• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
This ladies and gentlemen is from the one and only Keylog.

debate, over.

Thank you for your kind words but this is just a personal opinion of mine not a statement.

Plenty of more talented and knowledgeable guys can chime in and say an opinion, mine is mostly based on opinion of gen watch collectors and sellers to which I’ve shown the PPF dial and my personal observations.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I have PF with PPF V4 dial + hands and Keylog DW. For me is the best 5711 rep build. But the blue color does not convince me...
My 5712 is on its way ... from the photos I saw the blue looks much better than the PPF V4! I will post a photo side by side

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
It might be accurate to that particular year but FOR ME it is not the best 5711 blue dial ..it’s underwhelming and that’s why i sold it despite modding it extensively

it’s just not blue enough imho

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
has PPF ever improved or otherwise updated the silver hour indices on the blue dial since V1?

could someone chip in on this?

my biggest gripe with the blue-dialed PPF v1 was that the markers weren't sufficiently rounded to have light "gleaming" off the edges at a wide range of angles
quite often when i looked at the watch, the silver markers wouldn't be reflecting any sort of light and would "black out" and blend in with the dial

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
It might be accurate to that particular year but FOR ME it is not the best 5711 blue dial ..it’s underwhelming and that’s why i sold it despite modding it extensively

it’s just not blue enough imho

I very like the blue of my PPFv4 but what I miss in that blue is a pinch of green.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
could someone chip in on this?

my biggest gripe with the blue-dialed PPF v1 was that the markers weren't sufficiently rounded to have light "gleaming" off the edges at a wide range of angles
quite often when i looked at the watch, the silver markers wouldn't be reflecting any sort of light and would "black out" and blend in with the dial

My PPFv4 dial markers may look similar to yours. The gen marker edges almost always look silvery on video unlike my rep. However, I've never seen a gen in person.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
My PPFv4 dial markers may look similar to yours. The gen marker edges almost always look silvery on video unlike my rep. However, I've never seen a gen in person.

i see, thanks
guess i will stick with white dial for the timebeing

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
i see, thanks
guess i will stick with white dial for the timebeing

"Blacking out" of the markers may be prominent under direct sunlight. Try to find such a video of gen to assess the difference.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Hi everyone, now i was lucky to get my hands on a hybrid build (pf case, ppf V4 dial and hands and a keylog DW) It is absolutely stunning but i am having several issues with it that i want to be fixed. First is the quite harsh difference in lume color when comparing the hands with the dial. is that normal on the ppf v4? The hands are bright white and the dial is creamy. I already inquired for a new set of hands at TDs since the seconds hand is also slightly bend but wanted to have your guys opinion. Could a new set of hands fix that issue or make it better. Or do i need a lume job. I just want them to be roughly the same. Another issue is that the dial and DW is not centered in the case and displaced to the right. Is that something any watch smith/modder can fix? can the DW be adjusted accordingly? thanks for your help and as always much valued opinion.
0e1f0b175586c52d9aeb9b7ce8896a53.jpg

fdbb9138426401195e4fb7d4baa6fe75.jpg

2883392eff6c664a2c7e935ac7734356.jpg

Reactions: BalugaWhale

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I went trough all the pictures of this tread again and i think the hands are V3? Dial is V4? So maybe getting V4 Hands might solve the Problem?

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Hey guys, do I see right, that a PF + PPFv4 dial will be most accurate to gen? Is the PF a hacking movement? (dealer site had that empty) Can anyone tell me if PF or PPF have the better feeling bracelet (not dimension accuracy, but weight)

Thanks so much!

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I have PF with PPF blue dial+hands and Keylog DW.
I want sell it.....I will post early here on sale area :)