• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Just got my PPF and it's beautiful.

Dumb question, using the pin removal tool, the pins when placing them back in, don't feel fixed in at all. Will they stay in?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just gave the green light on this watch. Some excellent alignment coming straight from the factory

VUdKPd.jpg

VUdzWZ.jpg

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Just got my PPF and it's beautiful.

Dumb question, using the pin removal tool, the pins when placing them back in, don't feel fixed in at all. Will they stay in?

The hole in the links has a thin metal sheath and it looks like you didn't notice it and lost it. That's why they feel not fixed at all. You can try slightly bending the pins so they stay in place, or take one of these sheaths from an unused pin.

Reactions: vcappp and Soloist

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
just as I want to say no to the blue one, I see some of these pics and the dial looks much better

Reactions: vcappp

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
The hole in the links has a thin metal sheath and it looks like you didn't notice it and lost it. That's why they feel not fixed at all. You can try slightly bending the pins so they stay in place, or take one of these sheaths from an unused pin.

Thanks so much. Found it and sorted. Newbie patek user. (link removal user) have to say its so much quicker than screws though even though still don't quite trust it haha. Feels firm and in place now.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Also just want to say to all who are in doubt about the white, there's no ways you're seeing the marker misalignment or the date thickness on your wrist, photos are zoomed up and definitely not like that in reality.

I wish they could achieve this thinness with APs

Reactions: SuperLory

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
asanibal looks stunning on your wrist.

What is your overall impression about the finish of the case and bracelet, particular the polishing? (is the matte Ok, is the shining Ok? )

Thx in advance and please wear her in good health

Reactions: asanibal

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Thanks so much. Found it and sorted. Newbie patek user. (link removal user) have to say its so much quicker than screws though even though still don't quite trust it haha. Feels firm and in place now.

I have a PPF Nautilus on order and would appreciate a detailed description of how to add / remove links please, if somebody could be so kind :)

I have never owned a watch that uses pins, so this is all a step into the unknown!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
asanibal looks stunning on your wrist.

What is your overall impression about the finish of the case and bracelet, particular the polishing? (is the matte Ok, is the shining Ok? )

Thx in advance and please wear her in good health

Quality is amazing, I never had the gen so I can not compare but the finish and presence is wow!! I will try to make a comparison to my old beloved MBW and let pics talk. ;)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Quality is amazing, I never had the gen so I can not compare but the finish and presence is wow!! I will try to make a comparison to my old beloved MBW and let pics talk. ;)

congrats on this stunner!

BTW - you are a lucky owner of a MBW? maybe you can share some pictures of it in a dedicated thread? ;)

Reactions: asanibal

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have a PPF Nautilus on order and would appreciate a detailed description of how to add / remove links please, if somebody could be so kind :)

I have never owned a watch that uses pins, so this is all a step into the unknown!

I also add that taking them off it's the easy task, while putting them back in is the tricky one where you can end up bending the pin.
​​​​​​
What I found useful is to use a normal watch holder (like the ones that come with any cheap watchsmith toolbag you find on Amazon):

​​It provides the right amount of pressure, slow and steady, so you can't bend the pin accidentally.

Be sure to pay attention and do not lose any of those metal sheathes too! Good luck!

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Seeing that the accuracy of the blue dial is being debated, I'm linking the following QC photos for reference. Depending on the light, it doesn't look as bad as originally thought. Indeed, in some lights, it actually looks better than PF. But it appears to vary. The DWO also looks much better with the blue dial (imo). I'll let you folks be the judge.

If there are any issues with uploading the QC images here, mods please delete and my accept my apology in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Seeing that the accuracy of the blue dial is being debated, I'm linking the following QC photos for reference. Depending on the light, it doesn't look as bad as originally thought. Indeed, in some lights, it actually looks better than PF. But it appears to vary. The DWO also looks much better with the blue dial (imo). I'll let you folks be the judge.

If there are any issues with uploading the QC images here, mods please delete and my accept my apology in advance.

6.jpg

/QUOTE]

Isn't 250 quite a low result for the amplitude?? I'd be interested to hear what the more technical members have to say on this point. I rejected my first offering because of a low amplitude (lower than this one) and a very high (20+) secs/day reading.

By the way, it's good to see TD's now showing pressure test results as well :)