• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The question is whether to buy the 5711 PF or to wait?

Oranro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
Hi Guys,
I really want to buy the 5711 blue dial.
I've read quite a bit lately what are the flaws in the PF model.
I also read that there is speculation that a new model will soon go out with much better look.
I have no problem waiting a little longer, the question of whether these speculation are correct.
What should i do to your opinion ?

Tnx

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
Go for it and sell it as soon as you find a better version. IIRC, V6F abandoned the 5711 project (please correct me if I'm wrong), so you are better off with not waiting. BTW if you are interested in the Aquanaut, ZF is going to release their version of a 5167 soonely.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Hi Guys,
I also read that there is speculation that a new model will soon go out with much better look.
I have no problem waiting a little longer, the question of whether these speculation are correct.

Tnx

In this hobby you can only purchase what is available at the moment and not what you hope will come

If you want the nautilus the PF is a very good option. Not value for money but a good option indeed now.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi Guys,

Tnx
You and I share the same dilemmas. The flaws of the current PF 5711 are mainly the marker positioning, the date wheel font and the high price for what it is. The dial also could use an improvement, same quality as an MK4 dial or better would be nice.

As far as speculations, cancellation of the V6F project for instance, I have not seen anything from a reliable source about this. If anybody out there knows any genuine facts concerning this matter, please provide any links or information. This would provide closure on this matter if in fact it is true.

The current PF 5711 will be dethroned sooner or later by either PF with a V2 or another maker. It's just how things evolve in the rep scene.

If you have no problem waiting a little longer, do so. There is a lot of other watches out there. A better 5711 blue dial will eventually show up.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I have the blue & white dial PF. The blue face is pretty spot on. Yes the markers are a bit longer than gen which is why you see them extend past the dot line. But in practice these ends are usually covered by the shadow from the bezel and you really cant even see the rehaut. The lume is also the correct gen thats slightly touched by green. Patek seems to have 4 versions of the blue dial over time and the PF seems closest to the third version. The big flaw for me is the datewheel.

The white however is a very different story. The markers are painted with a thick messy black paint and the lume is a sickly yellow and clumped in. 100% unacceptable. I have a JJF on the way and I am going to see if my local guy can just switch the entire movement. If not, I will see if he can move the face, wheel and dial to the PF. Getting a gen dial won't work because the cost and the date wheel wont work. You also have to deal with the gen dial feet. If I cant get the JJF to fit, then I will just have to get out the jewellers loupe and try to scrape out that nasty yellow lume as a last resort. The white in short is a mess.

The Rose gold PF is also messed up. The dial is not even close to the correct shade of brown and because its not wrapped the gold color does not look as good as the BP wrapped.

Not trying to slam PF at all, but the blue one is by far the best example.

Lets see if we get a new date wheel made and then i think this blue face will be untouchable.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If you can’t wait, then buy a PF5711 and swap in MK dial (@slaughterer62 has done this before and it looks pretty sic if you ask me). Keylog is working on a gen style DW for this watch. With the dial swapped and correct DW, you’re good to go.

Oranro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
So according to the verdict i will wait, meanwhile i will look for AP novelty.
Thanks guys for the honest advice.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So according to the verdict i will wait, meanwhile i will look for AP novelty.
Thanks guys for the honest advice.

You're welcome. There is a $135.00 39mm blue dial AP 15202 thread in the AP sub section right now. Perhaps it can tide you over while you wat for a 5711.

ark2506

11/12/12
If you can’t wait, then buy a PF5711 and swap in MK dial (@slaughterer62 has done this before and it looks pretty sic if you ask me). Keylog is working on a gen style DW for this watch. With the dial swapped and correct DW, you’re good to go.

yes he did this for me - and am very happy with the results. dial is a lot closer in colour to gen.

Reactions: mech500

234BUDs

22/7/17
Go for it and sell it as soon as you find a better version. IIRC, V6F abandoned the 5711 project (please correct me if I'm wrong), so you are better off with not waiting. BTW if you are interested in the Aquanaut, ZF is going to release their version of a 5167 soonely.

So in the rep world that means another 6 months

Sent from the RWI App