• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Pam1313

Hama

Horology Curious
27/12/20
GER
got mine today, what a beauty! but wtf... the strap is a piece of shit... waiting for my mays to be delivered

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
superspark69 what did you do at the end, did you go 1033? Or were you able to get an aligned 1313 DW at the end?

I went with the 1033 mate, just couldn't get a decent version of the 1313!, now I have the 1033 though I think I made the right choice.

The problem with the 1313 qc I kept getting was some dates were perfect whilst others were just out, no consistency on the DW. Weird really as VSF have done so many pams, the printers should be able to get them spot on now.

Last edited:

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
strange because i have get one perfect example of dw alignement, after only one rejected ... but yeah 1033 is pretty nice too !

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Love mine..the blue face is amazing...
3bd16a51805894d2fa7206aa1cd03444.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Now why cant they make the dial on 1025 just as good :-/

If this is not a rhetorical question, then I will say this rather widespread fact.
VSFs do a lot, fast, with one try.
There are many examples, and from 1117/1118/1119 which were made with flaws due to the fact that they were produced long before the first real samples, even in boutiques.
PAM1393 appeared before actual sales, but there is still no gen PAM1394 official information, except for a couple of photos on the network, and this is considering that the rep is already on sale.

They do it all from the photo. The straight photo is often different from the actual release. This has always been the case, and in the days of 225, when in the catalog on the drawn render one could find that the case was from pam187, and even the button for setting the date, although it is clearly visible that there is no date window on the dial.
The same thing is happening now, and there is no definite answer about the reasons. They changed their minds and changed, they decided to deliberately surprise the audience, or the artist simply knows a little less about his brand's watches than he should have.
There is also an opinion (in which I hardly believe, to be honest) that this is specifically done in order to create problems for rep factories.

If you look at the panerai and VSF promotions you won't see much difference. It just so happens that the PAM1313 does not differ from the initially announced one in almost nothing.
Here are examples of gen promo / vsf, which show that they did what they could, having at their disposal only images of this level, at that time.
The question is that after the actual release of gen it is possible to release conditionally V2 with corrected shortcomings.
But here are a few points: Firstly, these are production runs. If at least 1000 sets of white hands have been made for PAM1314, then until they are sold, others will not appear, and this is good if the problem is only in the hands, because there are more complex elements that require large volumes.
The second is that while the first edition with errors is being sold, conditionally, 5 new models come out, and interest in the previous ones is already falling, and for the residual level of sales, the introduction of changes may already be unprofitable if this model is not a bestseller that can be sold for years and have success
Third, VSF has clearly chosen the path without official versions, and if something is changed, then they do it silently, most often, this was often the case with the V6F, if we are not talking about the transition from 7750 to the P.9000 clone, when the majority appeared VSF V2.
Noob has heavily perverted the idea of new versions, tossing bones, and randomly distributing improvements and degradations each time period, VSF apparently chooses not to annoy and confuse.

Finally, those photos that show what initially VSF tried to do, and that it turned out with respect to such images is not very bad, although it often does not make it easier for us.

Reactions: Seventhfool

JohnLukeNY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
17/12/20
US
Hi everyone, I am the proud owner of a VSF 1313. Unfortunately just few days after getting the watch, the movement started loosing 1-2 minutes a day and one of the springs inside the lugs came off.

I really need a watchmaker to service the watch, but I am having a hard time finding a someone in CONUS willing to look a VSF Pam clones: does anyone have a suggestion?

C5000

29/6/12
Yes, I have used Replica Watch Repair before, and just sent in another watch last week. The turnaround time is slow because there is a wait list.

Dealco

Looking Around
30/11/16
Well, my experience with Replica Watch Repair is not very good. I sent them my non-running PAM for diagnosis and service last September. I got an invoice in early November, paid promptly, and the watch was returned to me. However, it would not run for more than a few minutes. I inquired, was told to return the watch, did so on December 1, and after several inquiries was informed on January 25th that a part (a balance that supposedly had gone missing from inside the case during shipping back to me following repair, ha!) had been ordered. On February 19, after an inquiry, I was informed that the part was not likely to arrive (from China, one presumes) before the end of March. Since then, and despite several inquiries, RCW has gone silent on me. I wrote two or three times to ask what the status of the part order was, and I even suggested that if the part just wasn't available, perhaps we could discuss replacing the entire movement. But there has been no response whatsoever during these past several months. At this point I despair of ever seeing my watch again, much less having it repaired, or having my payment refunded and I really don't know what recourse I might have other than to write and share this experience. I might also add that I have never been rancorous or demanding with these folks and have the email thread to prove it. If indeed, as a couple of folks in the forum have suggested, the shop is simply overwhelmed, then perhaps they ought to stop taking on new work until they get caught up. And certainly, they ought to be doing a better job of taking care of the customers they have taken on. If I ever get a reply from "Amy" or anyone else at RWR, I will happily update this post, but meantime, please take my report for what it is worth to you.

Dealco

Looking Around
30/11/16
OK, quick update on Replica Watch Repair. A few hours after my post, they got in touch to explain what has been going on in what turned out to be a most satisfactory manner. The part needed for my watch is no longer available from any of the factories in Eastern Switzerland, aka the Peoples Republic of Eastern Switzerland. So the tech at RWR has been waiting for a replacement part to turn up amongst the watches they purchase on a regular basis for parts. He says I was sixth in line for this part back in January but am now 2nd. A replacement could turn up today or it could be another month or two. I am good with that, now that I know, and in fact have to give them kudos for not just sending the watch back to say "Sorry, we can't fix it." As to why they hadn't let me know, it is pretty much as someone on the board has said: "They are overwhelmed." So bottom line, I am personally convinced that this is a shop very much on the up and up, where the only downside is the time that it may take to have your watch serviced. On the other hand, I would guess that just about any outfit that services these things is going to be beyond busy. Meantime, thanks to Doc at RWR for the time he took with me and for the truly enlightening discussion about the rep watch repair universe.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Waking up this thread, as I stuck my head back in to read it all again.... I ended up sending my 1313 to SpongeBob. Had issues with the pallet fork, balance wheel, and needed adjustments. Unfortunately, it came from the factory with these issues, first time it's happened to me..... It was a LONG wait to get it back. Anyways, in perfect working order and sometimes even gets wrist time. :cool:

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I congratulate you for solving such a difficult question, although not quickly. This is one of the best temporary pams ever made, and recent reviews show it's nowhere near that level.
And yet, for many who doubt - a great example when a difficult issue with a P.9000 clone was solved by a qualified craftsman and a person who loves his watch and is not averse to guessing.
Congrats, but without a photo it's somehow difficult ... :tumbleweed: