Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franken Patek 5712 Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Franken Patek 5712 Project

    I wanted to share with you guys a project I've been working on for a while now. Last October I grabbed a badly damaged Caliber 240 with a grey dial from a Patek 5712 off eBay - missing screws, jewels, rotor, damaged balance wheel, bent stems, etc. I sent it off to a watchmaker in March to start repairs, and based on a a call I had with him this morning they're almost done.

    So far I've sourced a set of gen hands (including the small hands), gen caseback crystal, gen gaskets, and aftermarket end-links.

    The next phase of the project involves getting a PF bezel and midcase, thinning it, making a new caseback, and somehow figuring out how to add pushers. If anyone has any advice, please feel free to chime in. I've included some of the movement photos from the original ebay listing below.

    #2
    Want to see more

    Good luck bro


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #3
      Some more photos


      Comment


        #4
        Great project, good luck!

        Comment


          #5
          Wow, this is going to be a insane project.

          May i ask how much the movement went for? Aucthion?

          And what is your budget to this project? Good luck, I will follow up on this one.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            #6
            I'd be interested in knowing the numbers as well

            Comment


              #7
              good luck

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by italym21 View Post
                good luck
                Thanks, man. It's been a roller coaster.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jptrosch View Post
                  The next phase of the project involves getting a PF bezel and midcase, thinning it, making a new caseback, and somehow figuring out how to add pushers. If anyone has any advice, please feel free to chime in.
                  I would think - Buy the KMF with pushers in it (link here: https://www.intime05.co/patek-philip...-movement.html)
                  Then have your modder drill a hole in the PF case and transplant one of the KMF pushers into the PF case. It should fit that way, but it's almost a waste of a $368 watch just for a pusher haha. But I don't know what other options are available (i.e. how much gen pushers are, or if third party pushers will work).

                  Comment


                    #10
                    an acquaintance has the gen and it's a stunner

                    Wish you the best and will definitely follow this
                    I'm in love with the shape of Roo // Sucker for 3-6-9 dials

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by majwilliams0308 View Post
                      I would think - Buy the KMF with pushers in it (link here: https://www.intime05.co/patek-philip...-movement.html)
                      Then have your modder drill a hole in the PF case and transplant one of the KMF pushers into the PF case. It should fit that way, but it's almost a waste of a $368 watch just for a pusher haha. But I don't know what other options are available (i.e. how much gen pushers are, or if third party pushers will work).
                      Cousins sell them as correctors, size check its needed to choose them, normally you have to stick a custon end inside to adapt to your movement.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        A note to everyone who's been messaging me about buying the project, I'm not selling it. The repeated insinuation that I would grow bored of it and that you would be willing to take it off my hands because you could handle it is disrespectful. I intend to finish what I started and give the watch to my dad for his 60th.
                        Last edited by jptrosch; 12-11-19, 18:45.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by d4v3 View Post

                          Cousins sell them as correctors, size check its needed to choose them, normally you have to stick a custon end inside to adapt to your movement.
                          I just looked them up. Thank you, that's a promising lead. I appreciate it. Echoing what majwilliams0308 said, it would be a shame to have to buy a whole watch just for the pushers.

                          A buddy of mine has the gen - I may be able to get the dimensions from him.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            So, any progress?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Love how this project winds its way towards a kindred zone. Keep it going: best entertainment for me for a long time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X