• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus 40th Anniversary QC

OTF_300

24/6/16
I did some looking around and wasn't sure where to post my QC so I apologize in advance if I posted this in the inappropriate section.

This is my QC that I've been waiting to receive for 7 months, so I'm eagerly looking forward to some opinions.

My biggest concerns are dial and/or date wheel misalignments and the common fat link on the bracelet.

Also, is the movement on my watch actually engraved like it is supposed to be on the newer batches from 3KF? (Super important to me)

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
There is no place to put QC pics because you are just not supposed to post them unless
1/ they are approved and for illustration purposes
2/ you have specific concerns on flaws that you think you have identified but are not 100% sure and want a confirmation. In this case you can post a small set of pics, just the ones that explain your concern

So no "how is the watch" and no posting the whole QC pic set. Not even "how is the dial" unless you think you've spotted something wrong, in this case please let us know.

So with regards to your questions, do you see any misalignement on the dial that you'd like us to double check, if so which one?

The date is dead center so I'm not sure why you're worried about that but please elaborate if I'm missing something

For the movement engraving, the printed movements should be long gone by now but if you want to be sure ask your TD for extra pics that highlight that, as it's hard to assess on the ones above

Cheers

Tobel

6/7/17
Example of a good QC pic post here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ry-buff/page37

Post 366

The member saw something on the markers which was tricky to assess as some pictures showed that the markers were well aligned but the reflection on these markers gave the illusion that they were not. So he wanted people's second opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: OTF_300

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
date looks centered.
still need to order the buff anniversary datewheel and switch. it's the best anniversary font so far.

OTF_300

24/6/16
date looks centered.
still need to order the buff anniversary date wheel and switch. it's the best anniversary font so far.

Hi, by "switch" you mean as in switching the date wheels and not something within the watch correct?

And is the buff date wheel the same one that fellow member and contributor Bionone is working on or is it a different one?

Regards.

OTF_300

24/6/16
This is the 40th anniversary dial - check
Date is dead center - check
First link is correct - check

Reading QC rules is a must before positing

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/136582-a-little-on-qc-pics

Enjoy your PP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I truly appreciate it.

The only thing holding me from sending the greenlight email right now is whether the movement on my watch is actually engraved or not like it has been on 3KF's improved version.

What's your take from the pictures that I've provided?

Regards.

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi,

The only thing holding me from sending the greenlight email right now is whether the movement on my watch is actually engraved or not like it has been on 3KF's improved version.

Regards.

I already answered this question, but you're welcome

OTF_300

24/6/16
I already answered this question, but you're welcome

I'm so sorry for it seeming like I didn't acknowledge your post, my bad.

That specific post didn't show up for some reason until I closed the tab and opened it again.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
I'm so sorry for it seeming like I didn't acknowledge your post, my bad.

That specific post didn't show up for some reason until I closed the tab and opened it again.

Thank you so much.

No worries. Ask your TD for more detailed pics of the movement

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi,

Regards.

Don't expect high quality engravings on this movement. Accept it and call it a day.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Hi, by "switch" you mean as in switching the date wheels and not something within the watch correct?

And is the buff date wheel the same one that fellow member and contributor Bionone is working on or is it a different one?

Regards.

yes swap the date wheel for the anniversary font. the buff version has the correct weighted font and size so the best version so far. the date wheel by bionone look too thin in the sample and they are working on the update.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s-modder-factory-buff?p=10438853#post10438853

OTF_300

24/6/16
yes swap the date wheel for the anniversary font. the buff version has the correct weighted font and size so the best version so far. the date wheel by bionone look too thin in the sample and they are working on the update.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s-modder-factory-buff?p=10438853#post10438853

Oh wow. I've never heard about the buff date wheel until now.

But one would assume that the updated version from Bionone is worth waiting for before pulling the trigger right?

Because it's circulating around that the buff dw: 22-29 and maybe even 30 dates are left-aligned which can be easily seen from some of its photos.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Because it's circulating around that the buff dw: 22-29 and maybe even 30 dates are left-aligned which can be easily seen from some of its photos.

there are 2 buff date wheels.
the buff anniversary font you want for this watch is correctly space. the regular Arial font from buff has the left alignment problem, the solution is the Peggy regular font.

OTF_300

24/6/16
No worries. Ask your TD for more detailed pics of the movement

I think that the movement on the watch is engraved so I just approved it to avoid further delays.

Because realistically if I was to disapprove of the watch, I would have to wait for another extremely long period of time and there is no guarantee that the second watch is going to be better.

And mine already looks to be on point so I'll just go with it.

Tobel

6/7/17
I think that the movement on the watch is engraved so I just approved it to avoid further delays.

Because realistically if I was to disapprove of the watch, I would have to wait for another extremely long period of time and there is no guarantee that the second watch is going to be better.

And mine already looks to be on point so I'll just go with it.

Cool! I don't think there's many watches with printed movements left on the market so you should be good

OTF_300

24/6/16
jTjXCK.jpg
jTjTi8.jpg
jTjdGv.jpg
jTjCVR.jpg
jTjwL1.jpg
jTj4rj.jpg

What do you think?

Even though I green-lighted the watch they did actually wait and send me the photos I initially requested.

Last edited:

OTF_300

24/6/16
Is this normal by the way or is it some sort of damage or flaw on the movement rotor?

Please check all the images I've provided if you would like to see more angles.

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
This watch looks magnificent, I wouldn’t worry too much about tiny imperfections. Presumably with grey market prices currently being between $600,000 and $1,000,000 it’s going straight in the safe when you receive it?

Absolute beautiful piece, just enjoy it.

Have a great weekend.