• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V1 movement vs V2

sourcegrafik

Horology Curious
22/3/19
Hello, looking for some advice please.
I have been told that a there is no more stock of a Pam438 V2 watch I was looking at but they still have V1 movement available.

Beyond the fact that V2 movement looks more like a genuine panerai watch, is there any difference in functionality or other issues in choosing V1 movement?

Many thanks,
Hanniel

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It depends on what your dealer is stating as a V2. If it's the clone P.9001, then it's just the location of the balance wheel. If it's the superclone P.9001 then it includes the gen functions (as well as the correct 12 hr GMT)

Reactions: VitZan

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Trusty has the V3. Anyone seen this one or can comment?

Well technically it's only a V2. Trusty probably counted from the first PAM438 from V6F (which strictly speaking is a different factory although technically, V6F became VSF and XF).

V6F V1 - with A7750 based movement
VSF V2 - with Superclone P.9001
VSF V3 - with Superclone P.9001. (with completely blackened movement)

Redfoot

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/4/19
California
Hello, looking for some advice please.
I have been told that a there is no more stock of a Pam438 V2 watch I was looking at but they still have V1 movement available.

Beyond the fact that V2 movement looks more like a genuine panerai watch, is there any difference in functionality or other issues in choosing V1 movement?

Many thanks,
Hanniel

I have a p9001 v2 and the rotor is very loose and rattly. I guess I just got a dodgy version and hope a service will fix it. Does anyone else have the same problem?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I have a p9001 v2 and the rotor is very loose and rattly. I guess I just got a dodgy version and hope a service will fix it. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Not mine (although the movement was purchased separately and installed)

Redfoot

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/4/19
California
Not mine (although the movement was purchased separately and installed)

Did you get your movement from a TD or elsewhere? If a service doesn't sort mine I think I'll do the same because mine is suuuuuper noisy.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Did you get your movement from a TD or elsewhere? If a service doesn't sort mine I think I'll do the same because mine is suuuuuper noisy.

Not a TD. I know someone who has a dealer friend and I got the movement through him.