• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Time for my first Panerai? Need help!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
If you want one of the "cheapest" gen PAMs, you should go for the 000 I guess. But better go for the 111 as it just looks better IMO. I believe that the 44mm PAM doesn't wear that big. I've got a gen seamaster 300m master co-axial with 42mm diameter and for me my old shitty 111 rep wore better on my wrist (I've got a really small wrist btw) EDIT: too late but I'm sure you'll have fun with your 111

If you're going for a gen PAM, just buy one that has not been repped to super rep level yet. Else you may find yourself getting the rep later and flipping the gen because there's virtually no difference between the two. I know some personal friends who've done it or were saved by the bell before jumping the gun on a gen PAM. Of course nothing beats the gen 100% but it's pretty close. Not Worth Buying In Gen or NWBIG. :)

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
An alternative is the Pam390, more vintage looking with tobacco dial and lovely gold hands. The size is 44mm and it is available as super rep.

panerai_pam_390_1489572092_7753141b.jpg

Can you send me a TD link where I can get this? Thanks!

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Can you send me a TD link where I can get this? Thanks!

You can search the TD sites for pam 390, pricing may vary by several dollars but by doing so, it'll give you an opportunity to peruse their sites to see what else is available.

BTW - a 45mm Radiomir wears smaller in size to a 44mm Luminor