• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TW factory PP Calatrava 5120G

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Damn, it’s pretty nice to see an actual micro rotor movement!

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Jproject

Horology Curious
24/11/19
That micro rotor it's really awesome

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Now that is nice !

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Looks nice, especially in yellow gold. The micro rotor movement is impressive too, definitely an improvement over the 5119 released a few years back!

Its a bit fat though!

DC

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I was also excited for this one, but then I saw that the size of this rep is 39 mm x 9 mm while the gen one is 35 mm x 6.5 mm .

It will look too big compared to the actual size in terms of diameter and thickness.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I was also excited for this one, but then I saw that the size of this rep is 39 mm x 9 mm while the gen one is 35 mm x 6.5 mm .

It will look too big compared to the actual size in terms of diameter and thickness.

Thanks for getting those info. That's exactly the problem there was with the former 5119 rep. Too big too fat hehe

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Too fat can be bothering a little, but here I thank the mistake of our rep makers because I would never buy it in gen size, however this rep size is interesting to me !

dadog13 Any price range idea yet ? I guess this will be available after CNY right ?

jvevermind

6/3/17
Too fat can be bothering a little, but here I thank the mistake of our rep makers because I would never buy it in gen size, however this rep size is interesting to me !

dadog13 Any price range idea yet ? I guess this will be available after CNY right ?
Price is 368usd. Watch is already available on trusty's site

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Price is 368usd. Watch is already available on trusty's site

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Thanks !

Just noticed the typo on the movement : heat "sold" :lol:

Reactions: Rel

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
The tickness is very very bad. The watch is not wrapped, the palting 3 5 micron is very very bad ecc...
If you have seen a Calatrava, immediatly this watch appears as rep at yur eyes

I dont know because the factories dont product a simple and subtile Calatrava wrapped whit close retro and smalted dial, as the (bad fat) Azulejos. This is the very Patek super rep that I love ;)

WQWaS.jpg

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
The tickness is very very bad. The watch is not wrapped, the palting 3 5 micron is very very bad ecc...
If you have seen a Calatrava, immediatly this watch appears as rep at yur eyes

I dont know because the factories dont product a simple and subtile Calatrava wrapped whit close retro and smalted dial, as the (bad fat) Azulejos. This is the very Patek super rep that I love ;)

WQWaS.jpg

The ZF 5227 in yellow gold looks amazing, I’m really tempted to buy one. I’ve got several steel Calatrava and really want a gold one, this 5120 is not a winner but the ZF 5227j is the one!

DC

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
The ZF 5227 in yellow gold looks amazing, I’m really tempted to buy one. I’ve got several steel Calatrava and really want a gold one, this 5120 is not a winner but the ZF 5227j is the one!

DC

The Calatrava reps are good in photo. It will appear too flat in your hand, the gen is very subtile. And the chinese plating is too subtile ( 3/5 micron) is too yellow, the color is not warm like that of gn gold

The gold is the best problem of the reps that copy gold gen watches !!

Other: the dial of Calatrava (and all the classic Patek and Vacheron) is enameled, not simple white. As I said, exist a Patek rep whit enameled dial, Azulejos (see the link).
So it is possible for chinese factories to realize a white dial enameled. Why not ?
The current replicas of Calatrava is not bad, if you consider them as $ 300 watch, ok. They are rather bad if you evaluate the genlike factor. It is a matter of choices

https://www.intime05.co/patek-philippe/6513-calatrava-azulejos-ss-5089g-61-fl-enamel-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html