• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Panerai 6152/1 - Hot Chocolate - Pics Heavy

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
RADIOMIR PANERAI 6152/1

Hot chocolate

Here we go again guys, it's time to show another project I recently completed.

Those of you who have been following me on my vintage trip know how attracted I am by tropical dials. There is something about them that really drags me.

GEN
dcfab881efd176013b5a3c53f73a4419--panerai-marina-pams.jpg

Very few 6152/1 show such signs of deterioration on the dial, this is most likely due to the fact that they were thicker and used a different luminous compound compared to the dials used in 6154's and 3646's.

BUILD

It is my opinion though that some early watches or prototypes used old stock parts and maybe some older dials slipped into production generating a few very rare tropical 6152/1.
Vendome Panerai took inspiration from these watches when they released their models with what they now call a "tobacco" dial, such as the Luminor 390.

I contacted Bigwaved to take on the task of creating this dial and, as usual, he did not disappoint :)
I'm not sure I could really capture the beauty of this dial completely, its color really changes from brown to black depending on light just like the gen does.

The other parts used for the builds are my usually preferred ones: reshaped Jackson case, NW crownguard (this is from an old batch), NW solid caseback/movement holder/lugbars/T25 plexi. For the first time I used an Athaya crown and tube set and let me say this crown's really the best available atm, but the crown tube requires a HUGE hole :)

Strap

And a few more pics:

And once again that's all folks, see you soon with my next projects :)

D

d4m.test

Vintage, but insanely exquisite :) Love it!
Great work, Egr. Sig. Kilowattore!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks guys :)

Dinkis

Supporter
Certified
23/8/15
Michigan, USA
You are an insane builder. The Myth, the Legend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
What kind of heart is ticking in that vintage beauty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w4kz

Known Member
27/2/15
Wow!! Fantastic! Superb build! What movement did you use?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk