• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus 40th Anniversary QC

OTF_300

24/6/16
This watch looks magnificent, I wouldn’t worry too much about tiny imperfections. Presumably with grey market prices currently being between $600,000 and $1,000,000 it’s going straight in the safe when you receive it?

Absolute beautiful piece, just enjoy it.

Have a great weekend.

Most definitely, and thank you for your kind words.

Just to be on the safe side, I asked them for some photos of the part which should say 950 as I just noticed that it seems to completely empty and not engraved correctly.

Not sure if it's just the camera angle but if it is empty then that is a major flow IMO when it comes to how the back case should look.

Do you think it's just the camera angle and picture quality or could they have actually not engraved it well?

jT3HXi.png
jT33qX.jpg
jT3zDc.jpg

Last edited:

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
I think the dates showing through the hour indexes as visual interest to me. I have mine on order as well. I didnt care about Patek, but one day started getting interested in the design. coming off RM reps

Reactions: OTF_300

OTF_300

24/6/16
It’s stamped 950

I rejected the watch.

950 is not engraved correctly on the backside.

After 7-8 months of placing my order, having returned the first watch that was dead on arrival, the second watch looks perfect overall but the backside has a wrong engraving.

This is so frustrating.

I know this isn't a big deal to many but at the very least I'm glad I got to notice it during the QC phase because I'm very picky when it comes to the small details.

jTROsF.jpg
jTRIn5.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
ChazingTime.

You mean you want me to sell it to you?

I was enquiring as to the TD you ordered from so that I could contact them and purchase the rejected watch. Firstly it’s a beautiful watch but secondly to take a problem off their hands whilst helping myself collect another beautiful time piece. I don’t think these are easily come by

Reactions: P..DR..D

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
I rejected the watch.

950 is not engraved correctly on the backside.

After 7-8 months of placing my order, having returned the first watch that was dead on arrival, the second watch looks perfect overall but the backside has a wrong engraving.

This is so frustrating.

I know this isn't a big deal to many but at the very least I'm glad I got to notice it during the QC phase because I'm very picky when it comes to the small details.

jTROsF.jpg
jTRIn5.jpg

This isn’t the same watch I commented on. I see you’ve edited the post now but I think you posted the picture of the watch you’d already rejected in August 2021 by mistake. That watch was stamped, badly but attempt made, 950. This second watch isn’t stamped at all bar the diamond shape.

I fear it’s going to be a long road for you unfortunately as all these rep watches have flaws so both you and TD will need a lot of patience. You were lucky here that the flaw was on the back case.

Anyway, I hope you get there in the end and I have contacted your TD hopefully to pick up the latest rejected watch.

Good luck

OTF_300

24/6/16
This isn’t the same watch I commented on. I see you’ve edited the post now but I think you posted the picture of the watch you’d already rejected in August 2021 by mistake. That watch was stamped, badly but attempt made, 950. This second watch isn’t stamped at all bar the diamond shape.

I fear it’s going to be a long road for you unfortunately as all these rep watches have flaws so both you and TD will need a lot of patience. You were lucky here that the flaw was on the back case.

Anyway, I hope you get there in the end and I have contacted your TD hopefully to pick up the latest rejected watch.

Good luck

I didn’t post the picture of the old router by mistake and I also did not reject the first watch by mistake.

I did receive the first watch but returned it immediately as it was dead on arrival and had a scratch on the dial that wasn’t spotted during QC.

i just used its picture for comparison purposes and to showcase how the engraving on the backside is actually supposed to look when compared to the second watch QC.

Anyways I do hope that you enjoy it if you end up receiving it.

Let me know what they say if they responded to you.

If they refused to sell it to you, you can text me in private and I can talk to them to ship to you directly.

You’ll get it for a super attractive price and you won’t have to wait for several months like me and many others did.

Last edited:

OTF_300

24/6/16
Did I just say router in my last response? I meant to say watch.

I was reading an article about internet routers and I must’ve gotten confused while replying to you Rocket14 so excuse me.

Last edited:

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
I didn’t post the picture of the old router by mistake and I also did not reject the first watch by mistake.

I did receive the first watch but returned it immediately as it was dead on arrival and had a scratch on the dial that wasn’t spotted during QC.

i just used its picture for comparison purposes and to showcase how the engraving on the backside is actually supposed to look when compared to the second watch QC.

Anyways I do hope that you enjoy it if you end up receiving it.

Let me know what they say if they responded to you.

If they refused to sell it to you, you can text me in private and I can talk to them to ship to you directly.

You’ll get it for a super attractive price and you won’t have to wait for several months like me and many others did.

Will do, thanks. No reply as yet and my apologies as I’d forgotten about your first DOA. I’ll let you know what happens.

All the best

OTF_300

24/6/16
Will do, thanks. No reply as yet and my apologies as I’d forgotten about your first DOA. I’ll let you know what happens.

All the best
jXYA55.jpg

They’re expecting me to believe that 3KF is no longer stamping 950 on all of their Nautilus 40th Anniversary models.

Is this even remotely close to being true?

It’s super obvious that they just wanted me to approve the watch so they’re saying stuff like this. I just found it ridiculous after what soon is going to be 1 year of waiting they wouldn’t even give me the curtsey of a quick new QC and instead hit me with the classic response of “all of them are like this now.”.

Last edited:

OTF_300

24/6/16

All the best

I have just sent them an email to confirm that I did not wish to buy it anymore from them so you may want to try to email them again so that you can hopefully claim it quickly before they send it back to the factory.

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
I have just sent them an email to confirm that I did not wish to buy it anymore from them so you may want to try to email them again so that you can hopefully claim it quickly before they send it back to the factory.

Thanks, I’ve emailed them twice but I won’t chase it any further. My thought process was to do everyone a favour, including myself. If it doesn’t happen it’s not the end of the world, I’ve held a gen steel nautilus in my hand and I just wanted to see this one in the flesh. I would never order a rep of a $600,000 watch ordinarily but my curiosity got the better of me. I’d have worn it once behind closed doors and enjoyed having it on my wrist for a few hours whilst being $599,500 better off;)

Appreciate you trying to help me and I wish you all the best going forward.