• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Patek 5726 - date change issue - help and advice needed

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Hi RWI members

Issue with a very recent purchase of a PPF 5726 purchase from M2M here on RWI.

Issue is related to date change on the 12 hr or the 24 hr mark on the 24 HR sub dial. The day and date should change over on the 24hr mark or thereabouts. - essentially meaning 12 midnight.

My date changes on the 12 mark ( 12PM lunchtime ) on the 24hr subdial and the day changes over at @ the 3 mark on the sub dial ( 3am which i believe is correct for this movement ) basically means day and date are almost a whole day out of sync. Looks like the date function is out by 12 hrs. Weird ???

See my pic below - Has anyone elase experienced this with their watch - is there a relatively simple fix via service OR date wheel adjustment - or is this basically a write off in terms of correct date function now ........ damn it.

See my pic below for reference : Any help and advice and guidance on what best to do is greatly appreciated.

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
You can probably re-seat the 24 hour hand, which appears to be 12 hours out of sync. A watchsmith can do this, or if yourself if are skilled enough,

The rest seems ok, the day also changes a bit after midnight for me too.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
You can probably re-seat the 24 hour hand, which appears to be 12 hours out of sync. A watchsmith can do this, or if yourself if are skilled enough,

The rest seems ok, the day also changes a bit after midnight for me too.

That’s what I thought too, but the day doesn’t change over at same time frame. If I re seat the 24 hour hand to suit the date change, then the day won’t change over until midday- To me it looks like the entire date wheel mechanism is off. The issue is the interval between the date and day change… it’s not just 3 hours which would make the hand reseat plausible… it’s more like 15 hours difference taking into account the day changes at 3 am.

So disappointed with this…..it’s flaring my OCD. Lol

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Watch has been sent back to Ryan at Intime to help sort the issue out. Will update on progress but I expect it to be slow with the lockdown issues in a China at the moment.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
A simple service would have reset the calendar properly AND make the all movement smoother and last longer. Sending back to China is a mistake that can be very costly IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
A simple service would have reset the calendar properly AND make the all movement smoother and last longer. Sending back to China is a mistake that can be very costly IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes perhaps….
I did investigate local resources and discussed at length some options with an RWI member on here that works in Australia that does good work. The issue was the potential for parts that are not available here, the unknown qty that the rep cal 324 is and if anything went wrong and the cost for no possible result or fix.

The risk of course with sending back to manufacturer is that it doesn’t even make it back at all ! Some Risk either way.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Yes perhaps….
I did investigate local resources and discussed at length some options with an RWI member on here that works in Australia that does good work. The issue was the potential for parts that are not available here, the unknown qty that the rep cal 324 is and if anything went wrong and the cost for no possible result or fix.

The risk of course with sending back to manufacturer is that it doesn’t even make it back at all ! Some Risk either way.

Absolutely true. Well, good luck and I hope you get a better one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk