• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Destro Version of 176/177 or 562/564?

RollieHunter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/19
Dear PAM Experts of RWI,

I have gone through the whole Reference PAM Review-guide and also the excel file, but i couldn't seem to find the PAM that I am looking for.
As i am a leftie, I am wondering if there is a Destro version of 176/177 or 562/564?

Basically I am looking for a PAM which has these features:
1. Luminor Base / Luminor Marina
2. Sandwich Dial
3. 44mm
4. Full Brushed Bezel/Case

I am planning to sell my 8 year old Gen PAM 372.
As I am approaching my forties, I feel 47mm is just too big for me and I am starting to dislike the polished look of the bezel/case.
Prefer the ruggedness of a full brushed one.

Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
PAM117
PAM056

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Thanks for your reply dadog13 . Too bad these are sausage dials.
I prefer the look of the sandwich dials bro

Looks like I did not read well all your requests..
Now you got me thinking..lol

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
you could make the 176 destro by turning the dial.... there have been cases of people doing that with certain gen models

Reactions: KOT1917

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I never thought about it, but, this is an omission from the management of panerai. I understand that the demand for the destro version of the stock models is not high, and this is the whole reason, but I expect sooner or later the limit in titanium with a sandwich for the right hand. They should not leave free moves in combinations. In the meantime, apparently the only option is to only build the watches you like!
By the way, pam026 is not titanium, but due to pvd, it also looks quite severe.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks superspark69 Will definitely explore this option

KOT1917 PAM026 does look amazing. What do you mean by it looks quite severe bro?

Sorry, translation difficulties. I meant that satin models look more "instrumental", "utilitarian", while polished models are more "rich". I like titanium due to the fact that it is darker than steel and looks even more “courageous?" Than steel. If the lower weight of titanium is not decisive for you in its choice, but the appearance is more "hidden" and darker than steel, the more polished, then it may make sense to consider pam026. I hope I was able to convey the idea with the help of a Google translator.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Polishing is a maximum of gloss, satin finish is less, satin titanium is completely dull, pvd is not quite the same effect, but closer to titanium than polished steel. The military appearance looks quite "severe", in this sense I used this word. For the rest, this is just as you wanted, a destro manual winding sandwich.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Polishing is a maximum of gloss, satin finish is less, satin titanium is completely dull, pvd is not quite the same effect, but closer to titanium than polished steel. The military appearance looks quite "severe", in this sense I used this word. For the rest, this is just as you wanted, a destro manual winding sandwich.

The super rep PAM026 are with satin finished PVD coating. You might be referring to low-quality replicas of this model. The watch is most certainly not shiny.

H-factory did a run on the PAM056C, which were very nice (I regret selling mine all these years after). Unfortunately as you know H-factory is no longer in operation.

RollieHunter

3/5/19
KOT1917 Thanks for the explanation. I heard that titanium cases scratch easily as compared to polished steel. How bout PVD in terms if the scratch resistance?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
KOT1917 Thanks for the explanation. I heard that titanium cases scratch easily as compared to polished steel. How bout PVD in terms if the scratch resistance?

Titanium is lower in hardness compared to most steel alloys so it scratches more easily. PVD is more scratch resistant but it is not scratch proof. The hardness can vary depending on the composition of the material bonded to the metal as well as the preparation of the surface to receive the PVD coating.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
The super rep PAM026 are with satin finished PVD coating. You might be referring to low-quality replicas of this model. The watch is most certainly not shiny.

H-factory did a run on the PAM056C, which were very nice (I regret selling mine all these years after). Unfortunately as you know H-factory is no longer in operation.

Again the difficulty of translating. I just contrasted pvd, polished steel. I didn’t have a pam with good pvd, but I adore it a bit matte. And pam056, this is of course one of my favorites. Unfortunately, it was too late to join this hobby, and did not spare the sale of these models new. Not sure if they often covered m2m. Your customer was lucky!

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation

In turn, I wanted to note that the abrasion of the pvd coating is not perceived as scratches on satin steel. I see a certain beauty in this process on some types of pvd coatings, giving a weapon look, if you like it, of course. You can find many beautiful images on this subject on the Internet. For me it is akin to patina on bronze.

RollieHunter

3/5/19
Thank you KOT1917 mysterio superspark69 for your suggestions. The more i look at the 026, the more i am attracted to it because of the dark coloured/brushed case & bezel. Too bad the production has stopped/discontinuted and its difficult to get a good rep now.
Therefore, by exploring other options similar with the 026 (luminor base/marina, DARK coloured/brushed case & bezel, dark coloured & sandwich dial), I have shortlisted a few models:-
PAM 386
PAM 375
PAM 617

As these are Don-Destro, can the dial be turned so that it can be converted into a Destro ?

Are there anymore models that fit this criteria besides the above 3 that i shortlisted? (luminor base/marina, Dark coloured/brushed case & bezel, dark coloured & sandwich dial)

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Thank you KOT1917 mysterio superspark69 for your suggestions. The more i look at the 026, the more i am attracted to it because of the dark coloured/brushed case & bezel. Too bad the production has stopped/discontinuted and its difficult to get a good rep now.
Therefore, by exploring other options similar with the 026 (luminor base/marina, DARK coloured/brushed case & bezel, dark coloured & sandwich dial), I have shortlisted a few models:-
PAM 386
PAM 375
PAM 617

As these are Don-Destro, can the dial be turned so that it can be converted into a Destro ?

Are there anymore models that fit this criteria besides the above 3 that i shortlisted? (luminor base/marina, Dark coloured/brushed case & bezel, dark coloured & sandwich dial)

Only a base dial can be turned, a base dial is one that does not have a seconds sub dial

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
PAM 386
PAM 375
PAM 617

Well, 375 and 617 are 47 mm. As I understand it, you wanted to refuse this size. Moreover, you should check with TD, I doubt that they are available. Pam386, it seems, is on sale, and it happens on m2m, but you should decide on the version, because they were produced from various materials and had different colors in the versions. It is also worth considering that this gen model has not been released. Well, not one of the listed, as I understand it, can’t be deployed to the left side without a specially made dial, because everyone has anything except 2 hands. I think members who talk to TD more actively are aware of whether pam386 vsf is currently available.