• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Nautilus 5712 DLC and Rep 5726

kiki@oe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/20
I recently customized my biggest pride and joy (genuine) Patek Nautilus 5712 to a matte blue coating and I absolutely love the look. Unfortunately wearing a watch that is now traded at up to 85k EUR on my wrist is not a smart choice for me. Therefore I am looking to get a 5726 (as there seem to be no good 5712 reps) DLC coated in a similar fashion as my rep daily use replacement beater.

Anyone have experience with direct DLC modding in china in this forum. Would be very interested to get a contact. I understand that the DLC custom coat will likely cost more than the watch itself. Am I correct to assume, that the KMF version is currently the best out there: https://www.intime05.co/patek-phili...rking-annual-calendaron-ss-bracelet-a324.html?

My wrist shot is only done with iPhone so not great, so I also attached the original shot from the modder (TitanBlack)

FourthLetter

14/5/18
How well does that coating hold up on your gen?

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Wow, that's a very nice mod, some people may hate that you changed such a watch, but I love anything customized and this suits this model very well !

I believe there's some Trusted people or supporting vendor doing DLC on the forum (I may be wrong though) but I'm sure someone will be able to help you in your search of info here, me, I'm just drooling over your custom 5712 !

kiki@oe

8/2/20
So far it’s holding nicely but when you bang it against something there is a risk of it coming off. I made a custom gen Daytona the same way and it did come off a bit when I banged it against a wall once. However you don’t get the normal SS scratches like you do with the regular version. I was searching for DLC etc in Forum but couldn’t find a trusted vendor :(

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
Beautiful watch and DLC job! You're brave to have such a watch customized like that!
Why would you want to DLC a watch like that in China?? Are you located there?

kiki@oe

8/2/20
I want to get a rep directly coated in China as I assume it’s much more cost efficient. I paid 4k for it in UK on the gen and that’s too much to pay for a rep in my opinion.

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
I think your watch is worth somewhere around $75-90k. Having a watch like that, I don't really understand why you'd want to PVD (or even own) a rep... but I'll bite anyway.
There are some companies in the States that will DLC watches, but some are not so rep friendly. You would need to strip the watch down completely (including the bracelet) and send them the parts you want to coat. I think their service costs somewhere around $1000-1500
Another option is to try and find a company that manufactures metal/wood working tools like drills,endmills, and router bits... They will often DLC the tooling with different coatings. Not sure how you'd go finding someone to coat the parts blue, though.

kiki@oe

8/2/20
Hey Johnny
I explained in the original post that I love the watch so I want to wear it everywhere but not the gen as the risk is too high. So I’d rather keep the gen in safe and wear a high end replica with same customization. I do this mostly. I also own a Yacht Master 42 and two Daytona’s and a replica of each for daily wearing. I have several modders in Germany and the UK but they charge at least 3k that’s why I wanted to see if there were good Chinese DLC modders.

Reactions: JohnnyDangerous