• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Experience share with the after sales service at PureTime

Lepced

Horology Curious
9/11/21
My experience with after sales service at PureTime:

I bought a watch in March 2021, I received the watch, all was looking very good!!! Unfortunately the watch felt down from my wrist and get broken because the wristband get released from the watch. I noticed that one barrette holding the watch to the wristband was shorter than the other one which is the reason why the watch felt. This was a small mistake when assembling the watch, no luck for me but this can happen... so no complain !

I have contacted PureTime and ask for warranty and repair, they told me to ship back the watch with the local post office. I did it but the package was returned by the custom 4 months later. PureTime told me try to fix it locally but none of the watchmaker could fix it. They said it was too much broken inside. PureTime told me to ship it a second time with same shipping company but unfortunately it was again returned by the custom 4 months later....

Then I have asked for replacement of the watch as I can't go through the custom... but they don't agree and they keep telling me that I must return the watch. So I went few days ago to the same national post office but now, they don't make anymore shipping to China because of Covid.... only companies like DHL, FedEx,... are doing it. I told that to PureTime but they said that I can only ship it with the local post office and no other company !

PureTime was always answering to all my emails with most of the time no consistency in their answer. I have the strong feeling that the final intention is not to help but they are trying to push me to drop the case.

The issue could be solved easily with a replacement of the watch but after 15 months I am still in the same position... so be careful when buying a watch, if you have any issues, it's actually very difficult to use the supposed "warranty" as it's looks like impossible to ship back...

I hope PureTime will take my issue into consideration with a realistic and quick solution. If anyone was in the same situation, I would be happy to know what solution you have found.

Thank you,

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If a watch falls off your wrist and slam to the floor, I would not expect anyone to offer you a repair or replacement. You are fortunate that they offered you that. Imagine if you bought a watch in 2021 in the M2M section and this happened. Would you expect the seller to fix it for you at no cost ?

Lepced

Horology Curious
9/11/21
Your are right but it depends on the reason why it felt down. If you loose a wheel from your car and crash it because the manufacturer didn't fix it properly, I guess you will ask the seller for some compensation... Here it's the same, one of the two barrettes holding the watch was about 2mm shorter and it's the reason why it felt down. It's a hidden defect that cause this accident.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The dealer hasn't refused to honor the warranty, he has simply asked that you return the watch. Customs prevented your warranty from being honored, therefore your complaint should be directed to Customs, not Puretime.

Lepced

Horology Curious
9/11/21
Correct, the issue is with the custom, PureTime is always answering and accepting to return the watch for warranty. But after two attempts and more than one year trying to ship it back I would have expected more support or different solutions from them. I have been patient and I always understood their concerns regarding order delays (4 months), custom issues,... if I wanted a perfect after sales service I should have bought an original one...

My concern is that after 15 months and still no solution, I would really appreciate if they could suggest me to replace it straight away but they don't have to and I understand that. In the end it's just a question of how supportive they can be in such situation, do they want to offer just a simple warranty or also the customer satisfaction. No one is wrong in this story...

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry for what happened to your order. Puretime offers warranty to fix your watch but none of the dealers will send replacements for such cases. Hope you understand.
Maybe it's what declared on package that caused the return by customs. Please return it back again with a different name and declaration when there is post service to China. I am afraid this is the only way to get it fixed
or maybe you can try one of the watchmakers on this forum. Thank you

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
Isn’t a better solution offering to ship said parts for a cost? shipping back is way to much of a hassle, just a thought…

HacknHand

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/22
Have the responders to this thread actually read the OP? It seems not.
  1. Absolutely this is an assembly defect and should be covered by the seller.
  2. The OP has already taken it to a local watchmaker who says "can't fix it".
  3. The parts replacement is probably just an inexpensive movement, that could probably be source and shipped easily if the seller was willing.
  4. All TD's, and most customers, know there's about 0.1% chance of a successful return to China, they should probably stop asking for people to do that, it's disingenuous. Heck it's almost impossible to return something to a legit seller on a "legit" marketplace like AliExpress.
  5. TD's should allow any return shipping method, requiring standard post is BS.
So, I actually think the OP is perfectly justified in asking the question and posting this thread, and it seems he's been patient, polite and accommodating. It strikes me he deserves sympathy not derision.

Having said all this, I think you're shit out of luck OP, this is just the nature and risk of the rep game, if you get a dud, or it becomes a dud, you have little recourse. I'm sorry about your situation but be glad you got your watch back twice, normally you might never see it again after return shipping!

I think your bast best is to try and establish what type of movement is compatible with your watch, purchase one of them, and have a local watchmaker install and regulate it.

Good luck.

ron99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/10
ES + NL
My experience with after sales service at PureTime:

I bought a watch in March 2021, I received the watch, all was looking very good!!! Unfortunately the watch felt down from my wrist and get broken because the wristband get released from the watch. I noticed that one barrette holding the watch to the wristband was shorter than the other one which is the reason why the watch felt. This was a small mistake when assembling the watch, no luck for me but this can happen... so no complain !

I have contacted PureTime and ask for warranty and repair, they told me to ship back the watch with the local post office. I did it but the package was returned by the custom 4 months later. PureTime told me try to fix it locally but none of the watchmaker could fix it. They said it was too much broken inside. PureTime told me to ship it a second time with same shipping company but unfortunately it was again returned by the custom 4 months later....

Then I have asked for replacement of the watch as I can't go through the custom... but they don't agree and they keep telling me that I must return the watch. So I went few days ago to the same national post office but now, they don't make anymore shipping to China because of Covid.... only companies like DHL, FedEx,... are doing it. I told that to PureTime but they said that I can only ship it with the local post office and no other company !

PureTime was always answering to all my emails with most of the time no consistency in their answer. I have the strong feeling that the final intention is not to help but they are trying to push me to drop the case.

The issue could be solved easily with a replacement of the watch but after 15 months I am still in the same position... so be careful when buying a watch, if you have any issues, it's actually very difficult to use the supposed "warranty" as it's looks like impossible to ship back...

I hope PureTime will take my issue into consideration with a realistic and quick solution. If anyone was in the same situation, I would be happy to know what solution you have found.

Thank you,

Perhaps you can ask them if it is ok if you send the broken watch to one of their “triangle correspondents” ?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: