• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

nautilus 5711 3kf / PF / franken project info

Riverwind85

26/4/18
I just pulled the trigger on two gen dials (white with a little imperfection and a near perfect blue) and two 3kf 5711 especially for the movement.
I wanted to try to put gen dial, 3kf movement and hands and PF case and braclet. This should be the best possible combination, am I right?
legend when you mod the PF you just shave the caseback? how thin can the PF watch arrive?
What do you think about 3kf hands?
As soon as I get all the parts I will post pictures.
Thanks

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
For the white dial you have to go either PPF or the 3k hands, pf hands are sh**. About fitting the clone movement to a pf case I don’t think there is info yet since you will need to measure the inner case.

What would make your build easier is to use the 3k watch and put the gen dials. Keep in mind that this might not be the same situation in mixing parts like previously done with pf/ppf who have the same based movement...

Ps: quanto hai pagato per i quadranti?

Riverwind85

26/4/18
What I am concerned is the first link of the braclet that is really too big and I think am the case is made just for that, otherwise the case in my opinion is really not bad, I confronted that with gen pictures and even the bezel seems good.
What is bad about the pf hands? Just the lume or else? The 3k hands have the center pinion not in black.
Poi ti scrivo pm

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Comapring 3kf hands and ppfs hands finishing looks similar 3kfs looking still rough i guess.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Yes the lune is very bad just to start with. Than the finish is also poor. What you might need to check before is if the pinion on the miyota and this new movement is same (meaning if the hands are interchangeable)

Reactions: XLR8R

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Does somebody measured the thickness of a thinner PF?

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Modded or not?

Last edited:

Keylog74

14/6/13
Not modded from factory.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
I wanted to know how thin the modders arrived thinning the caseback

Keylog74

14/6/13
I wanted to know how thin the modders arrived thinning the caseback

The possibility of thinning a case depends on the movement. So if you use the 3k movement wich is thinner than miyota you should not have an issue thinning it down to what a 3k case is.

Reactions: XLR8R

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Great project! The 3K date discs have smaller printing than gen. I also recommend gen date discs.

Please upload pics of those gen dials when they come in.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
I already have the gen date discs, thanks!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I just pulled the trigger on two gen dials (white with a little imperfection and a near perfect blue) and two 3kf 5711 especially for the movement.
I wanted to try to put gen dial, 3kf movement and hands and PF case and braclet. This should be the best possible combination, am I right?
legend when you mod the PF you just shave the caseback? how thin can the PF watch arrive?
What do you think about 3kf hands?
As soon as I get all the parts I will post pictures.
Thanks

Hello Riverwind, sorry for the late reply, I missed your tag and was prompted to your message by a friend. To answer you, the thickness of the PF case after thinning will be between 8.3 - 8.5mm. (I have encountered about 0.2mm variance due to machining tolerance of each case). You can shave the caseback and part of the midcase or the caseback alone. Naturally, trimming both will give you the optimal thickness.

I have no experience with the 3kf 5711 hands in person and will not be able to advise you on that, apologies.

Reactions: Allure and Glaude

Riverwind85

26/4/18
[mention]legend [/mention] thanks!
Can you please post some pictures of the watch before and after? I’d like to see that.
Then I see that in your works you also refinish the band and case, what exactly do you do?
Thanks

Marco

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Riverwind85 Pictures! Please post up some pictures of everything you are using! I am certain there are many, many guys who are very interested to learn about fitting the 324c into the PPF/PF case! Also, will the PPF/PF case take the 3k caseback and what that thickness would be?

Very interested in seeing what comes out!

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Still waiting for qc of the 3kf that should arrive in this days...
I just received for the moment the gen blue dial and hands...

[mention]legend [/mention] can you please reply to my previous post?

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea
Nice project and thank you for sharing. Please share pics of both 3KF and PPF. I am also planning to buy 5711, it would be great if you can also do a little comparison of 3KF and PPF. Would be helpful for buyers to decide which version to pick.