• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF New aquanaut

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Do you mean that you think their strategy is stupid?

Or do you mean that you think I am lying/mistaken that PF Boutiques keep available stock in the safe for preferred customers?

i have no means of doubting you, I'm saying that if that is their strategy (and not some bullshit the AD says like i think) it's like cutting off one's cock when the wife cheats on imho

itsrx1

Known Member
26/4/10
I'm friends with someone who works in a major AD/boutique and they do actually have them in stock, they just won't admit they do, nor sell it to plebs. If David Beckham walks in and asks for one, the safe gets cracked open and he's leaving with one.

Maybe that certain AD will have one in stock bc of their market, meaning not a high patek traffic area. I’m tight with 2 ADs in big metro area and each Ad received about 10-11 allocations for 5167 and 5711 white dial per year and none has any in stock ever! Try something like Vegas or New York or Beverly Hills, you can be Beckham all you want, you aren’t getting it just bc youre walking into AD. Same applies for ferrari. Hence, David Leno hates it!

Reactions: neeeechlas

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
To be fair, I'm talking about a Patek boutique, as in wholly owned by Patek (as I understand it, one of only three in the world) so their situation is probably very different to a normal AD.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Problem is very simple, i know because ive been explained this. In stock is whatever number you get for year, the number depends on your year sales. AD always keeps one in stock but dont think they sell it. when they do it will go for premium because demand is higher than production. when you go and say : I want one i want now, Beckam or whoever you are get ready to pay premium :D unless you are someone like Biver ofcourse ;)

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
I like PF and their watches and I’m big on decorative movement. I don’t care if the watch is 0.5mm thicker than gen. I don’t cry about all of those other things.

Reactions: Soloist

itsrx1

Known Member
26/4/10
Problem is very simple, i know because ive been explained this. In stock is whatever number you get for year, the number depends on your year sales. AD always keeps one in stock but dont think they sell it. when they do it will go for premium because demand is higher than production. when you go and say : I want one i want now, Beckam or whoever you are get ready to pay premium :D unless you are someone like Biver ofcourse ;)

To my knowledge its actually the contrary, Patek AD isn’t allowed to sell over MSRP. For instance, i was ready to pay over for the 5522A if i was allocated first with the 2 ADs i usually deal with. I didn’t get jack bc I wasn’t their best client. For those who in the know of the Gen Patek game, 5522A is super hard to get unless you pay double msrp on grey market. I didn’t want to do that, I wanted my name to be on the certificate and only paid premium to AD for relationship purpose. Even so, couldn’t and didn’t get one. However, i did get the New York skyline edition.

itsrx1

Known Member
26/4/10
Forgot to mention, i got skyline at MSRP, its going for about 20k over currently in grey market. Mine is sitting in vault while im scratching up these reps on daily basis :). Beck or not, if you dont buy often and have no relationship, you ain’t getting JACK!

Keylog74

14/6/13
Forgot to mention, i got skyline at MSRP, its going for about 20k over currently in grey market. Mine is sitting in vault while im scratching up these reps on daily basis :). Beck or not, if you dont buy often and have no relationship, you ain’t getting JACK!

This ad's i know point you right to the gray market guy (this i forgot to add) because even finding on on the gray market has now become a challange.

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I think PF makes one of the best Patek reps in terms of case proportion is spot on. The biggest let down as always is the dials and DW finishing, simply not up the scratch.

honestly I was looking forward to acquire this, but after intime release ZF aquanaut sneak peak. I guess I'll wait till July. In terms of thickness, 0.9mm extra for a 8.1mm watch is a huge difference. But not many people has this watch, so you might be able to get away with it.

i once has a 1500 JF, 10.5mm thick and was later slimmed down by Loco louie to 9.82mm, makes a huge difference. Once you've tasted gen thickness there is no turning back!!!!

looking for a new brand to play with, and I think this should be a good start.

Reactions: ssouthall6

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
i have no means of doubting you, I'm saying that if that is their strategy (and not some bullshit the AD says like i think) it's like cutting off one's cock when the wife cheats on imho

Even In Singapore some bouq have the ceramic Daytona but they don’t sell anyone who walk in and say I will pay more than 5k of the retail price. They don’t give a damn they just call their regular and give them 20kusd for just damn ceramic Daytona. Which only cost 13kusd. Why they dare to say that? Because the store manager approve them to do that. Haha that’s life bro. They always have stock just that they mark up. Unless whoever is Super vvip they can even have discount! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
She laughed at you is right LOL. The wait list on 5167 is sick, 5711 is even sicker. They “cant” just get it in. They have to allocate to their best clients as demand is high. I own gen 5167, 5711 white dial, and 5712 among other pieces and i had to spend quite a few bucks to get there.

Haha. Of course I know you “can’t just get one in”.....same with any Rolex sports model. That was my way of saying, sort out your fucking production line. Also, I was hoping that one of the members of staff had a Nautilus that I could view.

Congrats on being a Patek “best client” looooool. You fell for the hype man. Lol

itsrx1

Known Member
26/4/10
This ad's i know point you right to the gray market guy (this i forgot to add) because even finding on on the gray market has now become a challange.

That’s sometgin different. My ADs deal with grey market guys/ flippers but dont give them limited pieces bc they are aware of the market.

itsrx1

Known Member
26/4/10
Haha. Of course I know you “can’t just get one in”.....same with any Rolex sports model. That was my way of saying, sort out your fucking production line. Also, I was hoping that one of the members of staff had a Nautilus that I could view.

Congrats on being a Patek “best client” looooool. You fell for the hype man. Lol

hey i would gladly fall for the hype many times over if i keep getting pieces like 5711, 5712, New York skyline at msrp. Those are great investments. Can flip those and buy hundred of these reps that we love so much and still have money leftover LOL

Reactions: frankii

itsrx1

Known Member
26/4/10
Example, blue dial 5711 is going for double msrp in grey marketplace right now. Msrp is around 21-25 (there was price change in April so not sure where it is now) but you can flip for 50k on grey market, thats 25k profit. How many PF 5711 or ARF 116500 can we buy?! Great problem to have really

BIONONE

28/4/17
Last weekend I visited a PP boutique in Europe

The boutique was big enough to turn around four times with its 5 - FIVE - employees - who had nothing else to do than to tell the interested customers that came in (3 people in about 15 minutes of the visit) that there is no possibility of trying an Aquanaut on... not to speak about the possibility of trying on a 5711...

It was just sad that not even a boutique got a model for that the brand is so popular for nowadays... It was just ridiculous to see them playing on their phones or tablets and slurping espresso while no one wanted to try on the grand complications that go for 100.000 or 200.000€...

When i was in germany i had the pleasure to try on an Aquanaut at an AD with AND without bracelet. When i asked the employee if there is the possibility to see a Nautilus he got the personal one of his boss out of the safe - totally fucked up 5711 with scratches on every part you looked at haha - but at least a genuine 5711 (not for sale just to look and try on) :D

THAT was a great experience compared to the so hyped up PP boutique...

I would love to see some numbers how many 5711 and 5167 are out there and how "special and rare" they really are :D

BIONONE

28/4/17
In this case - i would love to know what it feels like to sign up for the 4-6 years waiting list (as stated in the boutique for the steel models of Nautilus) and then finally realizing that it is too small for your wrist because there was no good opportunity of trying one on in the past haha

at least then you got the possibility of flipping that thing for 100% profit haha

Reactions: Stuessi

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Last weekend I visited a PP boutique in Europe

The boutique was big enough to turn around four times with its 5 - FIVE - employees - who had nothing else to do than to tell the interested customers that came in (3 people in about 15 minutes of the visit) that there is no possibility of trying an Aquanaut on... not to speak about the possibility of trying on a 5711...

It was just sad that not even a boutique got a model for that the brand is so popular for nowadays... It was just ridiculous to see them playing on their phones or tablets and slurping espresso while no one wanted to try on the grand complications that go for 100.000 or 200.000€...

When i was in germany i had the pleasure to try on an Aquanaut at an AD with AND without bracelet. When i asked the employee if there is the possibility to see a Nautilus he got the personal one of his boss out of the safe - totally fucked up 5711 with scratches on every part you looked at haha - but at least a genuine 5711 (not for sale just to look and try on) :D

THAT was a great experience compared to the so hyped up PP boutique...

I would love to see some numbers how many 5711 and 5167 are out there and how "special and rare" they really are :D

Patek can keep that nonsense, no watch is worth 5 years wait imo. That's like asking me to sign the papers for marriage but wait 5 years for sex! Patek only does this because they are convinced their customers are suckers for the brand.

As soon as someone gets a decent datewheel in that PF, a lot of gen guys are going to start wearing the 5711 reps, it's already happening with Panerai and Rolex.

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Patek can keep that nonsense, no watch is worth 5 years wait imo. That's like asking me to sign the papers for marriage but wait 5 years for sex! Patek only does this because they are convinced their customers are suckers for the brand.

As soon as someone gets a decent datewheel in that PF, a lot of gen guys are going to start wearing the 5711 reps, it's already happening with Panerai and Rolex.

Quite a few gen guys are already wearing the 5711 rep. I’ve talked to/know a couple of them. But you are correct if a better date wheel is put into that PF even more guys will start wearing that rep.

Reactions: reppin