• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Called out for wearing a REP PP??

ashpatek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/18
London, UK
Hey guys,

I want to see any of you have any stories about being called out about wearing a Rep of a high high end watch such as a Patek/VC/AP and the like. I have a decent collection of 3-5$k gen watches and just got my first Pam 111 rep and i'm on the fence about ordering a custom 5711 PP/PPF build. I am 31 years old, but definitely have a baby face, people often think im in my early 20s. I drive a 981 Cayman and no one ever asks questions about my gen watches or the Pam, but with the 5711 - being a 60k+ watch now, has anyone ever called you out for wearing a rep? I love the look of the 5711, and I could honestly even buy the gen if I wanted to but people would probably still think its fake even with the gen. Anyways, am I blowing this out of proportion or do any of you guys feel uncomfortable wearing your 5711 rep out in public or in an environment where you feel like someone may know what a PP is?

Thanks,
TGZ

If you're driving a 981 cayman and can afford gen... then buy gen.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I own both PPF White Dial and PPF Blue Dial V2 and a few other reps but ive been wearing my PPF White everyday. Honestly, confidence plays the biggest part here. The way you carry yourself and the way you dress gives off a good first impression. Since youre already rocking a Porsche i dont think anyone will doubt your capability to own a patek. Some people are really lucky and they might chance upon a 5711 at the boutique, and if i only had the retail cost of a 5711 sitting in my savings account, i'd spend every last dollar! No one in their right mind will skip out the chance! Its a 250% markup in the secondary market. I guess the tricky thing is explaining to your friends, so u gotta come up with a bulletproof story. But if youre talking about first impressions, the quality of the rep youre wearing is half the battle won/lost. In this case, the PPF 5711s are very decent reps! So, half the battle is already won! The other half is how you carry yourself and the way you dress! But im sure if you intend to get a modded PPF 5711, you have a meticulous eye when it comes to detail. The same thing probably goes to your choice of wardrobe! So just be confident about it!

If a repeat customer finds out his AD had a Nautilus available and didn't call him, that AD has lost potentially more than a quarter of a million in sales that will go to another AD. And that is why you will NEVER come across with a Nautilus that happens to be on sale in a window. That history is less credible than saying you won the lotto...

manoamano

Horology Curious
11/1/19
If a repeat customer finds out his AD had a Nautilus available and didn't call him, that AD has lost potentially more than a quarter of a million in sales that will go to another AD. And that is why you will NEVER come across with a Nautilus that happens to be on sale in a window. That history is less credible than saying you won the lotto...

Since his work deals with many high net worth clients im sure there's a chance he could've gotten a piece through one of his clients. Its not impossible to get a 5711 if you have a good network.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I'm in my fifties and no one is going to question whether or not I'm wearing a fake watch, so I'd probably get away with it... if it weren't for my wife, who will announce that we're both wearing fake watches, whenever she gets the opportunity. Even when no one has expressed the slightest interest in our watches.

Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk