• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The blue on the PPF 5711 v4 is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

none of the Nautilus 5711 rep blue dials have the right mix of blue gray green. Only the new 5712 comes close to Patek blue. I agree with you that there are different shades in the gen but they all have that mix of colors. I bought all 5711 reps that have been produced in the last 6 years. And I guarantee you that no dial rep has the right colors. Of course we are talking about the blue version, with the white PPF it did an excellent job.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
none of the Nautilus 5711 rep blue dials have the right mix of blue gray green. Only the new 5712 comes close to Patek blue. I agree with you that there are different shades in the gen but they all have that mix of colors. I bought all 5711 reps that have been produced in the last 6 years. And I guarantee you that no dial rep has the right colors. Of course we are talking about the blue version, with the white PPF it did an excellent job.

It doesn’t matter how many rep 5711’s you have bought. How many gen Nautiluses have you owned?

the blue on the PPF V4 is near perfect. To say otherwise demonstrates a lack of knowledge/experience with the gen 5711 and you also lack an understanding of dial variations throughout the lifecycle of the different generations of the gen 5711.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
It doesn’t matter how many rep 5711’s you have bought. How many gen Nautiluses have you owned?

the blue on the PPF V4 is near perfect. To say otherwise demonstrates a lack of knowledge/experience with the gen 5711 and you also lack an understanding of dial variations throughout the lifecycle of the different generations of the gen 5711.

why so accusatory? I think that his opinion holds a lot of value considering that he bought nearly all the impt variations of the rep 5711. I've seen quite a few gen 5711s and 5712s and i think only in certain lighting conditions it is similar, most of the time the gradient on the gen makes a big difference and the lack of a dark teal/ green tinge but what do i know.

Reactions: gilrob

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

I have 3 friends with gen 5711 blue (3 different blue). I have 5711 gen white.
All version blue gen have green in the blue. PPF don't have bro!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

That's why I've been so impressed and excited by learning of the green tint of the the dial of the new 5712 rep. I wonder if I can really see it on my 5712 if I ever receive it at all. :unsure:

Morofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/20
Italy

Yes PPF have the green . The V4 have it.
And I have a gen too

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20

Mark,
Which one is the PPF?

295e290d530db86cee02e8bfbb543b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: grillbrill

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Yes PPF have the green . The V4 have it.
And I have a gen too

Then you are a lucky man/woman because I can't see the green tint of my PPFv4 dial in any lighting conditions. There can be some different dial batches or I didn't receive the v4 dial as a parts order from my TD.

Last edited:

Morofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/20
Italy
They’re all gen.

moral of the story is the gens have completely different dial colors across generations and the PPF V4 dial is indiscernible with gen.

right ! Bravo !

My Gen of 2012 is changed also year after year and now look like the new green under some led light !!! Incredible but true!

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
They’re all gen.

moral of the story is the gens have completely different dial colors across generations and the PPF V4 dial is indiscernible with gen.

At first glance the bezel of the 5711 on the right side looked to me wider than that of the 5711 on the left side that's why I thought the right watch was a modded PPF. At second glance and thought this imagined difference is an optical illusion and the bezel and the bevel of the Nautilus on the right side look too genlike to be a modded PPF. Thanks for your example, I've learned a lot from it. Nevertheless, it is a good thing, albet it's still hard for me to believe, that the dial color of PPFv4 is indistinguishable from that of at least one generation of gen.

Last edited:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
At first glance the bezel of the 5711 on the right side looked to me wider than that of the 5711 on the left side that's why I thought the right watch was a modded PPF. At second glance and thought this imagined difference is an optical illusion and the bezel and the bevel of the Nautilus on the right side look too genlike to be a modded PPF. Thanks for your example, I've learned a lot from it. Nevertheless, it is a good thing, albet it's still hard for me to believe, that the dial color of PPFv4 is indistinguishable from that of at least one generation of gen.
Thank you.

it is nearly indistinguishable, which is why world class modders will use a PPF V4 dial for modded 5711s in a PF case.

Keylog74

14/6/13
It might be hard to believe, but the v4 dial from PPF is that good. In terms of colors and printing is probably the best dial out there on rep patek.

Having seen the green 5712 next to the gen, i can say that the dial is inferior to PPF quality. (even though is praised by many like the best)

However, PPF have case proportion issues and need extensive work to fix, but surely can be done.

PF used to be better, but a modified PPF would be the best alternative.

Once my had set and date wheel comes, will show you my own PPF v4, so you guys can see and check the mods done. Probably would be a first.

Last edited:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
It might be hard to believe, but the v4 dial from PPF is that good. In terms of colors and printing is probably the best dial out there on rep patek.

Having seen the green 5712 next to the gen, i can say that the dial is inferior to PPF quality. (even though is praised by many like the best)

However, PPF have case proportion issues and need extensive work to fix, but surely can be done.

PF used to be better, but a modified PPF would be the best alternative.

Once my had set and date wheel comes, will show you my own PPF v4, so you guys can see and check the mods done. Probably would be a first.

This ladies and gentlemen is from the one and only Keylog.

debate, over.