• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Deployant Clasp QC

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I got some QC pics for Calatrava cross Patek deployant clasps and I need some help looking at the pics. From my eyes the shape of the Calatrava cross in the QC pics is different from the pics I sent the TD to source for me. They claim it is from the same factory, TWF, but I can't help but see a difference in the shapes.

QC pic on top, screen shot of TWF deployant clasp on bottom.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks for confirming. They are good quality since they have the engravings. But the shape is really bad to me.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It looks close enough. BTW did you get your Nautilus back yet?

Gilrob you have a good memory! I sent everything to Spongebob and the package hasn't arrived to him in Taiwan yet. I will post pics when it's done for sure!

I've been really eyeing that new GRF 5726. I might just have to get it...

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I've got a TWF clasp. That one is definitely not a TWF. Shape is a bit different than gen on this. Twf has a bit better shape.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I've got a TWF clasp. That one is definitely not a TWF. Shape is a bit different than gen on this. Twf has a bit better shape.

Hi Jm, yes it's a bit different as you noted. The TD states the clasps are directly from TWF.

Not sure what to do now.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi Jm, yes it's a bit different as you noted. The TD states the clasps are directly from TWF.

Not sure what to do now.

Ask jm_brc_7057 where he sourced his deployant clasp from. Keep in mind that you've got only so much time left to reject or accept the clasps from PureTime, otherwise it will be shipped.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ask jm_brc_7057 where he sourced his deployant clasp from. Keep in mind that you've got only so much time left to reject or accept the clasps from PureTime, otherwise it will be shipped.

Hi Gilrob, yes JM and I discussed this over PM a while back. He told me he was able to get one on some kind of deal when he bought something from another member as far as I remember. I could be confusing that with someone else though.

I told the TD to check my images and get back to me when they see the difference in shape. Still waiting to hear. I have a pretty good relationship with the TD I deal with so I don't think they would ship out anything without me giving final approval.

I can speak Chinese fluently so that helps :)

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Haha come on Glaude, I just needed some reassurance there was a difference in the two images. Lol

I know I know, I'm a tool. Haha

You have to admit, that QC on clasp is already a bit extreme, but asking for guidance on said QC is something else :lol:

For what it worth, I prefer the clasp on your QC than the one you are after and the gen, I find it nicer with this slimmer shape

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
You have to admit, that QC on clasp is already a bit extreme, but asking for guidance on said QC is something else :lol:

For what it worth, I prefer the clasp on your QC than the one you are after and the gen, I find it nicer with this slimmer shape

Good point mon ami! They do have the correct engravings so that is a plus. I will wait to hear what the TD says and post back.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
tangokilo Mate this is the one i could've gotten from Fat Panda as an extra order beside the PP 5130.
Sk-rmbillede-2019-12-24-kl-13-42-31.png

My TWF clasp looks like this (this is from the Patek 6102R TWF :

20191224-134538.jpg

20191224-134549.jpg

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
JM, on your TWF clasp, is the bar that attaches to the short strap also rose gold or is it stainless like in this picture below:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
JM the clasp from Fat Panda does not have engravings. I verified this with him as well.