• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New blue dial PPF from KSwatches

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
Hey guys,

litterally I was waiting for a decent Patek nautilus for six years now. Almost bought the gen couple of years ago, but thought that I didn't want to pay over rrp for a used watch. Today I obviously bite my ass for not buying the watch.

Anyways, seeing that the PPF finally came out and looked like decent quality I directly ordered it with the awesome guys from KSwatches, which I can only recommend by the way. Super nice, fast shipping and great QC checking!

So now as there is so much nitpicking and complaining going on about the too dark blue dial and the thick bezel, I felt the need to post this thread and post a few pictures.

I am absolutely amazed by the quality of the watch. The bracelet is way better and totally snug after a little oil bath. I do recommend to have one of these pin pressing tools (used mine for the first time on this). I could imagine that you can seriously fuck up the brushing, if you try without any percautions. Either use a pin pressing tool or dip the bracelet in hot water to solve the loctite. Also use some tape to cover the surface while pushing the pin out with your screwdriver or whatever tool you use. Pins go out both ways and are secured by a little sleeve.

Back to the watch itself, I have to say that the blue dial is super nice and I wouldn't complain about it beeing too dark. There are many variants and I doubt that it is easily spottable. Also the thickness of the bezel. In my opinion, NOT AN ISSUE! ;)

But see yourself in the pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
It looks great! Waiting for several years too for a decent PP. The PPF meets most of our demands I think.

Did they use Loctite you say? But when you dip the bracelet in hot water, than all the loctite is solved, is that not dangerous for the ones who stay in the bracelet, dangerous I mean, will they get loose?

thank you so much for the pictures, wear her in good health.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
PF with Datewheel mod and 2xr looks pretty close, and the crown is better than PPF imo. I feel it's still the winner with these mods.

And for people who say 2 Dr makes it look less Gen, when was the last time you saw a Gen 5711? Haha
109de659d6b05ba0b1934050a89a6f59.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Reactions: Genta2014

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I think the PPF is overall a much better rep than the PF. Yes, there is the slight issue with the crown, but everything else on the PPF is streets ahead.

(And I last saw a gen on Saturday - my friend has one. It doesn't have 2 X AR)

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
I have a question... with the old PF (as with all of the earlier 5711's) the bracelet has seemed stiff and not bending much at the lugs which makes the watch wear a lot wider that it is. Did the new PPF fix this problem? Thanks

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
I have a question... with the old PF (as with all of the earlier 5711's) the bracelet has seemed stiff and not bending much at the lugs which makes the watch wear a lot wider that it is. Did the new PPF fix this problem? Thanks

43a94219b110d417e38bd70802ce3b21.jpg

Don‘t know as I didn‘t own the pf version. The watch sits snug on my wrist. Here is a picture of how far the bracelet bends.

Reactions: stufuse and csthe

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

The PF was actually ok but the PPF is indeed better in that regards. The bracelet "drops" much straighter

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Nice review op, I keep saying it but the PF seemed to look cheap to me, something about the overall finish on the PPF shouts expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aSlwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17
Hey guys,

litterally I was waiting for a decent Patek nautilus for six years now. Almost bought the gen couple of years ago, but thought that I didn't want to pay over rrp for a used watch. Today I obviously bite my ass for not buying the watch.

Anyways, seeing that the PPF finally came out and looked like decent quality I directly ordered it with the awesome guys from KSwatches, which I can only recommend by the way. Super nice, fast shipping and great QC checking!

So now as there is so much nitpicking and complaining going on about the too dark blue dial and the thick bezel, I felt the need to post this thread and post a few pictures.

I am absolutely amazed by the quality of the watch. The bracelet is way better and totally snug after a little oil bath. I do recommend to have one of these pin pressing tools (used mine for the first time on this). I could imagine that you can seriously fuck up the brushing, if you try without any percautions. Either use a pin pressing tool or dip the bracelet in hot water to solve the loctite. Also use some tape to cover the surface while pushing the pin out with your screwdriver or whatever tool you use. Pins go out both ways and are secured by a little sleeve.

Back to the watch itself, I have to say that the blue dial is super nice and I wouldn't complain about it beeing too dark. There are many variants and I doubt that it is easily spottable. Also the thickness of the bezel. In my opinion, NOT AN ISSUE! ;)

But see yourself in the pictures:

Thanks, nice review.
Just ordered mine and waiting for QC photos.
Can you explain more the pin construction/removal or even better show a photo of the pin? Didn't understand the sleeve part.

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
The PF was actually ok but the PPF is indeed better in that regards. The bracelet "drops" much straighter

My PPF

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
PF with Datewheel mod and 2xr looks pretty close, and the crown is better than PPF imo. I feel it's still the winner with these mods.

And for people who say 2 Dr makes it look less Gen, when was the last time you saw a Gen 5711? Haha
109de659d6b05ba0b1934050a89a6f59.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Really Like that Nautilus !

I think also with the extra mods, like the DW mod the blue PF is a very good choice .
For the white version you must pick the PPF .

Reactions: BlackJaguar

simba92

Horology Curious
28/2/16
England, UK
Also bought from KS. Blue PPF. Markers at perfect on itamd watch itself has become my favourite by far.
I don’t even care about the few flaws (crown etc). Still love wearing it everyday.

Reactions: stufuse and Glaude

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
PF with mods is nice but quality and finish of PPF is on another level. PF feels very cheap comparing to PPF My friend already has PPF and I feel I need to pull trigger very soon.