• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM 441/438 V2 reviews & comparisons

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
IMeLZwr.jpg
R243BZw.jpg
JsYzlCg.jpg
BkTEfU8.jpg
kPaalji.jpg
m1vmbBz.jpg
NHEaUwy.jpg
SseRX3G.jpg
6Xamr1X.jpg
wzrKTj4.jpg

Reactions: pechspils

pechspils

4/9/16
Awesome! The non-coated bridge/rotor plate was why I didn't buy the 438 so far.

celestial

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/17
VSF is really doing their job! Next may be the real PR function?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
VSF is really doing their job! Next may be the real PR function?

Well nothing is impossible but there's no telling if they're even working on it. Plus the blacking out of the movement isn't very technical, compared to a working PR gauge. I wouldn't wait, I'll just buy what's available now rather than hope for something to happen.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
the xtal remains that super glary xtal it used to be right ?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Is it supposed to have so much difference in gamma between the yellow of the panerai luminor ceramica on the dial and the yellow of the numerals ?

Thought they were the same but in that website one is way lighter than the other

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Sorry for being a noob in the Panerai department but i just want to ask. Whats the difference between the two:

https://puretime05.com/pam438-o-real-ceramic-vsf-1-1-best-edition-on-ceramic-bracelet-p9001-b.html
https://puretime05.com/pam438-o-cer...-ceramic-bracelet-p9001b-free-asso-strap.html

I tried to research as much as I can but it seems that some links to review them are dead to do my homework.

VSF is using a newer P.9000 clone movement with the balance wheel @7 as per gen and functions like the gen and correct 12-hr GMT. V6F is using the original A7750 movement with the balance wheel @11 and no gen functions and has the incorrect 24-hr GMT There is a newe version of the PAM438 with the balance wheel portion blacked out (on the one that's on puretime, that part is still stainless steel).

llvicente

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
16/10/13
I see. Thank you sir mysterio for bringing light to my dilemma. So V6F and VSF are completely different factories. I thought VSF stands for "VSixF" and thinking they were the same. :p:p:p
Pardon my ignorance.

Do you mind to tell me where can I score the newest version of the 438? I tried to magnify and zoom in the pictures from Puretime but it seems that it looks visually stainless.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I see. Thank you sir mysterio for bringing light to my dilemma. So V6F and VSF are completely different factories. I thought VSF stands for "VSixF" and thinking they were the same. :p:p:p
Pardon my ignorance.

Do you mind to tell me where can I score the newest version of the 438? I tried to magnify and zoom in the pictures from Puretime but it seems that it looks visually stainless.

V6F and VSF are not the same but then nor are they completely separate factories. V6 (yes it's a six)F is the older company name. It later formed two factories, VSF and XF. Some V6F products still are in circulation but mostly VSF and XF are going to be sold moving forward.

As for the TD, it's best to ask your TD for the watch. It may not be in their list, but they surely source it.

sanespada

Horology Curious
26/1/17
I currently have the 441 VSF version. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy only the ceramic bracelet of the VSF?

Thank you.

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

celestial

29/11/17
I currently have the 441 VSF version. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy only the ceramic bracelet of the VSF?

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure all TDs offer (VSF) PAM438 bracelet, if that is what you are asking.

sanespada

Horology Curious
26/1/17
My habitual TD says to me that it is not available...

celestial

29/11/17
My habitual TD says to me that it is not available...

I guess you can try another TD. That's what I did (I bought a V2 VSF PAM441 together w/ a ceramic bracelet (for PAM 438))