• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

genown442

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/8/20

Damn looks very good , ppf go crazy on this one
Don't forget that these watches are not worth a third of a gen and therefore you will never have the same quality even if you get very close to them!

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
As soon as they fix the crown size I will get one for sure :) But who knows whether that will be v5, v6 or v10.

There are a few modders on the forum who have been able to fix the protruding crown issue. There’s no telling when these factories will fix certain issues so if you are wanting to pull the trigger sooner or later you could have one of them fix it.!

Cosmograph4Ever Being one of more top shelf modders for this type of work.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Thanks, I already read about that and the work logs amazing, but I'm not in a hurry, so I will probably just wait. I have more than enough watches already and considering how long I would have to be on the waiting list and also how long I would have to work for the Gen, I can easily wait a few more months or even years :)
And I know the 3KF has a properly sized crown, but it also has it's own flaws.

ODINDMT

29/8/15
Thanks, I already read about that and the work logs amazing, but I'm not in a hurry, so I will probably just wait. I have more than enough watches already and considering how long I would have to be on the waiting list and also how long I would have to work for the Gen, I can easily wait a few more months or even years :)

Exactly. That 3k DW bugs the F out of me.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
would u kindly elaborate?

the photos ive seen from current owners it looks really good

PPF dial is rust colored. Gen dial has a completely different color, more tobacco.
3KF made the best dial for the rose gold version. It perfectly reproduced LED dial gen of the leather version. Gray/brown dial

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
Thanks to all who have contributed to this, particularly Kitaro for the pics. I just purchased the V4 with blue dial yesterday and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

I've always admired Patek but more for their dressier watches (Calatrava and Complications). It's funny how we evolve, a month ago I couldn't ses the appeal of ths Nautilus or the Royal Oak and over the past few days I have been frantically researching and comparing these models.

Kitaro

5/12/19
You won’t regret it:)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks to all who have contributed to this, particularly Kitaro for the pics. I just purchased the V4 with blue dial yesterday and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

I've always admired Patek but more for their dressier watches (Calatrava and Complications). It's funny how we evolve, a month ago I couldn't ses the appeal of ths Nautilus or the Royal Oak and over the past few days I have been frantically researching and comparing these models.

+1

I've always been one of the fans of Genta's AP RO design but recently I've been hit by the hype of PP Nautilus, too.
:cheers:

Last edited:

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19

I’m in a similar boat! Choosing between the flaws of a OOTB 5711 I’d probably gone with PPF v4 white, but I know I won’t be happy with the CG. Hope PPF sell out their current lot of case/CG soon and rework them.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpx

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
I wish I had the skills and confidence to be able to slightly separate the 12 o'clock indices. Since the minute gap was pointed out in a Jenni Elle gen vs rep comparison it's one of the first things I look at. I know the bezel width and protruding crown are also tells but that's more difficult without a side by side comparison. The marker separation you can just look at and it's either there or not.

Still, it's a beautiful rep and I know I'm just nit-picking, but that's what we do here.