• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus 40th Anniversary Rep

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I have tried in the 40th anniversary 5711/1P in full platinum, the watch is EXTREMELY heavy. I would never buy a 40th anniversary platinum rep because there is no way to replicate the weight and it’s a major tell. Same reason I will never buy a 5711/1R rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
3KF will have it soon, maybe you can try to contact any TD about it

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
I only wear my reps at home anyway, not worried about trying to pull it off in public ;)

Nice to hear it's from 3KF factory, I might just wait until a TD gets it and then scoop one up :D

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I would stay away from the rep version of this because they will never get the jeweled markers right and also I haven’t seen a 5711 rep yet with classic date font.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Ive ordered it, based on 3k V2 quality so I think its going to be good. I couldn’t care less about the weight because you never take a expensive watch off your wrist to hand to someone. This watch is around 500,000 Euro on the market!

Well I will buy 2 datewheels when the boys get them finished then ask the modder to do a full polish of this and my green 5711 and then its pretty much all sorted, so I saved around 499,000 Euro buy buying this and the green 5711. haha

I remember people all the time saying this and that watch looks no good only for it to arrive and it looks great, so buy what you want. I brought mine from Trusty!

As they say, your lifestyle will call you out before the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10
I have tried in the 40th anniversary 5711/1P in full platinum, the watch is EXTREMELY heavy. I would never buy a 40th anniversary platinum rep because there is no way to replicate the weight and it’s a major tell. Same reason I will never buy a 5711/1R rep.

Absolutely correct,

Weight is an instant and big tell.

Anyway, i just saw on Chrono24 how much the gen is......

Half million EURO!!!!!

You know it's a Patek AND it's platinum AND it's the 40th anniversary.....

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Absolutely correct,

Weight is an instant and big tell.

Anyway, i just saw on Chrono24 how much the gen is......

Half million EURO!!!!!

You know it's a Patek AND it's platinum AND it's the 40th anniversary.....

Really? Can you explain how weight is the biggest tell when pretty much 99.999% of the population would never see or try the gen version of this one. Your comments and the person you quoted are just ridiculous. I have tried on the gen (albeit only once in an exhibition). The weight difference is there but not enough to make exaggerated comments. Chill out and enjoy the rep for what it is worth…

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Really? Can you explain how weight is the biggest tell when pretty much 99.999% of the population would never see or try the gen version of this one. Your comments and the person you quoted are just ridiculous. I have tried on the gen (albeit only once in an exhibition). The weight difference is there but not enough to make exaggerated comments. Chill out and enjoy the rep for what it is worth…

The gen is nearly double in weight. A solid platinum watch is extremely heavy. I owned a Platona gen and it was like wearing a brick. When someone holds this and it weighs the same as their tin Seiko, it is an immediate tell. You don’t have to have tried the gen on to know this doesn’t weigh even half as much as the solid platinum gen.

Seven7r

24/5/15
I don't understand why the weight is a factor for reps. You, the wearer, would know of the weight of the watch, but the observers of the watch on your wrist wouldn't know. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I don't usually take off my watches for people who notice what's on my wrist. When I do take the watch off, it's because the person asking is someone I'm close with and already know that I also buy reps.

Visually, I think this new 5711P rep looks great! We need more pictures of the datewheel to determine if it has the gen's different font.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
4caaecacccf43e6d9af7640575fe5c9a.jpg

a698bc72695d6592e6b06839295e13dc.jpg

8f135d3fa3298d8132781cc4f18177b9.jpg

20742eeedb6883d65b5e240dc89ef0f3.jpg

Hi Guys,
My QC has been approved so sharing the pics with you. The date window is silver by the way. I think it looks great!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Is the crown fully wound in? I like the new crown guards but it looks like the crown is poking out a bit.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Is the crown fully wound in? I like the new crown guards but it looks like the crown is poking out a bit.

It doesn’t look like it, so I am sure it will be fine. On another note, I know that the filter that Trusty uses is not a normal color, so all will be fine. I plan to send this to Legend when the DW is done for installation and polish, so IF the crown is not right, he has the skill to fix it.

fugaziwrist

Horology Curious
10/6/21

Woah! That watch wearing sounds boss especially in Plat. Preaching the choir regarding your last sentence. The new 5712 is nice though.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
As they say, your lifestyle will call you out before the watch.

This is REAL. when I dress nice, I get so nervous about wearing a watch people would mistake for real and then beat me and take it.. then I wear a timex. when I dress like a bum and not comb the hair, and got dirt all over myself, then I can wear a good watch. anyway back to topic, the "blue" looks very bright does it not? it looks darker in this here youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVw46Dzy2HA