• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Nautilus Review

KilltheDeath

Known Member
4/10/20
Yes, as AC1013 says, the stock 3kf does have a little bit longer first link than gen has, but it is the not "big fat first link" people referred to. The "big fat first link" is referred to the first link coming with a leather strap or plastic strap.
Yours is a stock 3kf indeed.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Hi guys anyone else experience this with their datewheel frame and do you think its a easy fix for a watchsmith

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
are these both V2 version? The dial is different, but I ask you for an opinion on the case and the bezel. thank you

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
They look so. The 6 o'clock marker of the bottom watch looks tilted or is it the angle?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Looks like they still using ultra white hands on the white dial version.

Blue dial version now looks decent

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
could someone tell me if it is normal this reflection on the edge of the glass so pronounced on the 3KF, is it also present on the gen?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Yes. It’s gen spec. Maybe just Leave it at that

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Kmmas

7/4/15
I received my 3 K Nautilus from Trusty today

The watch has the white dial. I chose white because the blue dial can almost never be right.
PP themselves have made many variations on colour and finish. The white dial is easier to replicate and 3K have done a great job on what appears to be a pre 2018 dial ( There are many greater PP experts here please correct me if I am wrong about the dials chronology)

Dial hands and print, including date wheel are excellent to the eye and even good through a loupe Date wheel seems nicely centered.The markers look well finished, corners could be better rounded, but this is only visible with a loupe. The white has a nice slightly ivory hue which lends an air of very high quality and at the same time exudes genuineness.

The case is very well finished and the brushing and polish is very gen like . Weight seems right and everything functions smoothly and feels very solid . The crystal is clear and well set and the crown sits perfectly

From the back the 324 clone movement looks superbly finished The script is laser printed rather than engraved (This has been addressed extensively in threads relating to the Aquanaut from 3K) Rotor doesn't seem noisy to me

The band feels very smooth and has the right degree of articulation. It has no sharp edges and feels very well made.
The clasp works well and is firm when closed.
The polished part closest to the watch is a few microns too big to my eye, but it isn't that obvious on the wrist.

Overall the watch is very gen like and an amazingly good replication of the original (Which I have owned in the past)

We live at an incredible time. A time where for less than $600 we can buy a rep of a watch costing 30 times as much. A watch with an almost perfectly cloned movement. Ironically a movement which due to its exactness even suffers the inherent faults of the Gen. That is to say that the second hand , due to it's remote operation can stutter slightly in certain positions.

This watch is a game changer. IMHO anyone who buys a gen in place of this is completely crazy.

The gen will give you nothing that this watch doesn't offer

It is 100% NWBIG

Nothing will ever be the same since 3k made this movement and Noob made the 4130 Not to mention some great Panerai clones from VSF.

This is the golden age of Rep watches. Enjoy and indulge

Some photos

did you do any mods or is this straight out of the box? What about the fat first link problem on the 3kf? Also if you do suggest any mods, what would they be?