• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF PAM616 - whaaat?!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I have just seen this announced as a new release by XF. The carbon pattern looks soooo wrong, don’t understand the point of this release if it is miles away from the quality achieved b VSF and their V3 (if I am not mistaken)

What makes me happy is to see that XF is still there trying to bring the PAM reps to the market, maybe we will see something interesting from them in the future however I don’t know how they can sell this one being so wrong vs gen and while on the market there is a rep of the same model being quiet a good one

Reactions: AlphaProt

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
While not completely offensive, the fact that it's not based on an actual PAM makes me question why XF even bothered.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Garbage. How much they wanna charge for this shit lol.

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
Its a forged carbon like AP.
Don't know why. But maybe VS have some sellers wanted this one.

This is not the first watch by VS/XF to produce with wronge material. Forged/carbotech

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Its a forged carbon like AP.
Don't know why. But maybe VS have some sellers wanted this one.

This is not the first watch by VS/XF to produce with wronge material. Forged/carbotech

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It's not the first, yes. IF and that's a big IF, some customers asked for this watch, the resulting watch is clearly going to be labeled a fake. No doubt about it. Nobody is going to say it's bespoke (custom) nor will anybody who's familiar with PAMs believe them. The appeal of this watch is going to be very limited. The upside of this is, like the previous Carbotech cased custom models, because not very many will buy this, later on the watch will be available for very cheap. If it becomes $200-$250, I have some extra case and I have nothing else I'm waiting on, I may think about buying this next year.

Still, so much effort wasted on a watch that AFAIK there was no huge demand for. Instead of getting profits now for making new accurate to gen models, they'll have to make do with just recouping investment much later on. That doesn't make much business sense.

Last edited:

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
You have to ask what were AP thinking? Being different doesn't always work and imo forged carbon is fugly. It looks cheap as hell.
I would like to see an AP in the layered panerai carbon though.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You have to ask what were AP thinking? Being different doesn't always work and imo forged carbon is fugly. It looks cheap as hell.
I would like to see an AP in the layered panerai carbon though.

Well you'd have to pray JF thinks as crazily as XF and produces the rep you're thinking of. :)