• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA

I finally got it sized. Took it to a watchsmith and he said it was nearly impossible. I think he had to heat it and everything. But it’s finally sized and I love it. Such a beautiful watch (the SS is a V1 with Miyota)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Your watch smith was probably unaware that Patek Philippe bracelets utilizes an extra sleeve along with a friction pins when sizing their bracelets. There should be no heating involved. Personally, I prefer screws, much easier to work with.

BTW, great looking watches. Congrats.

Last edited:

stowee

Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Texas
H0Ofyj.jpeg
Is this stock 3K?

watchfi

Gen & Rep collector
19/8/23
West Palm Beach
Yep! SW dial, PPF hands, (might be an SW subdial hand on one of them, I spilled my parts during assembly lol), Gen moonphase+gen moonphase gear.

No pinion mods, bezel reshaping, case work etc.
Are you kidding on the " I spilled my parts"? You started w/ PPF or 3KF? Crown modded ?

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
Are you kidding on the " I spilled my parts"? You started w/ PPF or 3KF? Crown modded ?
Only PPF makes a 5712, no crown modding necessary.

Im not some legit watchmaker, just a hobbyist. I had SW subdial hands on previously, and PPF hands off to the side- elbow hit the holder at some point while taking the hands off so I could get to the moonphase mechanism and the SW and PPF subdial hands ended up mixed. They basically look the same.

watchfi

Gen & Rep collector
19/8/23
West Palm Beach
Only PPF makes a 5712, no crown modding necessary.

Im not some legit watchmaker, just a hobbyist. I had SW subdial hands on previously, and PPF hands off to the side- elbow hit the holder at some point while taking the hands off so I could get to the moonphase mechanism and the SW and PPF subdial hands ended up mixed. They basically look the same.
Gotcha. Lol. End result is a nice looking piece

Reactions: solexz