• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken White Nautilus Build

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
So Ryan came back and said, Nope, no PPF white dials available right now. So we gotta wait. Not a biggie as I have a PPF white on order from Lucy. Might do a side by side with the PF/JJF hybrid I have. It's all good fun.

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
So Ryan came back and said, Nope, no PPF white dials available right now. So we gotta wait. Not a biggie as I have a PPF white on order from Lucy. Might do a side by side with the PF/JJF hybrid I have. It's all good fun.

Thank you for that.

May I ask you to wander a bit on that? What about testing the following: transplanting the whole PPF dial/hands/movmt into PF case set, keeping in it the PF crown and stem. You might be able to work on its total thickness as well should PPF caseback was thinner than PF's .

cheers

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Thank you for that.

May I ask you to wander a bit on that? What about testing the following: transplanting the whole PPF dial/hands/movmt into PF case set, keeping in it the PF crown and stem. You might be able to work on its total thickness as well should PPF caseback was thinner than PF's .

cheers

Honestly, I think I am going to try and see if the PF bezel or JJF bezel will fit on the PPF, but really don't want to move everything over to the PF case. The thicker bezel of the PPF does not bother me too much.

From what I can tell, the PPF is going to be really close to gen. I will send it to Sponge for a new datewheel and that will prob be the extent of me messing with it.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Hi folks,

Just an update on this - first and foremost a few have been asking about the dial, I made a typo in my first post and actually purchased it for $1430, which is still cheap in my opinion for such a rare dial. If you look closely to the left of the pinion, there's a small imperfection which allowed me to get it so cheap in the first place.

Unfortunately due to an unexpected tax bill, I'm having to raise funds rather quick and having to abandon this project and therefore will be listing the dial today or tomorrow to be shipped from Steve. Keep an eye out as I'll be listing for what I paid for it.....

Cheers,

Scott

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Hi folks,

Just an update on this - first and foremost a few have been asking about the dial, I made a typo in my first post and actually purchased it for $1430, which is still cheap in my opinion for such a rare dial. If you look closely to the left of the pinion, there's a small imperfection which allowed me to get it so cheap in the first place.

Unfortunately due to an unexpected tax bill, I'm having to raise funds rather quick and having to abandon this project and therefore will be listing the dial today or tomorrow to be shipped from Steve. Keep an eye out as I'll be listing for what I paid for it.....

Cheers,

Scott

Are you listing just the dial or the whole build ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Are you listing just the dial or the whole build ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

The dial is with Spongebob so I’ll even offer to pay the installation costs if the buyer sends their watch to him :)

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
What's interesting is that your dial looks a bit more 'shiny' than my dial. Still beautiful, but its very interesting to see the batch differences

VwVEp8.jpg

VwVZwU.jpg

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thank you for that.

cheers

Yes!!!

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
What's interesting is that your dial looks a bit more 'shiny' than my dial. Still beautiful, but its very interesting to see the batch differences

VwVEp8.jpg

VwVZwU.jpg

your dial looks a lot cleaner, u got a really good deal

meneganton88

Looking Around
19/4/21
good morning I bought a patek 5711 3KF factory from the photos it looked really perfect, once I arrived and seen it live I found some defects in the date and indices do you know if there is anyone who can help me to fix these defects? Thanks so much

meneganton88

Looking Around
19/4/21
good morning I bought a patek 5711 3KF factory from the photos it looked really perfect, once I arrived and seen it live I found some defects in the date and indices do you know if there is anyone who can help me to fix these defects? Thanks so much