddenly, only to start again if I shake my wrist. The watch is also poorly calibrated, and it easily goes 2x the regular speed, until it stops again, of course.
Obviously, this is very disappointing.
I have owned a high quality replica 16610 for about 17 years, and properly serviced, it always worked great. I am really surprised Puretime would ship such a very expensive replica without proper QC.
Has anyone received such a defective product from Puretime? And how has Puretime responded? I have sent an email to QC, but I am yet to hear back from them. Given the fact they are located in China, I am a bit worried about my investment.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for what happened. We check and test every watch before shipping them out. We also provided qc pictures and timergraph. Please note damages can not be avoided during shipping. It's out of our control. Also,It's nearly impossible for us to wear your watch or test on matchine for a few days to find out if it will run well. Even if we do, it still may arrive DOA or broken. Since you have already wrriten to us by email, we will check and get back to you very soon. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

reptime101

15/9/18
Shipping from China is a bumpy ride. Be patient with Puretime, second to none in the business. I suggest just having it serviced by one of our members, will be well worth it.

Last edited:

Antidogma

Horology Curious
25/10/19
I appreciate the replies, but as I said, the packaging was unblemished upon arrival, and there were two styrofoam layers to protect the watch. The issue may be the frail movement design and built.
If it is a simple servicing issue, I would be happy to get it fixed, as there is a reliable watch shop in town, but my concern is that, if I the watch were opened and inspected, any warranty may be voided. At this point, I am probably better off to cut my losses and return the watch, getting a refund, minus the cost of shipping.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I appreciate the replies, but as I said, the packaging was unblemished upon arrival, and there were two styrofoam layers to protect the watch. The issue may be the frail movement design and built.
If it is a simple servicing issue, I would be happy to get it fixed, as there is a reliable watch shop in town, but my concern is that, if I the watch were opened and inspected, any warranty may be voided. At this point, I am probably better off to cut my losses and return the watch, getting a refund, minus the cost of shipping.

'The frail movement design' is based on the genuine Rolex 3135, so the basic design is sound - the construction and assembly methods though will not be the same.

There is a difference between the second hand not ticking at the correct rate and the movement as a whole not keeping time - a loose second hand on it's post will have the second hand slipping regularly even though the movement is functioning correctly and keeping time. the second hand could be touching the crystal, which is not a problem with the movement but a problem with hand clearance.
If there is a real problem with the movement then the hour and minute hands will not be keeping time -this is a far more accurate way of seeing if the movement functions correctly, unlike focusing on what the second hand is doing..

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

It's a long way from China to your place. You will never know if a courier will throw your package here and there. They care less about the contents inside the packages. We recommend you check with the watchsmith because maybe it just needs an easy fix. It will not void your warranty with us if they don't replace any parts inside. Again i am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Antidogma

Horology Curious
25/10/19
The local watch repair shop concluded that in order to fix the watch, the movement would have to be taken completely apart before an assessment can be made of what is broken. I was hoping in a simple misalignment, but that turned out not to be the case.
And it is not just the seconds hand skipping every five seconds. The watch alternatively stops, and then starts again when shaken. Only, when working, it goes twice as fast as it should.
In the end, I suspect it was a defective product to start with, and since I paid top of the line replica money for it, I am quite surprised it got damaged, since the packaging appeared unblemished coming in.
While I respect the fact that the shipper cannot account for mishandling by the carrier, I wonder whether perhaps insufficient packaging may have been used, considering how much I was charged for shipping % handling.
Again, my goal is not to discredit the seller, but it is important to report all experiences, whether positive or negative. If my experience turns out to be a positive one, in the end, I will be happy to report it as well. Until then, it is still one out of five stars for me.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
As i explained, it is not strange if it arrives DOA or broken. We check and we test the watch on matchine then we send it out . It's out of our control if it has a potencial defect in the future or will be damaged during shipping. Please email us directly or PM me if you need any help. Thanks and sorry again for what happened.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
1 out of 5 stars? This isn’t Amazon LOL. The watch makes time go twice as fast? So you get out of work in half the time then, what’s the problem?

Just PM puretime and he will take care of you, welcome to the hobby. By the way your stars mean nothing here, everyone likes Angus.

Antidogma

Horology Curious
25/10/19
For some reason there is the misconception that I have a dislike for the Puretime and I am saying "mean things".
That's not the case. I am just factually reporting my experience. In the end, a business that bases its success on international shipping, has to take steps to assure, as much as possible, that such shipping does not damage the product. Having a sample of one as experience, all I can really do as a customer is to report objectively such experience.
The one out of five stars should not be misconstrued as my trying to cast a negative light on Puretime. On the contrary, I look forward to Puretime to reply to my queries to verify the address where I should send the watch for repair. Unfortunately, so far Puretime has not been responsive to my queries.
Being out of almost $600, I will keep my one out of five stars review until I have again a well working watch in my hands.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
For some reason there is the misconception that I have a dislike for the Puretime and I am saying "mean things".
That's not the case. I am just factually reporting my experience. In the end, a business that bases its success on international shipping, has to take steps to assure, as much as possible, that such shipping does not damage the product. Having a sample of one as experience, all I can really do as a customer is to report objectively such experience.
The one out of five stars should not be misconstrued as my trying to cast a negative light on Puretime. On the contrary, I look forward to Puretime to reply to my queries to verify the address where I should send the watch for repair. Unfortunately, so far Puretime has not been responsive to my queries.
Being out of almost $600, I will keep my one out of five stars review until I have again a well working watch in my hands.

Puretime ships hundreds of watches every week, yet reports of watches arriving broken aren't all that common.

Problems can happen in shipping, irrespective of the quality of the packaging, it's always possible for something to go wrong. In international hubs parcels are transported on conveyor belts, and the parcels are dropped from fairly substantial height into containers. It doesn't take a lot to crack a jewel or snap a staff in a watch movement.

Your local watch repair said the same thing to you as they say to everybody who brings in a non functioning watch - the movement will need to be stripped down and examined in order to determine the problem.

I don't think Puretime is worried about the star attribution, it's probably more helpful to you than it is to them.

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16

Your frustration is understandable and you can be guaranteed that the majority of the folks here have been exactly where you are now. We understand.
However, you'd better educate yourself in how the replica world works and what one should do and not do and what is a usual occurence and what not and correct your expectation level accordingly.
Otherwise you better get out of this business as you will likely not have a lot of fun here.
To begin with try out a little more friendlyness, a little more patience, a little less expectation and stop threatening with stars that no one will give a sh... about.
Sorry for maybe sounding a little harsh. That's not what it's meant to be but intended to help understand things.
Don't worry. The folks at puretime will get this sorted out.

Reactions: Eldonsimon

Antidogma

Horology Curious
25/10/19
I don't understand where my post communicates unfriendliness. I am presently communicating with Puretime to solve this matter.
I think it is important that prospective and existing customers are aware of the positive as well as the negative experiences. I repeat it one more time, more than I probably should have had: I am not an adversarial customer. I am just playing my objective part based on my experience. There is frustration, of course, because of the substantial financial investment, and the additional delay of several weeks before I can have a functioning watch in my hands.
I also find condescending the assumption that just because I am a new user on this forum, I somehow am inexperienced about the replica business. I have purchased replica watches on the internet for more than twenty years, and I have had my share of good and bad experiences.
In the end, I behave with Puretime in exactly the same way I behave with Amazon or any other online retailer: if I have a good experience, I offer praise. If I have a bad experience, I offer constructive criticism, with the hope to eventually post a positive review if and when the issue is solved.
I chose Puretime for the quality of their customer service, reliability, and replica quality. I am the first one who looks forward to an amicable and positive resolution. Above all, Puretime needs to hear constructive feedback, because that's the only way they can improve their shipping operations, if they think necessary to do so.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
OP, your posts do not communicate unfriendliness. Your frustration is real and acknowledged. But you should know that TDs, especially high volume TDs, just wind the watch, stick it on timegrapher for a few seconds, ship. I suspect that if the first reading is not good enough, they reset the timegrapher and repeat this process till they get something acceptable, then ship. Thats the only way they can ship out say a hundred watches per week with, say a 5 headcount enterprise.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I didn't read all through your post - boredom took over.

You would not believe how pompous you sound.

You bought a fake Chinese Rolex, it arrived damaged, the dealer will sort it out, end of.

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
In the end, I behave with Puretime in exactly the same way I behave with Amazon or any other online retailer

that is exactly what I meant with my comment
anyhow, your decision what you make out of it
keep going like you think is right
no offense

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Antidogma “substantial investment” “behave with Puretime in exactly the same way I behave with Amazon”

Puretime will tell you what to do in order to take care of it. If your FAKE Rolex is coming from a CHINESE factory operating in terrible conditions, always on the move to avoid raids by authorities. Then it is being shipped across the world to reach you. There are many ways in which damage can occur and actually none of them have anything to do with the TD (Puretime in your case). PT is simply the middle man yet they still choose to help out, which you are not being appreciative of. They will tell you to send the watch back, when they receive it they will take it to the factory for repair. You will be lucky if the watch gets back to you in under 6 months. Just be a big boy and take your SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT FAKE ROLEX to a watchmaker and have them service it for you. Crying on a board and documenting every time you blink is pointless, and make you look like a pompous idiot.

P.S. $600 in a replica is nothing, there are those of us who have 4K+ in a single rep. Also, you will not come here and “constructively criticize” the TRUSTED Dealers, they are trusted and know what they are doing. They have done countless transactions and you are no one special, just send the watch back for repair and wait patiently since you don’t want to get it serviced.

Reactions: schlonz

Antidogma

Horology Curious
25/10/19
It is when I read posts from ignoramus such as Rawbe that I lose all faith in humanity.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
LOL, you’re oblivious to what everyone is telling you.

“one out of five stars review” I laugh every time I get a notification from this thread. I’d say don’t make a fool of yourself but it’s a little late for that advice I suppose.

Cheers to your 20 years of experience in the replica industry Mr. constructive criticism. Enjoy!

Reactions: schlonz and Tucker

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Above all, Puretime needs to hear constructive feedback, because that's the only way they can improve their shipping operations, if they think necessary to do so.

Wait what?! Puretime has their own shipping service now?