• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 incoming

Simon2439

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/20
Just got my QC pics for my next little addition. I’ve questioned the white dot next to the baton at 6 positions and hoping it’s a dust speck on top of the glass. Looking forward to receiving!!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I’ve ordered one of these and the dial colour has been worrying me. Not sure if it’s too grey?!? Also a lot of the pictures the dial looks really flat, without the radiating shimmer of the gen. But then in the last pic on the rate check it looks really nice and has the correct shimmer. So confusing!!!

DC

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
This pic kinda illustrates what I’m chatting about...

2-C6-C0426-A8-CD-47-FB-A921-932-B549-BB0-F0.jpg

Gen on the left, see it has a kinda sunburst shine, then the PPF seems flat?! I had a V1 and it had the sunburst, I just hope the V3 does have it and it’s just bad photos!!!

DC

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I’ve ordered one of these and the dial colour has been worrying me. Not sure if it’s too grey?!? Also a lot of the pictures the dial looks really flat, without the radiating shimmer of the gen. But then in the last pic on the rate check it looks really nice and has the correct shimmer. So confusing!!!

DC

I'm sure you'll be fine, those QC pic really flatten the dials in general, the light is so diffused

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
This pic kinda illustrates what I’m chatting about...

2-C6-C0426-A8-CD-47-FB-A921-932-B549-BB0-F0.jpg

Gen on the left, see it has a kinda sunburst shine, then the PPF seems flat?! I had a V1 and it had the sunburst, I just hope the V3 does have it and it’s just bad photos!!!

DC

One on the left is a pre 2019 dial, recognizable by the logo that is not boxed. The PPF replicates the 2019 model, which has a different shade of blue and sunburst

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
One on the left is a pre 2019 dial, recognizable by the logo that is not boxed. The PPF replicates the 2019 model, which has a different shade of blue and sunburst

He just used that pic as an example for the shine on the dial, not for the color really, on the left one, you can see how the sunburst brushing is showing, while on the right, it looks like the dial is a mate blue color without any brushing

Tobel

6/7/17
He just used that pic as an example for the shine on the dial, not for the color really, on the left one, you can see how the sunburst brushing is showing, while on the right, it looks like the dial is a mate blue color without any brushing

Sure, but if the shade of blue is different, we can't expect the sunburst to be comparable either. They're using different paints that reflect light in different ways, so no point comparing dials from 2 different versions, even if it's for the sunburst

btw the PPF V2/3 has sunburst has we've seen on many pictures. This one just doesn't highlight it

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Sure, but if the shade of blue is different, we can't expect the sunburst to be comparable either. They're using different paints that reflect light in different ways, so no point comparing dials from 2 different versions, even if it's for the sunburst

btw the PPF V2/3 has sunburst has we've seen on many pictures. This one just doesn't highlight it

I haven’t seen that many picture of it to be fair, and in a lot of the pictures I have seen it looks flat, even in sunlight (someone posted an outdoor picture on another thread) which is why I’ve been worried.

But will wait and see when mine arrives, too late now anyway it’s bought and paid for!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Well mine came with a broken off 6 marker haha so this isnt the best assurance lol

I wouldn't have posted them if it was someone else. But I'm sure with your experience you will see past that.

I only have these as the watch has gone to the watchmaker for fixing the marker.

But these will show you the lighting and dial color.

20200110-202738.jpg

20200110-234158.jpg
[IMG type="full"]https://i.posti...good representation of the 2019 gen Nautilus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaude

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
jm_brc_7057 Cheers mate. I think part of my worry is how little blue there actually is in the dial, it’s like someone’s turned the saturation way down, but I also know how different they look in person versus pictures. At least I can see the sunburst is ok :)

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057 Cheers mate. I think part of my worry is how little blue there actually is in the dial, it’s like someone’s turned the saturation way down, but I also know how different they look in person versus pictures. At least I can see the sunburst is ok :)

DC

Good to hear it helped you on the sunburst issue :)

But seriously buddy. You should see the gen. It's very grey and dark.

You have to forget your old 5711 which is very blue or you will get disappointed I'm afraid. This is not at all that blue. But neither is the gen.

Watchfinder & Co has made a video that really shows the dial color well. I think it will help you 'accept' the color when your watch arrives.

https://youtu.be/_N2iiPhauM8

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Good to hear it helped you on the sunburst issue :)

But seriously buddy. You should see the gen. It's very grey and dark.

You have to forget your old 5711 which is very blue or you will get disappointed I'm afraid. This is not at all that blue. But neither is the gen.

Watchfinder & Co has made a video that really shows the dial color well. I think it will help you 'accept' the color when your watch arrives.

https://youtu.be/_N2iiPhauM8

Yeah I’ve watched this one, and to be honest I really quite like the grey blue colour anyway, so I think I just need to quit whining and wait for it to arrive haha!! Although weirdly the one in that video is a pre 2019 model which I thought were more blue than the post 2019 models.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

DC

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Tobel

6/7/17
I haven’t seen that many picture of it to be fair, and in a lot of the pictures I have seen it looks flat, even in sunlight (someone posted an outdoor picture on another thread) which is why I’ve been worried.

But will wait and see when mine arrives, too late now anyway it’s bought and paid for!

DC

this is a video that Glaude posted some.time ago, you can see the sunburst at something like 1 min. Light is not great so it's not a super strong sunburst - and it's not support to be anyway- but it's definitely not flat

https://youtu.be/8Az46mGH8MI

​​​​​​​

mirv

Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
Which is the difference from PPF V2 to V3? The white dial 5711...