• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus Help, PF VS MK V5

Sukkies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
Hi all,

Im completely new to this forum but beyond thankful it exists. I've spent the past few months trying to better understand what would constitute as a good replica, especially considering the cost of some. & well the time has come for me to invest in one. The problem is, when dropping $500 or so on a rw I naturally want to be sure I purchase the right one.

For now, it comes down to these two Nautilus 5711's and given the trained eyes and experience of a lot of the members on this forum Im wondering if i could have your take on which one would be better in terms of being as close to genuine as possible and to some extent for its durability.

https://www.intime03.co/patek-philip...324-clone.html

https://www.intime03.co/patek-philip...-free-box.html

From what I have been reading people seem to be edging more towards PF nautilus than MKs but im open to hearing opinions/suggestions for this watch in a similar price range.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this and advise accordingly.

Additionally someone posted this a while back and quite frankly although its to an untrained eye, its a beauty and I'd like something similar: http://imageshack.com/i/pmCuAqOyj

Best,

J

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I have the V6F (sometimes called HBB). The dial is not the best blue, but it has the best finish IMO and the best date disc. The finishing cannot be understated IRL. For me it had my minimums that I was looking for, but it's still not 'perfect'.

JpGqF.jpg

Jp2v0.jpg

Jpk86.jpg

Jp0Aq.jpg

The bottom pic is comparing it to the MK v4 Nautilus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rep_Fan

Sukkies

24/9/18
Keylog74 I couldn’t find anywhere on this forum that compares these two models that I have like for like, nor is this forum the easiest to navigate so if you have such a link or direction to look in that doesn’t require me to go through 100+ pages/ threads please do let me know.

majwilliams0308 that really is a clean, beautiful watch. I’m open to other suggestions too so thank you for the recommendation. It’s definately something I will consider. Appreciate the pic comparison!

Reactions: jakekrait

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Keylog74 nor is this forum the easiest to navigate so if you have such a link or direction to look in that doesn’t require me to go through 100+ pages/ threads please do let me know.

well since lateley every new user spams with question like this i do believe you when you say you have to go through all this pages. but hey thats what every one who wanted to learn did. glws

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
If it’s your first rep, I wouldn’t buy a nautilus. There aren’t any great nautilus reps at present, although hopefully soon there will be. For your first, I’d recommend something nwbig or super rep. Panerai, explorer 1, oyster perpetual, jlc ultrathin moon

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
majwilliams0308 would you be able to advise on where you sourced this from and the thickness of the v6f?

Best,

J

I got it from Watchfinder (a TD here) and it's 10mm thick exactly.

However, as Nivka states, if this is your first rep, unless you REALLY want the Nautilus, I would recommend going for a super rep first, then diving into the Nautilus.

Reactions: vcappp

Sukkies

24/9/18
Nivka honestly sound advice, appreciate it.

majwilliams0308 thanks for the source again. Final question on the nautilus generally, obviously $500 isn’t a small amount of money for a rep, and while I have no experience in the higher end rep market I’m wordering, in terms of durability, how do you think it stands ? I’m aware this is completely a newbie question but obviously I don’t want to spend that much on one ( or any rep for that matter) for t to break a month later. & let’s assume I’m careful with it and not swinging it around or being brash at all. Thanks in advance again majw!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
If it’s your first rep, I wouldn’t buy a nautilus. There aren’t any great nautilus reps at present, although hopefully soon there will be. For your first, I’d recommend something nwbig or super rep. Panerai, explorer 1, oyster perpetual, jlc ultrathin moon

This!!!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Nivka honestly sound advice, appreciate it.

majwilliams0308 thanks for the source again. Final question on the nautilus generally, obviously $500 isn’t a small amount of money for a rep, and while I have no experience in the higher end rep market I’m wordering, in terms of durability, how do you think it stands ? I’m aware this is completely a newbie question but obviously I don’t want to spend that much on one ( or any rep for that matter) for t to break a month later. & let’s assume I’m careful with it and not swinging it around or being brash at all. Thanks in advance again majw!

Most of these high end replica watches have good movements. If you want to, you can send me your timegrapher pic via PM when you order a watch and I can tell you if anything looks off. In general, the movements on these watches won't give you problems. I've had issues with 2 of my watches - one where the rotor fell off and another where the date didn't change - but I've ordered around 50 watches over my rep career. Both of them my TD fixed it and sent it back in about 6 weeks.

The things I don't recommend are standard
- no doing dishes, giving the kids a bath, taking a shower, going swimming, etc. washing hands is fine usually.
- no playing golf or anything where you're swinging your wrist around at a high acceleration. Sometimes the movement doesn't like that

Most other normal uses are fine and your watch will last. Besides most TDs have a 1 year warranty. Shipping it back is $30 tops, and most will credit you back that difference.

Sukkies

24/9/18
majwilliams0308 Your replies and knowledge is thoroughly appreciated, especially given my rep experience extends only to shitty reps from markets in Hong Kong, not even the good stuff lol. Dont judge ha wouldnt do that again, I was a lot younger :p

As for examining whichever watch I purchase, I will probably take you up on that so thanks, my untrained eye probably wouldn't even be able to tell whats up with it. In all honesty in edging towards a PF Nautilus against yours or some others better judgement. Im not expecting it to be perfect or as clean a finish as your v6f, but in terms of reviews i have read, its thinness in comparison to a gen, overall feel and strap seem to be swaying me. Looking to purchase sometime next month after doing a bit more research. Your comments about durability definitely makes me feel slightly more at ease and if TDs are promising 1 year warranty I guess that means they must have some confidence in their products too.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
majwilliams0308 Your replies and knowledge is thoroughly appreciated, especially given my rep experience extends only to shitty reps from markets in Hong Kong, not even the good stuff lol. Dont judge ha wouldnt do that again, I was a lot younger :p

As for examining whichever watch I purchase, I will probably take you up on that so thanks, my untrained eye probably wouldn't even be able to tell whats up with it. In all honesty in edging towards a PF Nautilus against yours or some others better judgement. Im not expecting it to be perfect or as clean a finish as your v6f, but in terms of reviews i have read, its thinness in comparison to a gen, overall feel and strap seem to be swaying me. Looking to purchase sometime next month after doing a bit more research. Your comments about durability definitely makes me feel slightly more at ease and if TDs are promising 1 year warranty I guess that means they must have some confidence in their products too.

You won't go wrong with the PF, I almost bought it myself even though I had a great Nautilus. What I've found is people have different 'must have's' for a watch. For some its how perfect the color is, others its font, others is SEL, and for you it's thinness which is a very common minimum. I'm a date snob, more than most probably. I have a gen date disc in one of my vintage Rolex builds that has the date switching backwards at midnight. But that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have the date be correct looking rather than functioning haha. I'll keep my thick Nautilus with correct date font until they make a thin Nautilus or better blue dial with correct font.

Reactions: Rep_Fan

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
MK v5 is the way to go for.

PF version is put together by a bling man. Hours markers are basically like stickers barely holding onto the dial. Dial is purely glued to the movement.
people who took PF version apart know it’s disaster.

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

Sukkies

24/9/18
rcom440 talk about confusing me even more lol, this is interesting and something to consider, but I am wondering why you say this when on this forum a lot of people seem to rave on about the PF.

& don’t get me wrong the first nautilus I was considering was the MK v5 but I’m again worried about how thick it maybe.

majwilliams0308 i know you have had the mk v4, how would you say that sat on your wrist? I’m assuming the v5 maybe marginally thinner with other improvements to it in terms of design and movement legitimacy, but then again based on everything I’m reading it’s hard to decipher which one would actually be best between a MK v5, PF and your clean v6f ( which to my knowledge is the newest on the market) (again my hesitation due to thickness is there for this)

And I totally get what your saying about attribute preference, in short all I really want is something that looks good on the wrist, and if someone looks down at it doesn’t think, o that’s so blocky or thick it must be a fake. Because I haven’t seen them in person, I don’t know how the 1mm difference between a gen and a pf/MK really compares from an Aesthetic, quantity looking point of view.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
People talked about PF on this forum because there was no other Nautilus to talk about then PF came out. Yes it’s thin but the way this watch is put together is laughable.
you will also have tough time with accepting QC pics as most of those PF have crooked hour markers. You may eventually get lucky with that, who knows.
i woudn’t buy PF.
For me MKv5 beats it even if it’s slightly thicker. Perhaps you could wait a little bit to see if any new Nautilus gets released.
did you check ZF Aquanaut? It looks pretty sweet!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Sukkies
MK v5 measures 9.1mm which is pretty much thickness of PF.
If I were you I woudn’t even think about PF version.
MK v5 is way better. They refined bracelet too.
You can confirm this with some TD - Ryan and Sead are pretty knowledgeable they will definitely recommeyMK v5 instead of PF.

Sukkies

24/9/18
rcom440 honestly Ive pretty much concluded you are not wrong. My gut told me to go for the mk v5 to begin with and after watching a few of chinese comparison videos and ones on their own Im inclined to agree with you. The marginal difference in thickness is offset with by far a higher level of quality both movement wise, colouring and overall feel imo. Again I guess its personal preference, but should i pull the trigger on this soon I will let you know. Again appreciate the advice and sway in what i believe to be the right direction :p

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
rcom440 honestly Ive pretty much concluded you are not wrong. My gut told me to go for the mk v5 to begin with and after watching a few of chinese comparison videos and ones on their own Im inclined to agree with you. The marginal difference in thickness is offset with by far a higher level of quality both movement wise, colouring and overall feel imo. Again I guess its personal preference, but should i pull the trigger on this soon I will let you know. Again appreciate the advice and sway in what i believe to be the right direction :p

No prob. If I was buying Nautilus at this time I’d definitely go for MK v5. I will probably buy it if there is nothing excited being released (like zf rm011) before Christmas.

Reactions: vcappp

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
If you have small wrist (less than 6.5") choose PF
If you care about thinner case choose PF
If you have a understandable TD and accept your rejected PF until you satisfy choose PF

If you want better dial , DW choose MK
A little thicker does not mean any to you choose MK

I've PF and I find it really good watch but if I've to choose btw 2 , I'll go PF not for the quality but the bracelet of PF is better suitable for my 6" small wrist.

Reactions: arepuj and Nivka