Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

PPF Nautilus - lost bracelet clasp ceramic bearing - any diy fix?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gilrob View Post
    So PPF did a good job replicating the gen bracelet/clasp after all, including the gen defect.

I don't know what was the defect on the gen exactly, but I'm sure it wasn't the same ceramic ball issue, that would have been covered in the guarantee, must have been a construction problem or fitment problem right from the start.

Or perhaps Patek was completely right to do it and those owner were simply wearing their watch too tight, hard to know

Comment

Originally posted by Jefmanc View Post
      nucorno this has also happened to me! I received the watch today and within 15 minutes the bearing holding the clasp to the bracket has popped off. Have you managed to sort this out? Bit of a joke considering how much it cost.
      I haven’t had any luck. Rather disappointed with PureTime on this, as well as the factory. The fact that between this and the bearing, it’s kind of crappy for all of us who just bought there.

Comment

Originally posted by nucorno View Post

I haven’t had any luck. Rather disappointed with PureTime on this, as well as the factory. The fact that between this and the bearing, it’s kind of crappy for all of us who just bought there.
        Don't blame PureTime, blame the factory....PPF!

Comment

Puretime didn't made the watch, they only got it for you, did a simple QC and sent it.
          This has nothing to do, yet, with Puretime, all those issue have been discovered right now and without having that sort of feedback, there was no way they could have tested this specific part of the bracelet. It's the first time this happened on a 5711 release as far as I know.

Then they can't control the aftermath either, they can only offer a repair by sending it back. Factory don't want to provide spare or parts, and the TD can't do a damn thing about it !

For future buyer, you would have to ask PT or any TD to make some additional check on the clasp, but ultimately, it can still happen after that, just do some extra simple work when you get the watch and that should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by gilrob View Post

Don't blame PureTime, blame the factory....PPF!
            Glaude My biggest issue here is not with PT and my apologies if it came off that way, but with the fact that PPF will not give up the pin, or even a new clasp. The only option here is to buy a new bracelet. I get that it’s out of PTs hands, but it’s not worth spending $138 or so when being supplied a pin would make the difference. Same thing with those effected by the bearing issue.
            Last edited by nucorno; 22-05-19, 01:40.

Comment

Glaude My biggest issue here is not with PT and my apologies if it came off that way, but with the fact that PPF will not give up the pin, or even a new clasp. The only option here is to buy a new bracelet. It’s not worth spending $138 or so when being supplied a pin would make the difference. Same thing with those effected by the bearing issue.
              Indeed, but we can't do anything about it unfortunately, it's a shame but this will have to be sorted by people directly.
              It's a bad move from PPF and certainly not a good way to start in the business (well, they don't care, but we do)

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Indeed, but we can't do anything about it unfortunately, it's a shame but this will have to be sorted by people directly.
                It's a bad move from PPF and certainly not a good way to start in the business (well, they don't care, but we do)
                This is when I miss the days of Angus (@puretime) being active on this forum and passing on these kind of matters to the factories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doud View Post

This is when I miss the days of Angus (@puretime) being active on this forum and passing on these kind of matters to the factories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I Do not think he can do anything in this situaion, ppf probabally know but do not want to fix now

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Happy to report that PT was able to get the piece from PPF for me. Just got an email.

Comment

Happy to report that PT was able to get the piece from PPF for me. Just got an email.
                      Oh that's great, what piece exactly ? The pin, the clasp, a link, the ceramic ball ?

Comment

They are providing me with the link that has clasp attached.

Comment

Sound like factories are listening

How much does it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by mottykytu View Post

Sound like factories are listening

How much does it cost?
                            $15

Comment

Thank you for the info. That's sound a lot better

Comment

$15
                                Protect them before it fall out again ! ...

Comment

Working...
                                X