No announcement yet.

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that have already ordered, what timelines are TDs mentioning for QC pics? I want to order the Grey (or maybe Blue) but waiting on some pics/video first just to make sure how the watches look. PT and TT have quite a difference in the quality of the pics posted on their websites.

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post
      For those that have already ordered, what timelines are TDs mentioning for QC pics? I want to order the Grey (or maybe Blue) but waiting on some pics/video first just to make sure how the watches look. PT and TT have quite a difference in the quality of the pics posted on their websites.
      Yes please post the QC pics asap who ever gets them first. Yes agreed..the TT pics look kind of photoshopped.

Comment

if they were talking 2 weeks for release...i'm guessing its still a bit beyond that ya know. 2-3 weeks.

i don't think its different quality. i think its all the same. just the way its photographed and even photoshopped. you can see on TT that the datewheel is sunken. not as bad as its been in the past but its still there. its not flush up against the top. i don't see any deal breakers and I'm considering the grey dial as my option. blue is a tough one to get right. if we are going to nitpick dial color. otherwise it looks solid. i think video will be the big tell. QC is tough as we all know. PT and TT take different style QC. so dial color will look different. i think with direct bright light it will be hard to see sunken datewheel. video is where difference will be made. not that PT and TT have different quality but the real tells will show as you know.

Comment

I ordered from Puretime with the old lower price and requested PayPal info to pay and they have not provided it yet, but did on another watch. I hope Puretime doesn’t come and expect me to cough up an extra hundred bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Accord11 View Post
            I ordered from Puretime with the old lower price and requested PayPal info to pay and they have not provided it yet, but did on another watch. I hope Puretime doesn’t come and expect me to cough up an extra hundred bucks.
            I'm almost 100% certain you will be asked to pay the extra $100. As the price and even watch images are placeholders/. I can't see them losing $100 for nothing...
            Last edited by Sonofalich; 09-06-21, 00:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

I'm almost 100% certain you will be asked to pay the extra $100. As the price and even watch images are placeholders/. I can't see them losing $100 for nothing...
              Yep, second that. Essentially this is BS practice from PT (Can’t believe a TD can do that, where is the “Trust”?). They did exactly the same when releasing ARF GMT Batman. PT published prototype watch with lower price, created enough demand, then jacked up price close to release (I think it was around $30 or so increase) and asked everyone to pay up.

Comment

I think they probably got a relatively high amount of orders, more than they expected, and thought they could raise the price due to demand.

Comment

Most of the time, when TD raise prices, it’s more likely the factory raising the price themselves. TD’s can consistently raise prices on many models kf that’s the case for demand gauging, however, doesnt happen with other popular models (once released).

Comment

Yep, second that. Essentially this is BS practice from PT (Can’t believe a TD can do that, where is the “Trust”?). They did exactly the same when releasing ARF GMT Batman. PT published prototype watch with lower price, created enough demand, then jacked up price close to release (I think it was around $30 or so increase) and asked everyone to pay up.
                    It's absolutely disgusting.

More so if you remember what happened with the ZF sub: everyone bought the VSF sub, so they had to lower the price of the ZF since no one was buying it (they were charging 100 more dollars than the VSF).
                    This shows that they were still getting a more than acceptable profit by selling it for 100$ less, they tried to hype it soooo much but then they failed, and they couldn't milk us for that much money lol.

"What's the biggest tell in a rep?"
                    "You!"

Comment

Originally posted by mari115 View Post

It's absolutely disgusting.

More so if you remember what happened with the ZF sub: everyone bought the VSF sub, so they had to lower the price of the ZF since no one was buying it (they were charging 100 more dollars than the VSF).
                      This shows that they were still getting a more than acceptable profit by selling it for 100$ less, they tried to hype it soooo much but then they failed, and they couldn't milk us for that much money lol.
                      Again, it’s more likely the factory. ..

They are the ones who have all the unsold stock that they need to get rid of. TD’s just back order as soon the order comes in from the client. They don’t have many unsold stock so they couldn’t care less when the ZF demand falls , but VSF demand gains. In fact, they even make more profit by that point then hard selling the ZF. Even if the TD has some stock left, it’s found at the discount pages and generally last only a short while.

Comment

Originally posted by fpi87 View Post

Again, it’s more likely the factory. ..

They are the ones who have all the unsold stock that they need to get rid of. TD’s just back order as soon the order comes in from the client. They don’t have many unsold stock so they couldn’t care less when the ZF demand falls , but VSF demand gains. In fact, they even make more profit by that point then hard selling the ZF. Even if the TD has some stock left, it’s found at the discount pages and generally last only a short while.

No, in this case it is not the factory. My TD (Trusty) published both these watches at the right price after waiting for factory to release watch. Also PT did a comparison of "who has the best Hulk/Sub" (why would I ever believe a TD), gave the best marks to ZF and then days later introduced a sale on ZF sub. Such practices are shady!!

Comment

Most of the time, when TD raise prices, it’s more likely the factory raising the price themselves. TD’s can consistently raise prices on many models kf that’s the case for demand gauging, however, doesnt happen with other popular models (once released).

Even if this is due to the factory I still think it's due to higher orders than they thought. How many times can puretime make this mistake? Always happens in hot watches but not sleepers. Happened with arf batman, vrf pepsi, and this that come to mind. Whether it's the TDS or the factory, I think higher orders than their initial projection makes them raise prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckber View Post

Even if this is due to the factory I still think it's due to higher orders than they thought. How many times can puretime make this mistake? Always happens in hot watches but not sleepers. Happened with arf batman, vrf pepsi, and this that come to mind. Whether it's the TDS or the factory, I think higher orders than their initial projection makes them raise prices.
                            Basic demand & supply my friend. Also, RWI isn’t the deciding factor when it comes to the demand side.

By the way, it’s just funny how we accuse how ‘shady’ all these price increases are but obviously most of us have no idea how to account manufacturing cost. These change in costs happens quite often actually.

From a customer perspective, might put you off, from a business perspective, this is actually quite common.

As long everybody gets to pay the premium price, I see no problem. The real problem arises when some people get to pay lower price and some more expensive before both got delivery.

Comment

Basic demand & supply my friend. Also, RWI isn’t the deciding factor when it comes to the demand side.

By the way, it’s just funny how we accuse how ‘shady’ all these price increases are but obviously most of us have no idea how to account manufacturing cost. These change in costs happens quite often actually.

From a customer perspective, might put you off, from a business perspective, this is actually quite common.

As long everybody gets to pay the premium price, I see no problem. The real problem arises when some people get to pay lower price and some more expensive before both got delivery.

I know it's supply and demand... that's literally what I said. Also I never said RWI is the deciding factor. I said the deciding factor was how many orders they got.

Comment

I should state that I generally agree with you considering supply &demand, I mean look at the Noob Daytonas. My only disagreement is charging those who agreed to your previous price and upselling them just because the demand is higher than once thought. That's what's shady. Honor the agreement and raise the price for future buyers if you feel it's justified.
                                Last edited by Duckber; 09-06-21, 21:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X