• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava 5153g-010

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Just saw this posted on InTime. They mention the thickness is 11mm whereas the gen is around 10mm I believe. The gen also comes in white gold. It’s tough to tell how accurate the textured portion of the dial is based on pictures but I was curious others opinion on that and the overall rep itself.

To me it looks good, and I’ll likely order but I’m sure the strap will need to be replaced too.

https://www.intime05.co/patek-phili...tured-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a324cs.html

Seven7r

24/5/15
Looks great, but the 'PATEK PHILIPPE' text seems to be a little lower compared to gen. However, this may not be an issue for everyone. I'm eyeing this as it has the deployant clasps that look better that the ones you can find aftermarket. The round part is thicker and more gen like.

Getsuga

Getting To Know The Place
6/9/20
Looks great, but the 'PATEK PHILIPPE' text seems to be a little lower compared to gen. However, this may not be an issue for everyone. I'm eyeing this as it has the deployant clasps that look better that the ones you can find aftermarket. The round part is thicker and more gen like.

I agree. Looks great

Reactions: LebronXiJames

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
The bottom-aligned “Patek Philippe Geneve” is a major tell on the dial and makes this a deal breaker for me. Take a look at some gen photos and there is no comparison, it’s an obvious tell

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Agreed, didn’t see that “text” issue at first but I can definitely see what you guys are referencing. The “patek philippe” text is not flush to the top and there’s a gap as it’s not centered properly. Hopefully they can fix that in V2 because otherwise the white dial looks pretty solid.

I am quite excited about the deployment buckle myself as well. I’m curious what size the strap is as I’d like to get a CF one with that deployment clasp

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The bottom-aligned “Patek Philippe Geneve” is a major tell on the dial and makes this a deal breaker for me. Take a look at some gen photos and there is no comparison, it’s an obvious tell

It's only a 'tell' if your trying to pass it off as a gen, if you consider it for what it is - a replica - then it's just a flaw, isn't it ?

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
It's only a 'tell' if your trying to pass it off as a gen, if you consider it for what it is - a replica - then it's just a flaw, isn't it ?

It’s a bit gauche to purchase something that is so obviously not gen but has a gen brand name on it. There are well executed reps that fit into the nwbig or near-nwbig category with only apparent flaws on the back, and those are the only ones I would ever consider. Then there are atrocities like this 5153 that looks like you bought it off a street corner in NYC from a guy selling fake LV on top of a blanket on the sidewalk.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
It’s a bit gauche to purchase something that is so obviously not gen but has a gen brand name on it. There are well executed reps that fit into the nwbig or near-nwbig category with only apparent flaws on the back, and those are the only ones I would ever consider. Then there are atrocities like this 5153 that looks like you bought it off a street corner in NYC from a guy selling fake LV on top of a blanket on the sidewalk.

Agreed, don't know why they even bother to sell these. It's also amazing that they work to get everything accurate, but then have a dial with a misaligned pad printer

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Well, i reckon tripdog has a point here, especially stuff like vintage where it will never be a super rep or NWBIG i still love them. Some flaws for me are acceptable not just because it's a rep but also because I just love the watch!

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I love a good flaw like the next guy. Keeps me motivated to keep buying V3, V4, V8...etc. (sarcasm)

I think the shame is ZF is better than this. And it could have been a good release, but it was sloppy.

At this price point, I think its realistic to expect if they order some dials that are misprinted, they send them back. In a world where we lament ARF datewheel print being fat, or SELs not having recess, this misprint (and yeah, that is what it is) is terrible.

Im done :(

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I love a good flaw like the next guy. Keeps me motivated to keep buying V3, V4, V8...etc. (sarcasm)

I think the shame is ZF is better than this. And it could have been a good release, but it was sloppy.

At this price point, I think its realistic to expect if they order some dials that are misprinted, they send them back. In a world where we lament ARF datewheel print being fat, or SELs not having recess, this misprint (and yeah, that is what it is) is terrible.

Im done :(

This is the second PP release in a row ZF have not done their usual fine job with. Their 6007 was also about as accurate as a DH Gate shitter.

Seven7r

24/5/15
This is the second PP release in a row ZF have not done their usual fine job with. Their 6007 was also about as accurate as a DH Gate shitter.

I wouldn't really regard this as a DH Gate shitter. Yeah there are a bunch of flaws such as the text, thickness, and other factors that those more familiar with the 5153 Pateks might see. But it is in my opinion that this is quite a good rep, the case finishing, dial hardware, deployant buckle, etc. I also think the lower script isn't an obvious tell when it is on your wrist whilst you are moving about and the observer being at least 2-3 feet away from you. It might be visible once someone actually inspects it on hand, but at that point won't you already tell them it was a rep; and why would you hand someone your watch?

Just my $0.02 ;)

julius-seizure

17/6/19
Canada
I agree with the post above me. I wear my nautilus and I find majority of people have no clue what you are wearing or if it even is a rep

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I agree with the post above me. I wear my nautilus and I find majority of people have no clue what you are wearing or if it even is a rep

Agreed with both of the above posts. I never wear a replica to pass it off as a gen. But I just wish the dial was a little more crisp and not as sloppy with the text. If it was more centered I think I’d probably make the plunge. As it looks pretty solid otherwise. The crown guard looks ever so slightly different but it’s not really that noticeable.

It’s a pretty rare Calatrava model and it’s not like someone will have a thickness measuring device on them to notice it’s a little thicker... hopefully they can clean up he dial text and I think it’d be a decent rep for the price point.

julius-seizure

17/6/19
Canada
I think with this model I would only argue the dial being more crisp. I think the crown to the untrained eye will never be noticed. Unless all your friends are into watches I only have one friend who collected watches the rest of them see my rep and are shocked when I say it not real. Personally for me the biggest tell tale kc something is a rep is usually if it’s gold plated I feel you can usually tell the difference between real gold and fake

Seven7r

24/5/15
So ZF released a black dial version of this with an updated Patek Philippe script which has a bigger font and sits higher. I just ordered and will post a review or at the very least pictures.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
So ZF released a black dial version of this with an updated Patek Philippe script which has a bigger font and sits higher. I just ordered and will post a review or at the very least pictures.
Good obsevation. The black dial text does look much better. Please post pics when you receive it

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠

Thanks for mentioning this. Agreed does look much better. Please share pics when it arrives :)

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20

It is still far off and the dial texture is terribly executed. Some tells are okay, but this goes way above my threshold. For accurate NWBIG rep calatravas, the ZF 5296 and 5227 are near perfect and it’s best to stick with these. The 5153 is a huge disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk