• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Full diamond watch

d100591

Patek addict
17/9/17
Anyone knows when a new beautiful full diamond watch will come out?

Yeah i know some don’t like it but i lovem i want one with chronograf :)

Reactions: atan

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
There isn’t even a half way decent regular one out and you’re demanding for an iced out version? Lol. Waiting game. If you want good shit, you have to build it and custom set it.

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15

Checkout InTime they have some bust down 5711’s

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Why? They look like shit and anyone who knows stones is laughing at you if you wear those in public.

This. If you want to have diamond wrist, you need to replace stones and in order to that, you’re better off with building a watch already because how stupid is it if you have decent stones on it but everything else looks like poo.

Reactions: theslavetrainer

d100591

Patek addict
17/9/17
Guess i will have to save up over 50000$ then :(

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Eseips

5/4/16
Well we do have a madman here who actually did the custom diamond setting on his rep nautilus chrono. if i recall it right he ended up with half the cost of the genuine though.

Reactions: vcappp

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Well we do have a madman here who actually did the custom diamond setting on his rep nautilus chrono. if i recall it right he ended up with half the cost of the genuine though.

Yeah but that was a solid white gold rep!

Reactions: MonsieurMax

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06

It's out as far as I know..

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
Why? They look like shit and anyone who knows stones is laughing at you if you wear those in public.

You know, I see this a lot here, but unless they’re using colorless sapphire, the stones should be fine. Most people claim to be able to see a difference between cubic zirconia and diamond, but a well cut cz will be virtually Indistinguishable. The lighting used by the td’s “floods” out the fire of the stones, but in natural lighting they will sparkle. If you can see the arrows in the stones then they’re well cut, but I’ve only seen a few watches from tds in which I can see them.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
You know, I see this a lot here, but unless they’re using colorless sapphire, the stones should be fine. Most people claim to be able to see a difference between cubic zirconia and diamond, but a well cut cz will be virtually Indistinguishable. The lighting used by the td’s “floods” out the fire of the stones, but in natural lighting they will sparkle. If you can see the arrows in the stones then they’re well cut, but I’ve only seen a few watches from tds in which I can see them.

Absolutely agree on this. Had a Cartier Santos chrono iced which blinged af in natural light and artificial light. Took some screenies from my video as i cant upload a vid.

9a4d0768804e685387e6504924ad612c.jpg

f2f4e9018472a84e5bd7c27e0ab6ee5b.jpg

a77aae5a1064b688d98ebe12c9bec655.jpg

c9a315c15d984ee81a427f2eff02a384.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
Absolutely agree on this. Had a Cartier Santos chrono iced which blinged af in natural light and artificial light. Took some screenies from my video as i cant upload a vid.

9a4d0768804e685387e6504924ad612c.jpg

f2f4e9018472a84e5bd7c27e0ab6ee5b.jpg

a77aae5a1064b688d98ebe12c9bec655.jpg

c9a315c15d984ee81a427f2eff02a384.jpg

Noiceee, it’s because of the main lighting being directional, leaving more open space for the refraction to happen. The lights used by td’s surround the stones, filling basically every direction with light. At least I think that’s what happens. I’ve recreated the effect with real diamonds plenty of times, hell there’s certain rooms in my house where the lighting kills the sparkle

Reactions: atan and vcappp

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Noiceee, it’s because of the main lighting being directional, leaving more open space for the refraction to happen. The lights used by td’s surround the stones, filling basically every direction with light. At least I think that’s what happens. I’ve recreated the effect with real diamonds plenty of times, hell there’s certain rooms in my house where the lighting kills the sparkle

Yep, thats because the TD’s use those lightboxes that fill up the entire studio. Also everything is white in the studio, so thats the reason the stones wont shine. Currently waiting on qc pics of the R8 Nautilus full diamond an GMT Master II with some bling

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
Yep, thats because the TD’s use those lightboxes that fill up the entire studio. Also everything is white in the studio, so thats the reason the stones wont shine. Currently waiting on qc pics of the R8 Nautilus full diamond an GMT Master II with some bling

It’s not the color of the light, it’s just the sheer amount and the angle. The colors come from light refraction and diffusion so the color doesn’t change that.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
It’s not the color of the light, it’s just the sheer amount and the angle. The colors come from light refraction and diffusion so the color doesn’t change that.

Im not saying its the colors im saying the lights they use are overpowering. Thats why you get a dull result.

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
Im not saying its the colors im saying the lights they use are overpowering. Thats why you get a dull result.

You said everything’s white, that’s why ;) definitely show us your new scores when you get them