• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My First Order Experience!

TJS90

Horology Curious
23/10/21
Hello everyone!

I wanted to take the time to post about my first experience with ordering through PureTime. And, most importantly, document my journey through my first order with this respected dealer.

Background information

Throughout my life I have always been fascinated with time pieces. Taking every opportunity to catch a glimpse of "fine wrist art" as it passed by my gaze. Most of my journey has been more centered around the beauty of the creation itself. And, as that passion grew, I learned more and more about the status that came with each time piece. Growing up my father and grandfather were both collectors of time pieces. Both in the form of Grandfather clocks (Howard Miller, Daniel Dakota, etc.) and wrist watches (Rolex in particular). Which is where my initial fascination with this world took root.

My Quest Begins

I have always wanted to purchase a Rolex. And have always been afraid of the age old "What if I'm not happy with my investment?", "What if I don't like the way it looks on my wrist?", and "What if Rolex is not actually the brand for me?". And that is when I stumbled on the fine world of R.W.I. through the magical land of Reddit! After reading through thousands of threads, topics, posts, responses, and interactions I knew I found the right place to begin my journey.

So I set out on my own personal journey to "vet" out what trusted dealer I wanted to go with. Ultimately, the decision was to hard, I could not decide which fine trusted dealer to use! So I did what every rookie/noob does..... and find which one was the easiest to order from! Which is where I landed on PureTime!

After scouring through their website for hours and hours I landed on my final decision! To which I had picked two different Rolex watches to start my collection. A 16610 LN Submariner W/Date on a SS Bracelet (Black dial & Black Bezel) & a Yacht-Master 126655 Rose Gold (Black Bezel & Black Dial) on the Oyster Flex bracelet. With the hope that once I received these two watches I would be able to answer some of the above questions I have had for year..

The Timeline
  1. November 3, 2021 : Order submitted through their website. (Paying with a credit card.)
  2. November 4, 2021 : Email received from PureTime they have received my request and are processing the payment.
  3. November 4, 2021 : Puretime processed my payment and order pushed over to QC team awaiting watches for QC from factory.
  4. November 6, 2021 : QC Photos received from PureTime (Elena via email. She is the BEST!) for the Yacht-Master. (Please see photos below)
  5. November 6, 2021 : QC Photos approved.
  6. November 7, 2021 : PureTime informed me they are still waiting on the other watch from the factory. (ARF only delivers on specific day intervals)
  7. November 9, 2021 : I emailed PureTime to ask on what the usual expectation was for "timelines" when ordering from the factories. (Since I had not received correspondence since Nov 7, 2021)
  8. November 10, 2021 : PureTime responded (Elena) to let me know of the expected wait times and the process that ARF goes through when supplying them.
  9. November 10, 2021 : I responded to PureTime paying extra shipping charge to get the Yacht-Master on its way to me. Since we did not know when the Sub would be ready.
  10. November 14, 2021 : Shipping information for the Yacht-Master received via email. (The Yacht-Master is still currently sitting in the same tracking position as "Carrier has received the request to pick up the shipment" and has not changed since November 14, 2021)
  11. November 19, 2021 : QC photos received of Submariner via email! (Please see photos below)
  12. November 19, 2021 : QC photos approved!!!
  13. November 22, 2021 : Shipping information received from PureTime for the Sub via email!! (No status changed on the Sub yet in the order tracker. Still in the same status as the above mentioned Yacht-Master)
What I will say is both Elena and Jennifer have been absolutely amazing with everything throughout this process! And have truly made me feel like any question I had was not only worth their time but valuable.

So far I only have a few items that I'm unsure if it's normal or if I need to be more attentive to the details next time.
  1. The Yacht-Master in the photos of their website is truly Rose Gold & the one I received photos of is clearly Yellow Gold. (I wasn't sure if this is normal in the replica world of not which is why I approved the QC photos. The watch still looks beautiful in my eyes even though I wish it was actually Rose Gold.)
  2. The submariner on the website that I ordered had black and silver hands on it. And the one I received photos of clearly does not have the same hands. (Again I was not sure if that was normal or not in the replica world of not. The watch still looks beautiful so I passed it through QC.)
Please take a look at my journey, all of you veteran replica members, and let me know if I missed anything. And I would also like to know if receiving an item during QC that is not exactly what was ordered, the timelines posted above, and the status positions of my tracking seeming to be stuck in are normal.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post!!!

Warm regards,

-TJ-

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order and detailed review . It's amazing ! Thanks for your approval to our service

So far I only have a few items that I'm unsure if it's normal or if I need to be more attentive to the details next time.
  1. The Yacht-Master in the photos of their website is truly Rose Gold & the one I received photos of is clearly Yellow Gold. (I wasn't sure if this is normal in the replica world of not which is why I approved the QC photos. The watch still looks beautiful in my eyes even though I wish it was actually Rose Gold.)
  2. The submariner on the website that I ordered had black and silver hands on it. And the one I received photos of clearly does not have the same hands. (Again I was not sure if that was normal or not in the replica world of not. The watch still looks beautiful so I passed it through QC.)

The YM is in rose gold. The submariner hands are in silver which is correct :)

TJS90

Horology Curious
23/10/21
Thank you so much PureTime!

Your team absolutely deserves all of the credit. They truly have made this experience remarkable!

Maybe its my eyes when I'm looking at the photos of the YM. For some reason to me it appears to be more yellow gold than rose gold. I almost feel like this is the old "Is it a black and blue dress?" or a "is it a white and Gold dress?" meme lol! Either way I will be happy with the results of the watch when I receive it I'm sure.

Would it be possible for you to provide any insight into the status of the shipping? My question is more in relation to the information the tracking website stating as follows below.
(I am fully aware of logistical delays worldwide right now. It's actually the field I professionally work in :D)
  • "Info received"
    The carrier received a request from the shipper and is about to pick up the shipment.
The tracking information for both deliveries are the following below. (Pictures for reference of the tracking website)

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
Thank you for posting this detailed time schedule. It is a very useful reference in these days of closures and delays.

Your watches look wonderful. Enjoy!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Due to the overload of shipments in warehouse, some shipments will be delayed. Please wait patiently for a few more days. Thank you

mtang555

Looking Around
24/9/21
[/LIST] Due to the overload of shipments in warehouse, some shipments will be delayed. Please wait patiently for a few more days. Thank you

I'm in the same boat. It's been 2 weeks since I approved QC and the tracking still shows Parcel information received, with no further tracking detail. Every time I email them, I get the same response, please wait a few more days. Puretime's sales and QC experience was good, but shipping needs a lot of work.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry about this. There are many shipments are in the same situation now. Other dealers are also experiencing same kind of delays. Hope this will get improved soon

TJS90

Horology Curious
23/10/21
Greetings everyone!

Just wanted to give a quick update on the status of my order.

As you may remember from reading above, I made a purchase of two different time pieces in my first order. (Time piece descriptions listed below)
  • YACHT-MASTER 126655 RG TWF 1:1 BEST EDITION BLACK CERAMIC BEZEL ON BLACK RUBBER STRAP A2836
  • SUBMARINER 16610 LN BLACK 904L STEEL ARF1:1 BEST EDITION ON SS BRACELET SH3135
My Yacht-Master being from a different factory it arrived at Puretime through QC quicker than expected. And while we were waiting on the Submariner to arrive, we made the decision to go ahead and ship the Yacht-Master with a secondary "Track & Trace" shipment.

However, it appears this shipment seemed to of not been picked up till after the time in which the Submariner had arrived and passed through QC at Puretime. Meaning the YM was picked up for shipment while my Sub sat next to it not picked up.
(This is purely an assumption made by me as it's hard to tell from the tracking information. Most tracking information supplied from international shipments will have a natural delay as it transitions through its phases. Especially items that have to pass through China as their reporting standards, practices, and procedures are different than other countries. Add into the equation international shipping delays in this current climate and you have a whirlwind of issues for a linear path/timeline to track down. Hopefully Puretime can either validate or discredit my assumption above. Either of the two I am perfectly fine with as clarity in this process is all we are seeking together in this)

(Tracking #420380609374810914300001048112)
Currently the shipment of Order number one seems to be going as follows below! With a lot of promising movement as of lately!

(I still am not very clear which time piece this one currently is that is being shipped to me. Hopefully Puretime can help clear that up after reading this post)
j8Ofi3.jpg

(Tracking #420380609374810914300001411145)
However, the second shipment that I paid for seems to have no updates since the tracking information was provided.

(This is the "Track & Trace" shipment that was paid in regard to the 16610 LN Sub. Due to its arrival from the factory being delayed to Puretime. Hopefully the status of this will be cleared up in Puretimes response to the above assumption made)
j8OGGY.jpg

Thank you for all those who have continued to read this journey and enjoyed my detailed breakdowns of my experience. And I look forward to being able to supply many more over the years to come.

Warm Regards,

-TJ-

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Currently the shipment of Order number one seems to be going as follows below! With a lot of promising movement as of lately!

(I still am not very clear which time piece this one currently is that is being shipped to me. Hopefully Puretime can help clear that up after reading this post)
420380609374810914300001048112 : It belongs to 240135-2 . It should be the YM
420380609374810914300001411145 : There are many being delayed at this moment. It should be updated in a few days. Appreciate your patience

TJS90

Horology Curious
23/10/21
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to make a quick update on the process of my order from Puretime.

So far I am at a state of absolute confusion. And maybe you will be able to tell why from below. But it appears as if one Shipment has made it all the way to the United States, one shipment has not moved or been updated at all. And now my account has populated an entire new tracking number on Puretimes website.

I'm not sure what this new tracking number is for, nor does it have a explanation on the website. Hopefully Puretime can help clear this up for me.

Please take a look at my gathered information below and let me know what you think.
(I want to be clear that Elena, Jennifer, and the Puretime team have been remarkable even though I am confused)

The Information as I see it from the website

(Tracking #420380609374810914300001411145)
Still no movement on this tracking number. Date range 11-21-2021 to 12-8-2021 total of 18 days since it was stated it was "picked up and shipped" via Puretime. (Not sure if this is normal.)

(This is the "Track & Trace" shipment that was paid in regard to the 16610 LN Sub. Due to its arrival from the factory being delayed to Puretime. Hopefully the status of this will be cleared up in Puretimes response to the above assumption made)
j8OGGY.jpg

Currently the shipment of Order number one seems to be going better than the others!

And now the more concerning one of the three is the one that is listed below.

(Tracking #420380609374869903507870532557)
(I have no visibility of this one currently through the tracking software provided on the website. And primarily it's the title as its depicted on the website I do not understand)

Below I have went ahead and attached what I can currently see with this new tracking number via the website.

I want to thank Puretime throughout this process so far. They have been swift with email responses and try to provide as much information as possible. I look forward to Puretimes response and what their findings are!

Warm regards,
-Tj-

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We have emailed you back regarding this. Thank you