• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe and friends (VC, A. Lange & Söhne, Breguet & Richard Mille) - an inspirational thread

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
awesome collection, and most interesting to me are your leather straps. Stock straps from dress watches are always too long for me, so I tend to value SS bracelet sports watches more. I will look into those CF straps.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thank you so much for another amazing thread. And your watch collection is gorgeous. I love your classic taste and there are few pieces that I want in my watch box too that are PP 5205G, PP 5070P, PP 5975R. Can you please tell me from which factory and TD you got these watches as I couldn't find PP 5070P and PP 5975R on many TD websites. Do these reps come with this PP clasp (with logo) or you bought them separately? Also, I really love PP 5170J, did you find this model any where?

Thanks buddy for the nice words. The 5070P is from Trustytime and comes with a clasp. I think he still has it. The 5975R was from Watchfinder (Fat Panda/Tim), he sells you the clasp for a small extra fee.
The 5170J can't be obtained in rep to my knowledge. I don't think so. The 5170 is out there in SS, i think maybe TS Station and Watchfinder has it. I'm not sure. But it has the wrong numerals. The 5170G in gen has arabic numerals, wheras the rep in SS wrongly has roman numerals.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
awesome collection, and most interesting to me are your leather straps. Stock straps from dress watches are always too long for me, so I tend to value SS bracelet sports watches more. I will look into those CF straps.

Thanks buddy.

My experience with straps:

Camille Fournet:
I use Camille Fournet a lot. Mostly customized straps. The straps are expensive, but of extremely high quality, i find that they give a good service. The delivery time within the EU is 10-14 days from order paid. The atelier provide straps for Patek Philippe, Breguet, MB&F, and Jaeger-LeCoultre among others. Only difference is, they put the brand name on it when selling to the watch houses, while they brand them with their own name when selling to private customers.

A Collected Man:
They are great inspiration. They have a lot of nice combinations on their website and the straps are of high quality. Price level is medium. They are manufactured by Jean Paul Menicucci and Molequin mainly. The delivery is fast (a few days within Europe). No option for customizing, and only the sizes available can be obtained. You can order directly from Molequin also, but not from JPM.

Monochrome Watches:
Another option that seems good, i haven't tried them though. I think their straps are provided by JPM. You can get a customized (decide thickness, lug/buckle width and length) calf strap for 109 euro.

Jean Rousseau:
A great atelier, which has straps that match Camille Fournet in quality. The main difference i have experienced is, that whereas CF make more traidtional straps, JR often experiment with colours and materials. I've bought a nubuck alligator strap from them, which was very special and different. Price is almost at level with CF.

Fluco:
A newly jewel i've discovered. It's a german manufacture, that make handmade straps of very high quality at a very - unbelievable - low price. I have a round scale alligator strap and a suede strap from them as shown in the next post.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
So this is the latest addition to the collection :)

IMG-7825.jpg

IMG-7855.jpg

IMG-7860.jpg

And i've put it on a Fluco strap, which is german manufacture that makes handmade straps. It cost me 25 euro incl shipping (!).

WATCH HACKER here mate :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WATCH HACKER

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Thanks buddy.

My experience with straps:

Camille Fournet:
I use Camille Fournet a lot. Mostly customized straps. The straps are expensive, but of extremely high quality, i find that they give a good service. The delivery time within the EU is 10-14 days from order paid. The atelier provide straps for Patek Philippe, Breguet, MB&F, and Jaeger-LeCoultre among others. Only difference is, they put the brand name on it when selling to the watch houses, while they brand them with their own name when selling to private customers.

A Collected Man:
They are great inspiration. They have a lot of nice combinations on their website and the straps are of high quality. Price level is medium. They are manufactured by Jean Paul Menicucci and Molequin mainly. The delivery is fast (a few days within Europe). No option for customizing, and only the sizes available can be obtained. You can order directly from Molequin also, but not from JPM.

Monochrome Watches:
Another option that seems good, i haven't tried them though. I think their straps are provided by JPM. You can get a customized (decide thickness, lug/buckle width and length) calf strap for 109 euro.

Jean Rousseau:
A great atelier, which has straps that match Camille Fournet in quality. The main difference i have experienced is, that whereas CF make more traidtional straps, JR often experiment with colours and materials. I've bought a nubuck alligator strap from them, which was very special and different. Price is almost at level with CF.

Fluco:
A newly jewel i've discovered. It's a german manufacture, that make handmade straps of very high quality at a very - unbelievable - low price. I have a round scale alligator strap and a suede strap from them as shown in the next post.

Awesome thanks for the info. I have a rep datograph coming my way and am just going to pick up a pair of Fluco shell cordovan which is one of the only that have a 105/75mm short option and on the side black stiches. I also checked out Hodinkee, Nomos, and some random companies on watchuseek.com. This is going to be my first higher end rep so I don't know how my reaction to it will be in person, but for sure an expensive strap will make me treasure anything it straps on more. A really good strap may also bring the watch out in a subtle way.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

kirkanos

Horology Curious
27/8/18
A really good strap may also bring the watch out in a subtle way.

This is an understatement and one of the many reasons that jm_brc_7057 has such a standout collection. He really knows how to pair his watches with stellar straps. It might cost extra, but I would argue it is worth it!

That being said, I'm sure it probably helps that many of the rep dress watch's straps are horrendous. :)

Last edited:

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Gorgeous color scheme!
I really like the custom leather bands in general, significantly improves the look of the reps.

Waiting for the Wuhan flu to calm down before I can order some myself.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
Thanks buddy for the nice words. The 5070P is from Trustytime and comes with a clasp. I think he still has it. The 5975R was from Watchfinder (Fat Panda/Tim), he sells you the clasp for a small extra fee.
The 5170J can't be obtained in rep to my knowledge. I don't think so. The 5170 is out there in SS, i think maybe TS Station and Watchfinder has it. I'm not sure. But it has the wrong numerals. The 5170G in gen has arabic numerals, wheras the rep in SS wrongly has roman numerals.

Thank you so much for your reply. I found on TS websites, please check the links below. I am concerned these replicas are from 2015. How is the overall quality of your replicas from 2015, 2016 years. How is material, dial quality and feel for it, I am not worried about straps, i can follow you and buy from CF.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/goods.php?ProId=17903

https://www.ts-stations.cn/goods.php?ProId=20724

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Awesome thanks for the info. I have a rep datograph coming my way and am just going to pick up a pair of Fluco shell cordovan which is one of the only that have a 105/75mm short option and on the side black stiches. I also checked out Hodinkee, Nomos, and some random companies on watchuseek.com. This is going to be my first higher end rep so I don't know how my reaction to it will be in person, but for sure an expensive strap will make me treasure anything it straps on more. A really good strap may also bring the watch out in a subtle way.

That could look really nice on a datograph. Looking forward to the pictures! Many of their straps can be found in short version. It's often stated as XS. I bought mine from trendart-24.de. They have a lot of variety if you search fluco or choose from brand.

Yeah, the strap is really important as our good friend kirkanos states.

This is an understatement and one of the many reasons that jm_brc_7057 has such a standout collection. He really knows how to pair his watches with stellar straps. It might cost extra, but I would argue it is worth it!

That being said, I'm sure it probably helps that many of the rep dress watch's straps are horrendous. :)

Thank you buddy. You are absolutely right. It is something i really think of, that the "strap has to lift the watch, not bring it down". I never wear the rep straps. As i'm uncertain of what chemicals are used producing them. Metal (read "the case") is more "innate" in that sense.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Gorgeous color scheme!
I really like the custom leather bands in general, significantly improves the look of the reps.

Waiting for the Wuhan flu to calm down before I can order some myself.

Thanks mate, yes, it's lovely. Actually this exact color combination i can't take the honour for, as it was Godfathar who first introduced this color combi to RWI.

haha :D

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thank you so much for your reply. I found on TS websites, please check the links below. I am concerned these replicas are from 2015. How is the overall quality of your replicas from 2015, 2016 years. How is material, dial quality and feel for it, I am not worried about straps, i can follow you and buy from CF.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/goods.php?ProId=17903

https://www.ts-stations.cn/goods.php?ProId=20724

I've seen these before. As you can see the gen 5170R has arabic numerals, the rep has roman.
Gen:
3655b4952a2f80800cd38f465c78a669.jpg

While the 5170J rep has arabic numerals and the gen has roman:
dial-2.jpg

So it's not a very close replication in that sense. But both are very nice reps with a good movement and functional chronograph.

I see no problem in buying older models. If they are still produced you will get a watch that is either new or been on stock for a while. I've bought some older models too, fx the 5070P and 5975R and have no problem whatsoever. Rosegold plating on older models was often better in color.

One advice will be to always wait with ordering the strap until you have the watch at hand. Or ask some other members if they can provide accurate measures of lug/buckle width. Don't trust the TD's listing or measurements of the lug/buckle width, i've made that mistake and bought a expensive strap i didn't have use for as the measures were wrong.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
I've seen these before. As you can see the gen 5170R has arabic numerals, the rep has roman.
Gen:
3655b4952a2f80800cd38f465c78a669.jpg

While the 5170J rep has arabic numerals and the gen has roman:
dial-2.jpg

So it's not a very close replication in that sense. But both are very nice reps with a good movement and functional chronograph.

I see no problem in buying older models. If they are still produced you will get a watch that is either new or been on stock for a while. I've bought some older models too, fx the 5070P and 5975R and have no problem whatsoever. Rosegold plating on older models was often better in color.

One advice will be to always wait with ordering the strap until you have the watch at hand. Or ask some other members if they can provide accurate measures of lug/buckle width. Don't trust the TD's listing or measurements of the lug/buckle width, i've made that mistake and bought a expensive strap i didn't have use for as the measures were wrong.

Thanks mate for the detailed reply and great advice.

Rolly123

17/11/18
So this is the latest addition to the collection :)

IMG-7825.jpg

IMG-7855.jpg

IMG-7860.jpg

And i've put it on a Fluco strap, which is german manufacture that makes handmade straps. It cost me 25 euro incl shipping (!).

WATCH HACKER here mate :)

Fantastic collection and you have impeccable taste.

Strangely, yesterday I purchased a gen AP Quantieme Perpetual like yours. Given its smaller size I think a thinner strap probably works better. I was considering a CF but with "flat" or "square" profile rather than the usual round and 3mm. Have you tried one of these styles?

Also what's the link for the fluco website please?

Thanks

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Fantastic collection and you have impeccable taste.

Strangely, yesterday I purchased a gen AP Quantieme Perpetual like yours. Given its smaller size I think a thinner strap probably works better. I was considering a CF but with "flat" or "square" profile rather than the usual round and 3mm. Have you tried one of these styles?

Also what's the link for the fluco website please?

Thanks

Thanks buddy.

Wow. That was a coincidence! Congrats. It's a fantastic watch.

I bought my fluco strap from trendart-24.de

Regarding the choice of strap i also think that the flat one's look better.

Here you can see it on a round 3,5mm, which also looks fine IMO:

IMG-7883.jpg

If i order one i would rather have it round 3mm or flat 2,5mm (or maximum 3mm). As a flat strap always looks thicker when same millimeters as a round. As the round is 3mm in the middle, but fades out on the sides, while the flat is 3mm all the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolly123

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Really really good piece. My eyes and heart are still all over it =)

Thanks buddy. Im really enjoying it. Good thing is I got it for a really fair price. They are going up. People are getting aware of them. A perp from one of the holy trinity can’t stay at those prices for long. Too many collectors nowadays :)

Reactions: YXT