• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 438 VSF Released with Super Clone P9001

Genera74

29/12/14
A 2mm difference should not affect how big the watch feels on the wrist. The watch head itself is lighter than its comparable stainless steel brethren so that makes the watch not feel big on the wrist.

I see. Ok, I have PAM111 and it wears well, so this one should do well too. Thanks a lot! :)

VitZan

Known Member
23/4/19
Italy
My issue with 438, two days after arrival (TD has replacement in stock):

00603550381d4250dc08fc9e896cae55.jpg

Reactions: Doctor76

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
My issue with 438, two days after arrival (TD has replacement in stock):

00603550381d4250dc08fc9e896cae55.jpg

Do you still have the ceramic part that detached from the end link? If you have it, you can remove the bracelet from the watch (recommended so you don't get any adhesive on the watch and the rest of the bracelet), superglue the ceramic to the metal bottom part and viola, fixed.

Last edited:

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Amazing watch and fantastic quality, one of the best reps I have ever seen and touched but just not my type. Realized I need some stainless steel ;-)! Now up for sale in M2M!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
Is there somewhere in the forum (I can't find) comparison 438 vsf v2 vs gen?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Is there somewhere in the forum (I can't find) comparison 438 vsf v2 vs gen?

No there is none because first, no one did a review, and second, there is no difference between V1, V2 and V3 except for the movement, which only affects the appearance of the movement and function the movement brings to the watch. Everything else (mid-case, dial, crystal, caseback, hands and bracelet) is the same.

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
No there is none because first, no one did a review, and second, there is no difference between V1, V2 and V3 except for the movement, which only affects the appearance of the movement and function the movement brings to the watch. Everything else (mid-case, dial, crystal, caseback, hands and bracelet) is the same.

why 438 is not on the SUPER NWBiG list? in my opinion, he should be there.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

Because it has not been classified a super rep. Being listed or not in the NWBIG shouldn't affect anybody's purchasing decision either way. As long as you like the watch, then buy it.

madmax1967

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/19
Italy

I agree, I own a V2 and I'm very happy with it...

If I had to find a flaw, I'd say the dial cuts for certain numbers are a little too thin... like numbers 11, 10 and 8. In normal light seems to disappear...
On the other hand, I never had a GEN in my hands, so I can't really say if it's intended to be gen-like or really a flaw...

Has anyone had checked a GEN? I'd also like to hear if the weight is similar or not...

Genera74

29/12/14
Hows the asso strap that comes with the watch for an extra $20-30? Is it worth getting or better giving it a pass and invest in a good strap?

madmax1967

1/1/19
Italy
For that price isn't that bad at all... a good spare strap in case you need it and with rep ceramic clasp as well, so you can buy a good leather bracelet and change it as well.

Genera74

29/12/14
Finally received the Pam438 and have to say the watch construct is quite good. The bracelet can feel a bit more solid but I havent felt the gen so take this with grain of salt. The bracelet links can be a pain to remove; I had to bring it to watch shop to remove it and the guy was not having an easy time with it.

Noob question: how do you adjust the GMT hand? I can only change the minute and hour hand... Thanks

madmax1967

1/1/19
Italy
It's like gen, you can look for the manual on the official site.
Position 0 is for manual winding (after unlocking the crown protector, of course)
Position 1 is for moving only the hour hand, and it's meant to be used to set the local time while travelling
Position 2 is for hour AND minute adjust. The manual says that before setting the correct hour/minute, be sure that the hour hand is exactly over the GMT hand.

Basically, hour and GMT hand normally are aligned (GMT function is 12h as for gen) and you fix your time from position 2. When you travel, you move only the hour hand to match the local time, while the GMT hand will always point to your home time.

There is no quick-date setting... you must move the hour hand 24h for date advance. This can be done both from position 1 and position 2, but from position 1 is a lot quicker.
As always, avoid to set the date between 10PM and 2AM, like every other watch.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
It's like gen, you can look for the manual on the official site.
Position 0 is for manual winding (after unlocking the crown protector, of course)
Position 1 is for moving only the hour hand, and it's meant to be used to set the local time while travelling
Position 2 is for hour AND minute adjust. The manual says that before setting the correct hour/minute, be sure that the hour hand is exactly over the GMT hand.

Basically, hour and GMT hand normally are aligned (GMT function is 12h as for gen) and you fix your time from position 2. When you travel, you move only the hour hand to match the local time, while the GMT hand will always point to your home time.

There is no quick-date setting... you must move the hour hand 24h for date advance. This can be done both from position 1 and position 2, but from position 1 is a lot quicker.
As always, avoid to set the date between 10PM and 2AM, like every other watch.

How can you avoid to set the date from 10pm to 2am if you are advancing it by the hour hand, it will be every time the date flips.....

madmax1967

1/1/19
Italy
How can you avoid to set the date from 10pm to 2am if you are advancing it by the hour hand, it will be every time the date flips.....

Ah! You're right! That's for wathes with quick date set function! :D :D
You must forgive me, my last two brain neurons left are making the best they can, but sometime they argue with each other...

Genera74

29/12/14
Thanks for your help!! btw, just today on my first use, found out the clasp is not working properly and become stuck... so have to send back the bracelet for either repair or replacement... What a bummer

madmax1967

1/1/19
Italy
Mine is still working nice... I got it in January... but lately the ceramic cover piece over the hinges (not sure if it's the right word... I mean the last segment with the pin connecting to the case...) got loose...
I saw this already happening to others and I solved with a drop of bicomponent glue... the glue originally used was not so good.
Fortunately the piece got loose on my hands and not lost.

Rovermania

Looking Around
20/11/19
Just got a VSF Pam438. Was told it’s a V2. Right?
Also, I can’t seems to get the seconds reset. Does V2 have the seconds reset? Mine can’t.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Looks like a V2 — I can go into details, but it’s a lot like Spinal Tap: the movement is more black haha.

V2 does not have a seconds reset to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI