• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Annual Calendar Moonphase 5396

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I know there's a thread about these already, but I thought I'd start a new one as there was some speculation regarding if it had a working moonphase. Just confirmed with several TDs that indeed it does have a fully working moonphase.

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_202&products_id=24310

Personally, I'll be going for a rose gold version. I actually would rather the white gold, but stainless never looks like white gold so this from a visual check will be the best one on the market.

Anyone else looking at these, or better yet, have one?

Medngo

Looking Around
26/6/22
I have one that I got last week from Geektime. Like in other posts the deployant clasp is a thing of beauty but WILL break within a few days. Mine in 3. Specifically the pin that closes the clasp broke off.

The leather quality is whatever. I knew both of these things going into it so I bought a replacement from Delugs.

The watch and movement itself seem to be fine. I enjoy watching the movement through the clear case back and seeing the parts.

I am happy with it but will have a watchsmith check it out tomorrow to see if it’s going to be a keeper or beater.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
The leather quality is whatever. I knew both of these things going into it so I bought a replacement from Delugs.

The watch and movement itself seem to be fine. I enjoy watching the movement through the clear case back and seeing the parts.

I am happy with it but will have a watchsmith check it out tomorrow to see if it’s going to be a keeper or beater. [/QUOTE]

What dial colour did you get? Shame about the clasp, the TD should be able to send you a new one if it broke that fast.

phelan771

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/14
I have one that I got last week from Geektime. Like in other posts the deployant clasp is a thing of beauty but WILL break within a few days. Mine in 3. Specifically the pin that closes the clasp broke off.

I am happy with it but will have a watchsmith check it out tomorrow to see if it’s going to be a keeper or beater.
How much did the replacement clasp from deluge cost you?

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19

It’s a remarkable watch. Fantastic complete calendar movement (gen is annual but it hardly matters). Huge improvements from the KMF version. No major tells from gen as far as I can tell. The grey version with Breguets was a grail of mine and I put it on a Camille Fournet alligator strap I bought secondhand, very comfortable. Crown is a little rough and I wear watches on my right wrist so I do feel it, but it’s not major. Overall a definite buy imho

beatitnoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/16
The broken deployment clasp is certainly disappointing. Mine also broke within 3 days...

I seem to recall a site that's been posted here where you can buy replica folding deployment clasps for Patek. Does anyone know of such a site?

The clasp is gorgeous and I'd love to get it either repaired or replaced.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The broken deployment clasp is certainly disappointing. Mine also broke within 3 days...

I seem to recall a site that's been posted here where you can buy replica folding deployment clasps for Patek. Does anyone know of such a site?

The clasp is gorgeous and I'd love to get it either repaired or replaced.

A lot of them on Ebay. Just search your national ebay. I've bought from ebay before.
Just a remark: The clasps have a buckle width of 18mm. The gen clasp for the 5396 is 16mm. I'm not sure if you can find one with 16mm buckle width.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
There’s a ton on Etsy too but I imagine they’re just price inflated versions of the eBay ones. However, I don’t know if the quality is any better than the original rep one because those are terrible. I put mine on a Hirsch sport single fold and it’s been great.

Mazzantini

Horology Curious
30/1/16
The same thing happened to me with the closing, it's a shame. In three days it has broken. Waiting for a response from Ryan

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
Humble advice to everyone folks. it's not broken. You just need to screw it back in. You most likely have lost the screw upon it coming apart. Like VSF Subs, the screw is loose from the factory. You just need to tighten it and it will hold. It is very well made. Second pic is the screw. It's very small but with a magnifying glass it is doable. Mine came apart but I managed to find the screw on the floor and put it back together.