• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
How did you replace the fonts of the city ring?

In a way yours have become closer to gen than DC's, because your dates advance the right way and you have the pusher at 10.

Thanks but if DC didn’t repaint the map (he made it look effortless bloody hell), I wouldn’t have thought further about correcting the other details.

I disassemble the dial side and took some measurements of the city ring and hour ring. Then I designed it on Illustrator, trying to get the closest colours and font to the gen. Followed by numerous light test prints and adjustments to get the best fit I could achieve. Final print is done on glossy paper with adhesive back. It’s basically a sticker that I put on top of the original city ring.

Not the most permanent solution, but quite cost-effective easily achievable without heavy duty machining.

That reminds me I need to put up a review+process!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks but if DC didn’t repaint the map (he made it look effortless bloody hell), I wouldn’t have thought further about correcting the other details.

I disassemble the dial side and took some measurements of the city ring and hour ring. Then I designed it on Illustrator, trying to get the closest colours and font to the gen. Followed by numerous light test prints and adjustments to get the best fit I could achieve. Final print is done on glossy paper with adhesive back. It’s basically a sticker that I put on top of the original city ring.

Not the most permanent solution, but quite cost-effective easily achievable without heavy duty machining.

That reminds me I need to put up a review+process!

Makes sense, but i could imagine how difficult that would be. Great work! Yeah you owe us a review! Could be very interesting. It could give others ideas for modding.

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
2uLmJ.jpg