• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Putting a MK V4 dial & date wheel on PF case

ark2506

11/12/12
Is this possible? has anyone tried this before? or will it result in fit issues e.g. when you put the MK dial on BP case?

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
I don't think MK dial will fit PF case. I remember hearing someone who did it but DW end up in the wrong place. Can't find where sorry, but my bet is no

G

I have a MKF v4 dial in a BP case. Was a hybrid that I picked up from a fellow member on M2M. A lot of work went into it. Definitely need a good modder

a010df3b5f4324542cceedaa295a3f74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have a MKF v4 dial in a BP case. Was a hybrid that I picked up from a fellow member on M2M. A lot of work went into it. Definitely need a good modder

a010df3b5f4324542cceedaa295a3f74.jpg

Is this the same white Nautilus that Godfathar had built? If so, I remember following his thread from start to finish.

G

Is this the same white Nautilus that Godfathar had built? If so, I remember following his thread from start to finish.

Yes this is pretty much the same build. The MKF dial is far superior to PF (or anything else) and its matched with the slimness of the BP case / bracelet.

ark2506

11/12/12
Yes this is pretty much the same build. The MKF dial is far superior to PF (or anything else) and its matched with the slimness of the BP case / bracelet.

hm might need to get my hands on BP dial then... is there a reason why the MKF dial will fit on the BP case but won't fit on the PF case?

G

hm might need to get my hands on BP dial then... is there a reason why the MKF dial will fit on the BP case but won't fit on the PF case?
I have no idea to be honest. The MKF needed to be modded (dimension wise) to fit the BP case. But to be fair it's probably worth asking Godfather or one of the modders that worked on the build to get more info.

couvreur

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/6/12
I haven’t tried it, because the PF case is not any better than the MKF: both too thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I haven’t tried it, because the PF case is not any better than the MKF: both too thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im sorry but you saying that 0.5mm thicker than gen is way to thick? PF has a shitty qc but rest is no compare with whatever nautilus you build up with rep parts...

ark2506

11/12/12
I have no idea to be honest. The MKF needed to be modded (dimension wise) to fit the BP case. But to be fair it's probably worth asking Godfather or one of the modders that worked on the build to get more info.

Trying to find the modders that was used for this but I can't seem to find this thread, any chance you can point me towards it?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Trying to find the modders that was used for this but I can't seem to find this thread, any chance you can point me towards it?

Look for the thread, Nautilus 5711 White Dial, started back in February 2016. I think sourcing a MK4 dial and hands might be a problem.

ark2506

11/12/12
Look for the thread, Nautilus 5711 White Dial, started back in February 2016. I think sourcing a MK4 dial and hands might be a problem.

already got em - just needs to be transplanted onto the pf!

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Ok, so I have the PF with the terrible yellow lume. Lucy is shipping me a JJF with a much better dial and wheel. I am going to see if they can transplant the whole Miyota into the PF case, if not then we do just the dial, wheel & hands and I end up with a nice spare movement.

Lets see how this goes.

Reactions: SuperLory

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ok, so I have the PF with the terrible yellow lume. Lucy is shipping me a JJF with a much better dial and wheel. I am going to see if they can transplant the whole Miyota into the PF case, if not then we do just the dial, wheel & hands and I end up with a nice spare movement.

Lets see how this goes.

Interesting idea, looking forward to see the final results.