• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Many previous Aquanaut reps have top loading dials resting on the case not the movement, and bottom loading movements. With the new ZF we will have gen construction finally.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Cool case but what about the rest? why just show a case? stop people buying from others and wait another one year or two until zf makes his mind up?

Not all people thinking like RWI they know nothing about thickness and movement and Gen sample

Sent from the RWI App

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
If they slap the same 9015 movement from PF, would we be able to thin the case back and rotor loco louie style to achieve almost gen like thickness? Or perhaps abandoning the decorated movement? Even shaving 0.5mm is good enough. Anyone explored this option before with mods?

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
The 'others' (namely PF) are doing a pretty good job of that themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

might be, but give me a good case rep structure and id take that all day every day... this makes the deal for me.

Reactions: ssouthall6

ssouthall6

10/10/13
might be, but give me a good case rep structure and id take that all day every day... this makes the deal for me.

Maybe lost in translation...I meant the other factories are doing a good job of stopping us from buying theirs (by making shit reps with faults galore at high prices)

This looks very promising

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
difficult for 8.1mm without the gen movement. gen movement has 3.3mm thickness.
miyota 9015 = 3.9mm. 2824 = 4.6mm. you need additional 1mm for the date overlay.

expect the booty kardashian look

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
Maybe they could use an A2892 instead... as it is only 3,6mm in height... maybe they could modify its bridges and plates like PF and MKF do with their 9015 movements for patek, breguet or vacheron (recently released without deco and engraved bridges and mainplates instead...)

would be nice to see a thin movement with correct position of the balance wheel and some nice engravings even if the movement look over all isnt on point...

dont know much about the crown position or the fitment in diameter for models like aquanaut or nautilus but i always liked the idea of an eta based movement for those watches...

i have seen a review of a modded BP V1 with MK dial and a swiss 2892 in it and i really liked it, because of the thinness and the reliability of it...

Reactions: LuminorReptar

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
hurdle here patek movement is 12 ligne. date wheel equal same diameter as 11.5 ligne movements.
only solution for ZF to use 2824 or miyota and grind edge movement plate level for new date ring to span whole movement. costly.

Reactions: stoyania

Keylog74

14/6/13
Maybe lost in translation...I meant the other factories are doing a good job of stopping us from buying theirs (by making shit reps with faults galore at high prices)

This looks very promising

The PF case for the nautilus is as good as you will get... dial needs some alignment but that's it...

PS: this is also ZF showing cases, i still dont know here is the watch https://www.intime03.co/content/114-...-zf-gen-vs-rep

Last edited:

Keylog74

14/6/13
The PF aquanaut is crap though

yeah, but if you have fallowed, ZF first showed the movement for the nautilus, now shows case for the aquanaut... probably next time we will see hands for the 5712 and dial for someother model. by the end of a 10 year timeline we will be able to buy all this part and make a watch out of it :D

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
yeah, but if you have fallowed, ZF first showed the movement for the nautilus, now shows case for the aquanaut... probably next time we will see hands for the 5712 and dial for someother model. by the end of a 10 year timeline we will be able to buy all this part and make a watch out of it :D

Ryan said the stock will be available in Julu so let’s see what they will come up with.
Its like rumor with noob Daytona and clone movement.. well after all that rumor and talk they eventually released it.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Hoping for a rose gold case too. I've never owned a gold watch, and this is casual enough for me to wear methinks.

Reactions: markiemark

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Looking at the case I think that we don't should expect the mysterious and elusive thin clone movement in this case, it's looks to be made for a thicker movement rather than one with gen thinnes.
Why do I think this?
As Ryan wrote on his site, gen straps mounts ok on it, and if you look at the mounting holes for the aquanaut strap in the case, you can clearly see that it's more material below the holes in the rep case than the gen case, so on the base of that the rep case is made thicker than the gen one.
But, I might be wrong, it's all based on what Ryan wrote on his page with gen strap fitment.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

It was V6F not ZF that provided Angus the pictures of the upcoming Nautilus.

Reactions: ssouthall6