• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM1616 released

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
On the contrary! Bishh's post confirmed ernien's, lume is the same on both, take a closer look, in both pics, the hour and second hands are blue while the rest of the dots are blue-ish green, while on the gen only the bezel dot and the minutes hand are green and the rest are blue

Hmm, I thought PolonusTM said it looked like they fixed it. Blshh since it's your watch, can you confirm if it's all the same blue color or the minute hand and bezel pip are green? Thanks!

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Indeed it would be nice to know that. But in either case I think it looks to be an awesome rep! But I’m not into the details as much as some of the long time PAM fans. I just think the quality looks to be pretty high on this rep.

Reactions: Airsupply

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
I'm torn between the blue-vs-carbon contrast of this and the 979's carbon dial. If only Panerai had made one with both.

Reactions: jb3md

Airsupply

20/4/12
20190825-161730.jpg

post pictures

Thank you for sharing @Bishh , mysterio what do you think now? , and btw, xartan it is still indeed a fascinating piece! I have 382 v1 with the wrong movement decoration and won't trade it for v2, your love for it will grow with time. The idea here was to provide a feedback about the simple lume issue, and hopefully VSF will fix it very soon :)

Last edited:

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I have mistakenly confirmed they fixed the lume. Apparently they didn’t. Anyway, I can live with it; my 1616 awaits for me at post office...

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Stunning.

I wonder if it would be hard to have this repaired in case you need spare parts since it’s a custom Asian movement or if the spare parts are common.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
My problem is that I can't find the way to change the strap, ie to remove the spring bars.

I saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM1luVxDIM

I have the correct tool

but when I push the tool in the hole, nothing moves.

What do I do wrong? I see many of you have already installed new straps.

the holes on outside of lugs are DECORATIONAL only! Just use flat, sharp screwdriver and move/push pins from INSIDE of lugs, like with ordinary pins.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
the holes on outside of lugs are DECORATIONAL only! Just use flat, sharp screwdriver and move/push pins from INSIDE of lugs, like with ordinary pins.

Yes, only the PAM616 used those holes to change out straps. The PAM661 which was the next PAM to use a Carbotech case, changed the mechanism where you had to unlock the push pins in between the inside part of the lug and strap.

Reactions: xartan