• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 Pic Comparison PPF, PF, 3KF, GEN

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Hi folks!

I just want to share some researches I did to choose the best 5711 for me. It's not a new discussion, but I think it's a different point of view, and hope this could be useful for anyone who needs help or wants to see all of the best factories compared to a gen.

I'm personally going to pull the trigger on the V4, but I think in the next few months can think about assemble a good PF/PPF hybrid with CG mod to finally achieve the best rep I've ever had.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: as many members said, for this rep there's no a 1:1 OOTB, you choose what flaw can be acceptable for YOUR eyes. I'm not going to do any specific comment on the well known differences between pf, ppf(v3/v4) , 3kf, gen.

This post is only done to converge all in some pictures I invite you to analyze. Make your own decision.

Here's the dial side!
89f6a316f8ae02b37b2a46a4ba101d2b.jpg

Sorry for the V4 pic added at last moment thanks to nobigdeal2010 .

In the next pics you won't see the PPF V4 because the upgrade takes only the dial and the ceramic sphere in the bracelet.

Here's a CG/DW zoom
3254a3966d703e7e5a1d628ddb9ac587.jpg

Crown side, sorry for the gen pic, it's so difficult to find a pic from the same angle.
9f9209b98d568559fc213a23006c8b10.jpg

And now.... the back!
b6671825972819b252a2676a098c9776.jpg

Thank guys for reading this post, hope you enjoy it and hope this helps.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Thanks for all the effort.

Now I can see the fat bezels people are talking about, but also seeing that the bevel on the gen is much more aggressive. So, if we refinish the bezel bevel o make it more aggressive on the PPF it may solve the fat bezel issue

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I have both the PPF and PF case - their case + endlink dimensions and proportions, besides the bezels, are also totally different

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Thanks for all the effort.

Now I can see the fat bezels people are talking about, but also seeing that the bevel on the gen is much more aggressive. So, if we refinish the bezel bevel o make it more aggressive on the PPF it may solve the fat bezel issue

I agree. I think it's not easy to refine the bevel in a simmetric way, needs a lot of practise and experience, but fortunally not impossible.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

jvevermind

6/3/17
Wow thank you for the effort. It seems that both ppf and 3k has the same wide bezel problem

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Reactions: Gmt16710R

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
OP - THANKS for taking the time to do this pictorial comparison, very helpful!!

The 324 clone is still unproven. Based on the pics - Just like you, I still think PF+PPF Hybrid is the way to go - PF Case/Bracelet/Movement + PPF Dial/hands. I have one being built right now, will share pics when project is completed.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China

The 324 clone is still unproven. Based on the pics - Just like you, I still think PF+PPF Hybrid is the way to go - PF Case/Bracelet/Movement + PPF Dial/hands. I have one being built right now, will share pics when project is completed.

How bout PF Case/Bracelet + clone movement + gen Dial/hands/dwo/crystal

srhoque

28/11/18
How bout PF Case/Bracelet + clone movement + gen Dial/hands/dwo/crystal

Atleast for me, There are still a lot of open questions on that combo. I have no idea if PF case has the clearances to accommodate the clone movement and still keep the stem/crown aligned. Maybe it needs some modding. I had asked this question to Legend, he is yet to do such a build. Also, not sure if PF case takes gen crystal (again maybe modding required). If crystal and clone movement goes in proper, your combo would be dream build ;) Maybe you can try and let us all know :D

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Atleast for me, There are still a lot of open questions on that combo. I have no idea if PF case has the clearances to accommodate the clone movement and still keep the stem/crown aligned. Maybe it needs some modding. I had asked this question to Legend, he is yet to do such a build. Also, not sure if PF case takes gen crystal (again maybe modding required). If crystal and clone movement goes in proper, your combo would be dream build ;) Maybe you can try and let us all know :D

I think there are currently people sending/sent Slaughter parts for this build, and Slaughter promised to update us. Fingers crossed......

Edit: also the 3K isn't unacceptable, though having very visible flaws. I am sure it is beautifully finished as what I have seen on their Aquanauts. So, after 3K fixes their bracelet link issue I might consider building a Franken out of it if PF cannot take on the clone movement, not to mention the 3K is gen thickness too.

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
I think there are currently people sending/sent Slaughter parts for this build, and Slaughter promised to update us. Fingers crossed......

Edit: also the 3K isn't unacceptable, though having very visible flaws. I am sure it is beautifully finished as what I have seen on their Aquanauts. So, after 3K fixes their bracelet link issue I might consider building a Franken out of it if PF cannot take on the clone movement, not to mention the 3K is gen thickness too.

Agreed, if 3K fixes the bracelet first link issue and bezel (still a bit thicker), it could be a good base. Not sure how their bracelet quality is but my PF from the white dial build is very good.

BTW, the PF case can be thinned close to gen dimensions.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Agreed, if 3K fixes the bracelet first link issue and bezel (still a bit thicker), it could be a good base. Not sure how their bracelet quality is but my PF from the white dial build is very good.

BTW, the PF case can be thinned close to gen dimensions.

I have been unable to find a reliable person for thinning case in the USA, if considering not to send the watch abroad for mods.

srhoque

28/11/18
I have been unable to find a reliable person for thinning case in the USA, if considering not to send the watch abroad for mods.

Not sure if anyone in conus does that kind of work. Legend is my exclusive go to person for Patek and AP work.

tickleshoes (Conus based) has done all my AP diver low beat conversions. Maybe you can ask him.

Needless to say, both come highly recommended from me.

n0wj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
Thanks for the pic comparisons; will be useful for me as well. Also thanks to the other who have chimed in. Sometimes, a newbie (like myself) just don't know what to look out for, even when it is right in front of you!

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE

Thanks mate! I agree on the 324, anyway, the first link bracelet is an issue I don't want to live with, IDK why, but reminds me my old U1 Factory 5711.

A bracelet swap isn't possible, because IMO (taking for example the PF bracelet) the firs link would leave a big empty space between the pin hole zone and the case. However, I'm not a modder so this can be a wrong thought.