• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Faulty watch sent back recorded delivery but no news in 11 days. What to do?

Pauldanielferguson

Horology Curious
17/7/18
Bought my first ever rep last month, a Tudor Pelagos, from PureTime. Unfortunately it was faulty (which i understand can happen) and so after talking to them I was advised to send it back via the instruction they gave (recorded delivery and low value stated) but it has now been over 11 days since it arrived in China and no news at all. Anyone have any similar experience or advice? Thanks

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Remember - this isn't Amazon. TD's are around for a reason...they're trusted. It WILL work out, just be patient. You are isolated/they are global.

B

Pauldanielferguson

Horology Curious
17/7/18
Thanks. Will do, was just looking to see if anyone had had any similar experiences in the delay in returning and about timescales.

Pauldanielferguson

Horology Curious
17/7/18
To update, Puretime have received it back now; it just hadn’t been updated on Royal Mail. Will be patient now and wait for it to be mended.

Thanks for advice

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You are lucky it was that quick, it can take months to send stuff back to China which is why I'd never do it. Easier and less risky to bite the bullet and have it fixed locally.

Fjo

Horology Curious
16/7/18
May I know If a customer receives a faulty rep, will the TD get it fix for free? What about the return shipment? Does the customer need to bare the cost?

Just curious cause I'm just this close into making a purchase with Lucy.

Thank you in advance.
Fjo

Pauldanielferguson

Horology Curious
17/7/18
trailboss99 yes it was a last resort really. Had taken it to a couple of shops locally and they wouldn’t look at it as it’s “a copy” and it kept stopping so only alternative was to risk sending it back really. Sent it recorded and signed for and kept PureTime updated. Hopefully it will be quite quickly returned as well!

Pauldanielferguson

Horology Curious
17/7/18
Fjo yes it was faulty as soon as I got it - it kept stopping at 20seconds and needed a hard shake to get it going, so wouldn’t keep the time at all. Because it was sent faulty I think/hope/assume it will be mended for free (I doubt they will give me a different working one) but I have had to pay the postage back unfortunately which was about £20.

But it it was that or have a watch that wasn’t working that I had spent a lot of money on.

I will I’ll keep you updated on how long it takes to get it back.

Reactions: Fjo

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
trailboss99 yes it was a last resort really. Had taken it to a couple of shops locally and they wouldn’t look at it as it’s “a copy” and it kept stopping so only alternative was to risk sending it back really. Sent it recorded and signed for and kept PureTime updated. Hopefully it will be quite quickly returned as well!

For future reference, you can send it to a forum watchmaker in U.K./EU.

It’s easier.

They will do a full service and not just a quick local repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
It can take up to a month, don’t worry as long as you followed the instructions.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
I did the same once and they were very correct in every way, it was an expensive watch too

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Fjo yes it was faulty as soon as I got it - it kept stopping at 20seconds and needed a hard shake to get it going, so wouldn’t keep the time at all. Because it was sent faulty I think/hope/assume it will be mended for free (I doubt they will give me a different working one) but I have had to pay the postage back unfortunately which was about £20.

But it it was that or have a watch that wasn’t working that I had spent a lot of money on.

I will I’ll keep you updated on how long it takes to get it back.

You realize that you needed to wind it?

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
You realize that you needed to wind it?

if your answer is "yes, of cource" try to find a watchsmith that have self respect.
People that barking to protect "standarts" that have been created from wealthy people, are never thrustworthy.

If any groupo doesn't want reps to be excisted, they should think it before they do cuts on their personel and take
advantage of the low cost productivity in an other country. Spreding their know how while they kept the same prices
and make more money than before, doesn't give them the right to play the role of ethical judge on the system that they create.

There is a proverb that says; "help me poor so we are not gonna be equal"...

Pauldanielferguson

Horology Curious
17/7/18
Tucker yes I did wind it and it did work but the second kept stopping exactly at the 20past mark and then would start again when given one hard shake. Sometimes you could see it struggle to get past and slow down/ stutter at the 20 second mark and then get past it and move as normal.

It it wasn’t just a case of winding it unfortunately. (That was the first thing they asked and I had to show them a video to show it getting stuck/stuttering past the 20 past mark.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
if your answer is "yes, of cource" try to find a watchsmith that have self respect.
People that barking to protect "standarts" that have been created from wealthy people, are never thrustworthy.

If any groupo doesn't want reps to be excisted, they should think it before they do cuts on their personel and take
advantage of the low cost productivity in an other country. Spreding their know how while they kept the same prices
and make more money than before, doesn't give them the right to play the role of ethical judge on the system that they create.

There is a proverb that says; "help me poor so we are not gonna be equal"...

What on earth are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyknic

24/10/17
I had a doa from PT. sent it back, took what felt like a life time. But I got it back and it runs great now.

sit it out. All will end well I should think.

Pyknic

24/10/17
it Was faster to get from the UK to China, than it was to get to thr TD once it was in China.

it was awhile back, but I think at least a month. It was repaired in a few days, then a good 3 weeks to geat back to me.