• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***The NEW Panerai wristies thread*** post your PAM pics here!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
How is the strap on that one. I love the lume but is it any good? And heard people say velcro strap is crap, is that true? Reason I canceled my order and went with pam1661. Hopefully a Pam1117 comes out too.
To be honest, I haven't spent much time on it. I just took it off. Looking at it quickly, I don't think it's the best. It's not bad for a rep strap but I just prefer high quality straps rather than moderate to low quality. I have some good straps already so it wss just as easy as swapping them out.

But I don't think I've ever got a rep strap that was worth keeping. So I don't know.

Obviously you can see I don't let the strap itself impact my decision. You can go off an buy one decent strap and you're all set and you can have anything you want too. Or you can have many straps.

All black or a light faded black or a bright green or a MN strap are just a few of the ones I tried so far that look amazing.
You won’t lose that strap in the pile.
Yeah to be honest pal, this is a loud watch. The watch itself is very loud in almost every regard so a strap like this goes well with the case and it's features.

Which is strange when you consider how stealthy the watch itself looks. It's like black on black on black. But then you look at it and the dial is LOUD and the lume is loud, the hands are loud so it seems fitting to have loud (attention getting) strap. It also looks ???? if you ask me. And just in case tapa doesn't post the emoji it's a fire emoji.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phoenixboy

knight5272

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/14
6d47a39e5001b11651638e0f0d4b6bd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
To be honest, I haven't spent much time on it. I just took it off. Looking at it quickly, I don't think it's the best. It's not bad for a rep strap but I just prefer high quality straps rather than moderate to low quality. I have some good straps already so it wss just as easy as swapping them out.

But I don't think I've ever got a rep strap that was worth keeping. So I don't know.

Obviously you can see I don't let the strap itself impact my decision. You can go off an buy one decent strap and you're all set and you can have anything you want too. Or you can have many straps.

All black or a light faded black or a bright green or a MN strap are just a few of the ones I tried so far that look amazing.
Yeah to be honest pal, this is a loud watch. The watch itself is very loud in almost every regard so a strap like this goes well with the case and it's features.

Which is strange when you consider how stealthy the watch itself looks. It's like black on black on black. But then you look at it and the dial is LOUD and the lume is loud, the hands are loud so it seems fitting to have loud (attention getting) strap. It also looks ???? if you ask me. And just in case tapa doesn't post the emoji it's a fire emoji.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

True. But I think I really wanted the 1117 so the 1118 would just be me getting it till or of 1117 came out. But the 1661 is one I wanted so best not to waste money on a watch I dont want 100%.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
True. But I think I really wanted the 1117 so the 1118 would just be me getting it till or of 1117 came out. But the 1661 is one I wanted so best not to waste money on a watch I dont want 100%.

Absolutely. I have the 1661 but it’s out getting some work done. When I get it back, I might end up parting with one of these because they’re So similar. I’m not sure yet. But yeah, you can also buy it and see how you like it and if it doesn’t suit you, you can just sell it without losing too much.

I will say one thing, this watch definitely has a weird and surprising and impressive wrist presence and it wears differently than I expected. Panerai (and by extension vsf) have a weird way of making a watch seem different on wrist than it does in pics in my opinion. But I hope (and I. Sure) you’ll find one that suits you.